Will you participate?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Area 51 was a really cool location and the highpoint of Fallout: Nevada thus far. The area was well set up with a lot to do. 1) Activate the power but the doors opened and closed by themselves. 2) Activate force fields and have them kill some aliens. It was cool that you could control the force fields remotely 3) Find the codes to the safes and collect gas canisters and gas the aliens to death. 4) Activate facility self destruct.

You can also turn on the security turrets. Sadly they all get killed off-screen.

Fallout: Nevada should be considered part of the canon

By the way, have you found Salvatore and Bishop in Reno?

Regarding canon- two things don't fit.
Salt Lake City canonically was nuked into oblivion and is completely unhabitable. In Nevada it prospers.

Second thing comes up near the end and retcons certain thing from Fallout 2.

You can also turn on the security turrets. Sadly they all get killed off-screen.
Yeah forgot about that. I did that of course!

By the way, have you found Salvatore and Bishop in Reno?
No, but that would be a really cool easter egg. If they are spawned by some prostitute or hobo...

It's not. The most western point of the map in VB was Hoover Dam.
Ok, for some reason I thought Area 51 would be included in Fallout: Yesterday, don't ask me why.

Also I will be joining this thread at some point this year and posting detailed thoughts and breakdowns on each game, looking forward to participating
I'm very much looking forward to that!

Last edited:
Ah! I've seen that hobo a thousand times. He usually says that I'm just a pair of cunt flaps. He's hilarious. I haven't been down much at the fighting ring yet and for some reason I didn't react to the name Bishop.

That's really nice though. From the bottom to the top. Mr Wright isn't doing that we'll either when you first encounter him. He's almost broke.

One thing I hope was improved in Sonora is Karma.

Not only is Karma basically worthless (I can only think of one instance when it's used- if your Karma is too high Louis won't believe that you want to join them and attacks), the way it's calculated is sometimes baffling.

Stealing $100 from a drunk or robbing a chest in Black Rock -5 Karma.
Strangling someone (whether he's evil or good) with a wire -5 Karma.
Poisoning entire communities (Gerlach, Big Louis and his gang, Provo) -50 Karma.
Stealing a Pip-Boy upgrade -80 Karma

There are no consequences for being a bad guy. In Fallout 2 we had bounty hunters at least.

There're a few, from the top of my head:
  • if you steal around the hotel and general store, they'll raise their prices,
  • murdering Wright and slum dwellers spawns a group of vigilantes armed with molotovs and some melee weapons (including unique baseball bat),
  • finishing Louis' quests locks you out of Nevada Express in Reno and any unfinished Cheyenne quests,
  • poisoning Cola plant for Provo locks you out of selling Cola

I have just finished the mod. Why Sergeant Graves is dead? I remember saving him in Crazy Edition? Reaper of Souls took one punch in the face and died instantly.
This time I have found 3 Combat Armors and Police Armor
Machinist did not attack me on my way back. You can still go back even if he is dead. Doesn't make sense.
Well it is time for Fallout 1

Last edited:
Woah nice! What a marathon you must have had!

If you have the time please answer these questions or put down any other thoughts about Fallout: Nevada.

-Going into the game what are you looking forward to?
-What's your thoughts on the main quest in Nevada?
-How would you improve it if you were to re-write?
-Does anything apart from the main quest need improvement?
-What's the game's strengths and weaknesses?
-What would you like to change in the game?
-What build did you use during your play-through?
-What's your weapon of choice?
-Describe your favourite quest and why you like it!
-What's your favourite location in the game?
-What ending did you get?
-Does it add to Fallout lore in a good way?
-Could it be considered as part of the Fallout canon?
-After having completed it what did you think of the game?

-Going into the game what are you looking forward to?
I wanted to re-live my favorite game from childhood.
-What's your thoughts on the main quest in Nevada?
Doesn't make any sense. Complete trash. Bikers are cool though.
-How would you improve it if you were to re-write?
I wouldn't. Game needs diferent story from scratch.
-Does anything apart from the main quest need improvement?
Voice acting, translation,talking heads etc.
-What's the game's strengths and weaknesses?
Game focuses on skills and thats great.
-What would you like to change in the game?
Placement and stats of weapons and armor, balancing is fucked up.
-What build did you use during your play-through?
ST5 PE10 EN2 CH2 IN9 AG10 LK9 Fast Shot and Gifted
-What's your weapon of choice?
-Describe your favourite quest and why you like it!
Stealing the Car. I kissed a black man's ass in the name of art! Does it need explanation?
-What's your favourite location in the game?
All subquest locations are great. LAS VEGAS looks unfinished.
-What ending did you get?
All of them. Reloaded many times.
-Does it add to Fallout lore in a good way?
No
-Could it be considered as part of the Fallout canon?
No
-After having completed it what did you think of the game?
Great mod, much bigger than Fallout 1. Creators put so much work in it and it's visible.
New graphics are awesome and whats more important they look like original.
9/10 sublots
0/10 main quest

Last edited:
Salt Lake City canonically was nuked into oblivion and is completely unhabitable. In Nevada it prospers.
The doctor in Salt Lake City says:
In the North there is a large radioactive area, a real cemetery. That was the part of the Salt Lake city agglomeration on which a [sic] nuclear bombs were dropped during the war.
What is Salt Lake agglomeration you would say? It appears the area was still heavily nuked not just the part you visit in Fallout: Nevada.

Last edited:
The doctor in Salt Lake City says:

What is Salt Lake agglomeration you would say? It appears the area was still heavily nuked not just the part you visit in Fallout: Nevada.

For some reason I remembered that New Canaan was founded in Ogden, because SLC was too dangerous. Went back to VB document and New Jerusalem was first founded in SLC, before it was destroyed by savages. Survivors from Jerusalem later building New Canaan

So yeah, place couldn't be completely destroyed.

In Salt Lake City I got a quest from one of the traders to bring back loot from Harrelson. However it didn't appear in the questlog. I did get the location on the world map though so I went there and killed the guy. What's bothering me is that I can't mention it to the trader. Are there any specific items you have to have brought from the cave to be able to complete the quest? There were a lot of shit there and I had to put some of it in the trunk of my car, so I don't really know what he requested.

In Salt Lake City I got a quest from one of the traders to bring back loot from Harrelson. However it didn't appear in the questlog. I did get the location on the world map though so I went there and killed the guy. What's bothering me is that I can't mention it to the trader. Are there any specific items you have to have brought from the cave to be able to complete the quest? There were a lot of shit there and I had to put some of it in the trunk of my car, so I don't really know what he requested.

It's not really a quest. He just mentions that it's a good opportunity to earn some money and assumes that you'll just sell to him whatever you find. It's all just generic items you can get somewhere else.

There're 3 ways to get the location:
  • Talk with Phil at BM
  • Buy a Salt Lake map and use it
  • Complain to one of trader brothers about high prices (you only get this dialogue if you choose to Barter and exit), ask him about opportunities to earn money (he won't say anything without Caravan Drivers: Idolized status, or passing either a Barter or Speech check)

Ok I see! I misunderstood him. I will just buy that Gas pressure suit from him then. For some reason I thought that was a quest reward.

Back