Scariest Fallout critter

Get the animal friend perk and they will like you. I find it fun to get that perk in New Vegas and walk around their caves. Makes them a LOT less creepy--in fact, they are kind of cute...you know, when they're NOT trying to rip your face off.

I have something against insects, so i go all "whoa, ew!" every time i score a critical hit in VATS.

Also, in Fallout 1, i got my CA, a assault rifle and stumbled into centaur/floater encounter for the first time...

1. What the shit...
2. Better kill it. Now. Burst it.
3. ITS STILL WALKING TOWARDS ME OH GOD I WANT OUT!
4. RUN! RUN!
5. ITS TOO FAST!
6. IT'S CHEWING ON ME, WHY AM I SUDDENLY IRRADIATED OH GOD!

Few days i was quite unsettled by their design. I thought their teethed mouth was located between their heads.

Also, Molechs fall also in this unsettling category, even if Van Buren wasn't released. I also wondered if Burham Springs was inspired by Silent Hill, or, rather, by Centralia, the real thing.

The_Noob said:
The Raiders.

Human nature is a horrible thing.

Good god... could not put that better...
Im way more afraid of human's than anything....
hence talking to you via wire....
=)

While I don't think they are that scary in general the first time I played Fo3 I was wandering the wastes near a broadcast tower and heard fast footsteps, so I turned around and a Yao guai was right behind me. Scared the crap out of me, nearly gave me a heart attack.

Not really that scary but I would also choose Cazadores. Especially when they are close and they can poison you..

Well when I first played Fallout 3, I was just wandering around the wasteland, I've just visited a merchant and bought some stuff from him. Then I heard the battle music come on.

I looked around to see what was going on, I turned around and saw this big hairy mutant bear lunge at me. I found myself shouting and pausing the game, I was shaken and tried to regain my composure. I continued the game and proceeded to get owned by the yao-gui.

As for the other games, for New Vegas, the nightkin just appearing seemingly out of no where inside the Repconn Test Site damn near gave me a heart attack. It's not every day you're traversing the dark hallways of a basement only for a giant blue skinned mutant carrying a hammer suddenly materialize right in front of you.

Fallout 1's super mutants sort of creeped me out. Mainly because of how strong they are and how many of them there tend to be at once. Thankfully they tend to kill themselves more often than they kill me. XD

Brahmin
But only for the special encounter in Fallout 2. If you've been in it before, trust me there is no other encounter you try to run away faster from.

Scary looking wise, I'd go with the centaur.

Scary dying wise, I always booked from the fire breathing gecko encounters.

mobucks said:
Brahmin
But only for the special encounter in Fallout 2. If you've been in it before, trust me there is no other encounter you try to run away faster from.

Scary looking wise, I'd go with the centaur.

Scary dying wise, I always booked from the fire breathing gecko encounters.
Very scary indeed.... especially when bramins explode... :shock:

I'd say I got 3 special encounters with scary critters:
1: Fire geckos. Fast and got good range weapon with the flame thrower, not to mention a bloody pain in the butt if the party ends up in the middle of 6 of those.

2: Pariah dog. Seriously one event I try to steer clear from at all costs I even meet that darn dog at higher lucklevels than 4! Stay away from me!!!11!

3: Can't decide over Aliens or Floaters. Both are tough to kill, resilient to regular weapons and just plain annoying with their added Poison/Radiation thing they quite often strike me with.

Yep, I'd probably have to go with "Fire Geckos" (classic) for my pick, as well. Those things were TERRIFYING, no matter how high I was, or what gear I was packing, or who was accompanying me. Running into a group of Fire Geckos almost guaranteed someone in my party was gonna die, or take excessive damage, and (in the retail version) there wasn't even any incentive to kill them because they couldn't be skinned. They're much less annoying with the RP, and more rewarding, but they're still an encounter I do my best to avoid...

First time I saw one of the ghouls up close. No idea how they're even still alive with that much of their body rotting off..

The Master - He was really annoying with he's looks of goo-like flesh merged with computer and multiple voices of people he devoured. When i saw him for the first time back in '99, that was something.

acid303 said:
The Master - He was really annoying with he's looks of goo-like flesh merged with computer and multiple voices of people he devoured. When i saw him for the first time back in '99, that was something.
You think you can destroy me?! DESTROY! Me??

I have a whole list for this.

1) Deathclaws
First time I heard one of these creeping up behind me in Fallout 3 I nearly shit my pants. In fallout 1-2 its not so bad because you at least get to take a breather with the turn-based action and you see it in 3rd person in 2D pixels, but when you are in live action with a deathclaw realistically right in front of your face, it can be horrifying. If anyone ever saw and survived a deathclaw encounter in real life they would be traumatized for the rest of their life.

2. Ghouls
I hated the metro tunnels on my first playthrough of Fallout 3. After I was finally able to leave D.C. after talking to three dog I had made myself swear I would avoid D.C. for the rest of my first playthrough just because of those damn ghouls.

3. Super Mutants
In Fallout 3, these didn't get to me until I went into that vault looking for the G.E.C.K. For some reason, I didn't have the slightest problem with Super Mutants until then. Not to mention it was 3 A.M. the lights were off and I was by myself.

4. Mirelurks
I can't believe no one mentioned these.

5. Lobotomites and Marked Men
For some reason these guys creeped the fuck out of me. I didn't explore Big Mt. and the Divide like most people prob. did, I just did what I had to and then got the fuck out of there.

I agree with the others, Centaurs are pretty damn creepy.

And Cazadores are annoying as fuck.

Back