Ridiculous moments in Fallout 4

Discussion in 'Fallout 4' started by The Dutch Ghost, Nov 15, 2015.

1. Walpknut

Walpknut This ghoul has seen it all

Dec 30, 2010
    THe Dialogue on that quest is hilariously melodramatic

I didn't kill him tho, I chose the goody two shoes option of pleading for his life. Second quest I found with a Pacifist option.

2. Doctor 0

Doctor 0 Still Mildly Glowing

Sep 8, 2015
    Yeah, can't avoid the bad writing. :seriouslyno:

3. Walpknut

Dec 30, 2010
    I actually find Elder Mackelmore's melodramatic speeches kind of endearing, he is like 20 years old so he is probably way over his head with the sudden amount of power and respect he now commands.

4. Dr Fallout

Dr Fallout Centurion

Aug 17, 2015
    Ehh, if he seemed less sincere sure.

5. Walpknut

Dec 30, 2010
    No, the fact that he is sincere is what makes it all the more hilarious and endearing. He just BELIEVES so much on everything he says. It's like a College freshman.

6. Askorti

Askorti HATE NEWSPAPERS

Jun 30, 2015
    I just noticed how badass Maxson is. He has a belt. On his coat. That is undone and pinned to the edges.... He basically has a belt, that doesn't tighten shit. That's how you tell a true badass, by how many useless belts, loops and straps he has on him.
    10/10 design Bethesda, 10/10.

7. Walpknut

Dec 30, 2010
    That and the Macklemore hairdo, he probably has a tribal tatoo and some bible passages inked on his torso too.

8. Dr Fallout

Dr Fallout Centurion

Aug 17, 2015
    That sounds stupid, not endearing to me.

9. Walpknut

Dec 30, 2010
    It's endearing how their attempts at making him badass actually make him come off as a corny try hard freshman. Also the BOS is the only sensible ending route. As I stated before, is the only one that doesn't involve enraging a powerful military force by killing their leader and engaging on unprovoked aggression and Infanticide.

10. Askorti

Askorti HATE NEWSPAPERS

Jun 30, 2015
    Sounds very much like the Legion versus Stormcloaks decision all over again...

11. Magnus

Magnus Water Chip? Been There, Done That
    Modder

Dec 6, 2007
    Skyrim belongs to the Nords!

12. Askorti

Askorti HATE NEWSPAPERS

Jun 30, 2015
    Death to the Stormcloaks!

13. Magnus

Magnus Water Chip? Been There, Done That
    Modder

Dec 6, 2007
    I'll mount your head on my wall!

14. Dr Fallout

Dr Fallout Centurion

Aug 17, 2015
    Hmm... what would make a better character for me, is him trying to be bad ass but secretly a bit worried over his duties and jobs, maybe because he's not that smart or good at leading.

15. benwade

benwade First time out of the vault

Nov 16, 2015
    Oh, I bet you think you're clever, asking for DEPTH.

The number one rule of Bethesda writing is that DEPTH is for the olympic pools they will be building with all the Fallout 4 money.

16. Dr Fallout

Dr Fallout Centurion

Aug 17, 2015
    No I just like good writing. Does that make me a hipster or something?

So many pools...

17. MercenarySnake

MercenarySnake Kept you waiting huh?

Aug 22, 2015
    How dare we demand spending money to enjoy an RPG with GOOD writing, skills, C&C or any of these things for that matter. As the Bethesda fans would say, lower your standards!

• [Like] [Like] x 2
  18. Dr Fallout

Dr Fallout Centurion

Aug 17, 2015
    Turn that into a march...

LOWER YOUR STANDARDS, LOWER YOUR STANDARDS!!!

19. Articulo34

Articulo34 First time out of the vault

Nov 5, 2015
    Spoiler about a sidequest, nothing major, just bewere if you are spoiler sensitive.

Okay, I just found a ghoul kid trapped in a refrigerator. But that´s not the ludicrous part of it. He claims that he got in there when the BOMBS FELL! He has been trapped there for over 200 fricking years! But that´s not all, he also wants you to find his parents, at their old house...AND THEY ARE THERE!

:eyebrow:

20. Someguy37

Someguy37 Mildly Dipped

Nov 18, 2015
    While the kid in the fridge is dumb, his parents do say they spent many years wandering around the wasteland before coming back to their old house, since they ultimately had nowhere else to go.

They didn't just like stay there for all 210 years its been since the war.