brofist.png

Spoilered for size

[spoiler:1109d90ab2]

metroll2013-05-1420-26dujx.png

metroll2013-05-1520-1hyuz1.png

metroll2013-05-1519-1p7ur4.png

metroll2013-05-1519-12ausd.png

[/spoiler:1109d90ab2]

Why don't we have a thread for it, anyway?

Also, those outdoor levels are amazing. It really feels like some sort of wilderness, everything out to get you. The game doesn't have the player as the central figure, you are merely passing by through the world. Those groans of the wild animals, how they prey for each other too etc. is extremely impressive.

Surf Solar said:
Brother None said:
Metro: Last Light is pretty. But sad.

brofist.png

Spoilered for size

[spoiler:faf5918635]

metroll2013-05-1420-26dujx.png

metroll2013-05-1520-1hyuz1.png

metroll2013-05-1519-1p7ur4.png

metroll2013-05-1519-12ausd.png

[/spoiler:faf5918635]

Also, those outdoor levels are amazing. It really feels like some sort of wilderness, everything out to get you. The game doesn't have the player as the central figure, you are merely passing by through the world. Those groans of the wild animals, how they prey for each other too etc. is extremely impressive.

Holy crap! I must get that game soon :D

Surf Solar said:

I dunno. Make one!

More shots, and fine, this time I'll just spoiler for size instead of doing the complex click to view full size thing

[spoiler:1fba4beaf7]
fta3ft2.jpg

WAib90q.jpg

oKUKLdY.jpg
[/spoiler:1fba4beaf7]

Dem water effects :3

Game looks awesome, both purely graphical and atmosphere/setting. Loved the first one, so this is definitely on my need-to-play list.

I feel its stronger than the original, obviously in graphics, but in atmosphere and gameplay too. It's still a bit too much of a frantic shooter at times, for me, but it's got a ton of strong moments to offset it.

And dayum, it just looks so nice. Those lighting effects, those water effects, dayum.

Brother None said:
I feel its stronger than the original, obviously in graphics, but in atmosphere and gameplay too. It's still a bit too much of a frantic shooter at times, for me, but it's got a ton of strong moments to offset it.

And dayum, it just looks so nice. Those lighting effects, those water effects, dayum.

Well, it's the atmosphere that made the original what it is in my opinion. I was a bit disappointed that it was in fact more or less a corridor shooter gameplay-wise, so I can see what you mean. I would have loved it to be more focused on survival and horror. The one part of the game that really stood out and that will forever be etched into my mind is when you first face the Librarian. Scariest moment in any game ever for me. More of that, and it would have been beyond awesome.

Brother None said:

And the strippers. Dem tittehs. :mrgreen:

Seriously though, Last Light looks awesome. I loved Metro 2033, and I can't wait to play its sequel. Do they still have Checkpoints though? I didn't like that sort of save system in 2033.

I'd still prefer being able to save on my own, so it's a bit of a crappy system. I don't see a reason for that, to be honest.

Surf Solar said:
I'd still prefer being able to save on my own, so it's a bit of a crappy system. I don't see a reason for that, to be honest.

Given that you can freely start any chapter from the main menu, it's about the most convenient checkpoint system imaginable.

Surf Solar said:

Yeah, same. I don't like some arbitrary system deciding when I should save my progress either. I admit it doesn't detract from a game that much (unless its complete shit), but still.

Fortunately, the Metro series have a fairly decent checkpoint system.

The problem with checkpoints is that they risk a game getting tedious instead of fun.
I often felt that way with GTA. Screw up a mission, and you're gonna have to do the whole drive around the city, all that stuff that you might even have immersed yourself in the first time. By the 3rd attempt, I can't care less, I smash through traffic, with no immersion whatsoever, and the mission becomes a chore.

It is the same reason I never liked to pump up the difficulty slider in games, unless they actually provide interest in the setting. I play to entertain myself, not to grow more and more aggitated :D

We salute you, comrade! From what I know, that's a pretty big achievement.

ARMA 2:

[spoiler:c5f36b42e1]
93800928FD08AC3E7B31E62C6BBF8849E380F519

Quite possibly the weirdest moment I had. Here's Razor, in FOB Manhattan, just got their orders. I suddenly hear gunfire behind me, see LAVs engaging a Chedaki Mi-8. It tries to pull off a strafing run on the FOB. It doesn't survive the hail of fire.

What it does instead is crash into the fortifications in the southeastern part of the camp, killing twenty or so Marines and blowing up a Humvee.

It gets even better later in the mission. I managed to apprehend one of the targets (Valentina something) and moved her to the LZ. We waited about half an hour for the transport (real time). The Hind, before coming to get her, busied itself with destroying the Chedaki main base in the area. Then, after picking her up, it went back to mop up the survivors.

<3 unscripted behavior.[/spoiler:c5f36b42e1]

I only remember bugs, bugs, bugs, restart, bugs, bugs, bugs. It killed the Arma2 singleplayer for me forever.

Yeah, but it still sticks. I still play ArmA2 + Mods and all, but the singleplayer campaign died forever. I hope the same won't happen to me with Arma3.

And while this is a screenshot thread, here comes a screenshot from my Commandos mod:

screen05.png

Back