Patches for Fallout 2

Discussion in 'Fallout General Modding' started by Celestial, Jun 4, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Da Butcha

Da Butcha First time out of the vault

Jul 30, 2004
    Okay, I downloaded the patch 1.05 and 1.05 update into my Fallout folder. So now I guess I open the f2patch1_05.rar with WinRar, I extract the f2patch1_05 folder into C:\Program Files\BlackIsle\Fallout2\f2patch1_05. The extracting screen does something. Now I go to the folder Fallout folder, open f2patch1_05, open f2patch1_05 then there is a data folder, readme file, Fallout.exe, another readme file, and a uk.zip. Take all that and paste it into the Fallout 2 directory. Then take the 1.05 update and the data file and paste that into the Fallout 2 directory. Let me know if a missed something. Thanks.

2. Todo

Todo Still Mildly Glowing

Jun 5, 2004
    Yes. If you have NO children in the game, then unzip the UK.zip too. But if you have children in the game then just ignore the uk.zip file. Yes, just overwrite everything and you're all set. Enjoy. :)

3. Skynet

Skynet Mildly Dipped

Jun 5, 2003
    ...and set all .PRO files in critter and item folder "Read-Only", before running the game.

4. Da Butcha

Da Butcha First time out of the vault

Jul 30, 2004
    I started the game already, will it make a difference if a change those files now?

5. vitzippa

vitzippa First time out of the vault

May 4, 2004
    Why don't you wait until 1.06 comes?

6. Todo

Jun 5, 2004
    For the same reason as Michael J. didn't wait for the kids to grow up.

7. Ashmo

Ashmo Half-way Through My Half-life
    Orderite

Jul 2, 2004
    If you mean "setting the files to read only" by that, yes, you've just deleted every *.pro file in your data directory which wasn't set to read only.

8. Claw

Claw Where'd That 6th Toe Come From?

Jan 18, 2004
    Where is Celestial? I don't want to start another game without the new patch. :?

9. vitzippa

May 4, 2004
    Well, you're on of hundreds that's for sure :) Just look at me, I'm the head representant of Alingsas, a town with 40k people, and I'm the one who will tell about 50 of those when 1.06 comes out :P

10. Todo

Jun 5, 2004
    Oh come on vitzippa. Stop pulling their legs. There is no town in Sweden that has over 40k people living in there. Sweden's a back-water redneck country. 8) :lol:

11. jona0

jona0 First time out of the vault

Apr 4, 2003
    I fear we can forget it!

What if V1.06 is only a hoax?
    And Celes is smiling in the back while we are all waiting and waitng....

Greetings
    Jona

12. Skynet

Skynet Mildly Dipped

Jun 5, 2003
    Celestial is almost a week late from the date he promised to release the 1.06.

Maybe he meant 3-4 weeks and not days, or maybe he has his own method to count times. This all is just a theory ofcourse...

13. Mixnmojo

Mixnmojo First time out of the vault

Jul 24, 2003
    I wonder if he managed to get Kaga to work......or if it's even possible to get Kaga in the way the devs intended. Maybe that's what he's working on?......

All I know is that I'm re-installing Fallout II as soon as he puts out that patch.

14. vitzippa

May 4, 2004
    Well, he said 3-4 days. But then, before that, he said 3-4 weeks, and came back after about 6-7 weeks. He's a busy man and everyone has to face it :) Just as Todo is a crazy finish mad man :P :D:D

15. Todo

Jun 5, 2004
    I'm not crazy! I'm just handicapped in self-expression. :D

Yeah, I have been wondering it also. What is the 1.06 is REALLY a hoax? Cele's just checking the forums once a day and is laughing his arse off. :!: :?: :cry:

But I doubt it. I couldn't belive that anyone from his country could be such an arsebandit.

16. Oracle

Oracle Water Chip? Been There, Done That

May 19, 2003
    Maybe celestrial found something else to put in his patch witch is important. I'm waiting on p1.06 aswell but i rather want it to be complete then one witch isn't.

and 1.06 for being a hoax....... hell no don't believe one bit of it. He did made those other patches. So I see no reason that is would be ah hoax.

Just give the guy the time he needs

17. Carib FMJ

Carib FMJ Nuka-Cola Chaser

Nov 8, 2003
    Me... want patch. Have... to sate... Fallout 2 craving...

*Falls into unconscious oblivion*

18. Eric the Viking

Eric the Viking First time out of the vault

Jul 15, 2004
    Well, he did say he was having some dramas with his 'net connection so it's possible he's 'offline' at the moment.

I'm sure he'll put us out of our misery as soon as he can.

Cheers,

Eric

19. PsychoSniper

PsychoSniper So Old I'm Losing Radiation Signs

Jun 27, 2003
    Teh patch is gona rock :)

20. Todo

Jun 5, 2004
    Or maybe Celly's a bit busy in real life. Maybe he found himself a woman. Bah, girlfriends can really cramp up your hobbies. Always demanding attention, like dogs, but even worse.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.