Scenery stuff and such...

Chris Parks said:
Christmas '11, Pixote! Christmas '11!

Seriously? You've announced that you're working on something but aren't going to show anything, even a small screenie until Xmas? Personally, this doesn't make me drool with anticipation, its just frustrating.

Well, since I'm building the game for myself and my friends I don't want to have any announcement dates (Christmas '11 is the most optimistic estimate I can give right now) or show anything to anyone. I think that Fallout's community has seen enough disappointment over the years without the need for me to contribute even more in case my game doesn't get finished or I don't release it.

At the moment, I'm finishing my maps and building artwork. I don't want to show WIPs because I don't like to show unfinished work or work that is out of context.

But that doesn't mean I won't talk about it. Since I'm doing this alone, I'm pretty satisfied with my progress so far. I wrote the storyline and all the quests. The maps are mostly finished but as I'm adding new artwork things move around. What still needs to be done is writing the dialog and scripting. Personally, I can't wait to get to those parts. And of course, the movies... can't have a Fallout game without some nice in-game movies.

Pixote and contie are much more qualified than I in this area... however, with such large pieces of artwork, you need to break it down to several frm's and manually adjust the frame offsets in a frame editor. If not you'll have issues in the game with the artwork disappearing when you move the cursor over it.

Thanks for the tip. I sliced the image in Photoshop and I've ended up with 45 separate pieces. Hooray for tedious offset adjusting!

Any artwork FRM larger than 350x350 pixels will cause problems in game...the cursor effects the object, the edges disappear when you scroll over it. Good-luck with the project Fallout1FTW, by the way who's scripting it...

So, 350x350 is the maximum size? I thought something around 250x200 was the largest. This has just made my day because I'll have less files to handle.

Good-luck with the project Fallout1FTW, by the way who's scripting it...

Thanks! I'll script it since I'm a software programmer. Are scripters so rare in FO's community you have to ask me that? :look:

Keep in mind that offsets have a hand in it as well. So if you make the image with maximum size, you can't move them around with the offsets.

Pretty much depends on your graphic and how you cut it, etc.

.Pixote. said:
Go for it, but just check the shacks frame offset numbers, and how the PC moves around it. The artwork might need to be sliced into two pieces.
Care to help in this area? :D

vehicles.gif

Ugly frog is changing into a beauty 8-)

Fallout1FTW said:
Thanks for the comments. I fixed some errors (e.g. "made it better") with Photoshop so please use this version instead.

10zv9sh.png

Fallout1FTW your improved longer guard shack is now in the RP...but it did require some slicing to work properly. :wink:

026scr00000.gif

Continuum said:
vehicles.gif

Ugly frog is changing into a beauty 8-)

I thought the rusty one was pretty good actually, well maybe it had a touch too much rust, is it time for another 50-50 blend.... :wink:

scr00000.gif

Looks beautiful, .Pixote. :clap: You have a very similar mapping style then mine, when it comes to junk/rubble and desert weed placment. :D Question: these stone "street bumpers" (dont know the correct word :( ) - is there any chance you could share them with us?

Surf Solar said:
Question: these stone "street bumpers" (dont know the correct word :( ) - is there any chance you could share them with us?

You can have all of the new artwork from the Restoration Project...so just open the art folder and have a look, all up there's about 1000 pieces, mostly new tiles - including the concrete barriers.

.Pixote. said:
Fallout1FTW your improved longer guard shack is now in the RP...but it did require some slicing to work properly. :wink:

It was a pleasure doing business with you, Pixote!
I hope we will have more opportunity to cooperate in the future. :ok:

.Pixote. said:
I thought the rusty one was pretty good actually, well maybe it had a touch too much rust
Nope, it was completely chaotic, noise-y and oversaturated, thus not Fallout-y at all :shrug: New one (all trucks will look like that) got contrast done very tastefully, like occasionally saturated rust (I think, I should saturate it slightly more here and there), and well defined borders (black <--> white) - see doors (both driver and engine compartment), for example. Can't decide about the cargo though - more rust and holes? On a side note: uber retro armoured junky vehicle will be updated too...

.Pixote. said:
is it time for another 50-50 blend.... :wink:
No. Not this time (again).

Also,

Continuum said:
Does anyone have FRMs of the boat?
:question:

Pixote AND Continumm do you ever take breaks, your work is uber awesome, I want that truck as a toy now.

Sorry had to edit Im smokin way to much weed atm cat beleive I left your name out contin :clap: :oops:

Continuum should get the privlage right to have a big fat copyright logo on all his work :P

Can you make a plastic toy version with a tad less rusty paint :mrgreen:

Back