Rude awakening: Why Fallout: New Vegas felt incomplete

Surf Solar said:
Who the fuck cares about mods anyway? As long as it doesn't come from the original developers, the only thing I give is the benefit of doubt. "Lol I'm giving the minigun Gauss rifle bursts" "I am giving female characters 4d coups is realistic" and such shit is the new "modding community. Embrace the decline! :)

You know wich is funny about those "female 4d coups" mods? They turn every woman in the game exactly the same.
Look at the default companions in NV.

FNVcompanions.jpg

Now compare Veronica and Cass, you can see some differences between them, Veronica looks much more younger than Cass and has a larger body. Cass on the other hand is more skinny and has a small breast size compared to other females in the game.

The same can be said about Boone, Arcade and Raul. Arcade looks more seasoned and middle age while Boone more stronger and younger.
Raul is short than the two and also looks more bulky.
And Arcade and Boone use the same male model.

There are very good mods that extend gameplay A LOT in NV without making you a "übber gut", I disagree with you on this, but concerning appearence and look, 99% of them are pure shit!

I downloaded them to see if these Bodytypes are any good, they were all nude bodies and it was the official version, the oen made first. the only oen that wasn't nude is one that gives them Leopard lingerie and oen that leaves your male character in his briefs, I am not too fond of goign commando, and now I can't uninstall them it seems.

I will never get why people make nude mods for video games.

But the engine right now does have very few body-types. It kind of kills immersion when I make myself as close as possible in the game and end up having big football shoulders that I can't change :(

I don't car about immersion, I want variety, I wish there was a Slim body type to complement a small framed run, or a heavy one, or even a fat one, If I knew how to make mods I would do them myself, I am fairly competent with 3d Modeling.

Walpknut said:
I don't car about immersion, I want variety, I wish there was a Slim body type to complement a small framed run, or a heavy one, or even a fat one, If I knew how to make mods I would do them myself, I am fairly competent with 3d Modeling.

But if it needs a mod then it is still a point against the game IMO.

No, because it doesn't remove from it that much, it's only a visual thing, gettign mad because you are not able to make your virtual doll like yourself is a sing that you should be playing Sims or Secon Life instead.

Back