Starfield

Discussion in 'General Gaming and Hardware Forum' started by Ediros, Jun 13, 2021.

Are you going to be a Bethesdafag?

1. Yes.

4 vote(s)
    11.4%
  2. No.

18 vote(s)
    51.4%
  3. I am a hypocrite.

8 vote(s)
    22.9%
  4. I like to whine a lot about things I am the reason for sucking.

5 vote(s)
    14.3%
  1. TheGM

TheGM The voice of reason

Aug 19, 2008
    Well, it's that bad and needs repeating.

• [Rad] [Rad] x 1
  2. ResetRPG

ResetRPG Hail Damn State

Dec 16, 2018
    Eh, in terms of immersion, I think it depends on the goal of the game really.

But I do agree that isometric games are awesome. In terms of games that I can get fully immersed it, it has lately been 4X, Grand Strategy, and RTS games. I haven't played as many CRPGs as I would like to.

• [Rad] [Rad] x 1
  3. Mr Fish

Mr Fish Painstakingly Based & Cringe

Sep 11, 2010
    Hey, guys, check this pic out: upload_2023-1-20_20-58-4.png

Square holes, round rounds for a double barreled shotgun and get this, the bullet tips are still on the rounds!

• [Rad] [Rad] x 1
  4. Iprovidelittlepianos

Iprovidelittlepianos Vault Dweller

May 12, 2020
    You forgot the terrible grammar

• [Rad] [Rad] x 1
  5. JunjiItosGio

JunjiItosGio Look, Ma! Two Heads!

Oct 29, 2020
    Not to mention it’s rifle ammo!! Lol!!!!

• [Rad] [Rad] x 1
  6. Gizmojunk

Gizmojunk Carbon Dated and Proud

Nov 26, 2007
    You would think that they would have either used different models for the spent shell casings, or would have made the bullet (tips) invisible when ejected; there are many methods, some of them used in FO3.

They should have learned a lesson from Halo 1, where the shell casings are known to have hippos stamped on them;
    of course their shell casings would be scrutinized.

shotshell_hippo_sm.jpg

Last edited: Jan 20, 2023
    • [Rad] [Rad] x 1
  7. TheGM

TheGM The voice of reason

Aug 19, 2008
    That's. . . the Most Bethesda shit, ever???

• [Rad] [Rad] x 1
  8. TorontoReign

TorontoReign ⛧卐⛧ Staff Member Moderator [REDACTED]

Apr 1, 2005
    Bethesda does not learn they rip off.

• [Rad] [Rad] x 1
  9. Morgan_

Morgan_ Duckerz

Jul 3, 2020
    A16FFF2E-A7D1-44E3-9016-36127195416A.gif

• [Rad] [Rad] x 1
  10. ENCLAVECOMMANDER

ENCLAVECOMMANDER Why isn't your video feed working?

Jun 27, 2009
    You'd think Bethesda would know to pay attention to detail given the high fidelity of modern triple-A games, which they happen to make. Maybe it'll be fixed or already has been fixed - the game's not even out yet, after all. I guess we'll see.

As for boycotting Starfield, well...

...considering this is how game boycotts almost always end, I can't take them very seriously. Maybe most people here at NMA are curmudgeonly enough to actually not play the game, but I suspect some will out of sheer curiosity.

• [Rad] [Rad] x 1
  11. JunjiItosGio

Oct 29, 2020
    We’re not calling for a boycott though, at least I don’t see anyone doing so. The poll on this thread is just a question, really. I think most people here could honestly care less what other people play. Personally I most likely will play a bit of Starfield out of curiosity, I did the same for Fallout 76. I don’t plan on buying it though, I’ll probably borrow it from my brother when he buys and beats it because he’s the casual gamer target audience Bethesda is going for and can’t wait for the game to come out. I’m the autistic one who analyzes a games writing, world building, designs, and shit like that.

• [Rad] [Rad] x 1
  12. JunjiItosGio

Oct 29, 2020
    Nowadays it’s honestly the opposite. The attention to detail in modern AAA games is usually exactly what I expect, rushed dogshit. A games budget is meaningless when the project is made with only money in mind and rushed to shelves. If I were a betting man, smaller studio indie games or fan projects is where I’d place my bets when it comes to quality or at the very least tangible passion when playing games.

• [Rad] [Rad] x 1
  13. ENCLAVECOMMANDER

ENCLAVECOMMANDER Why isn't your video feed working?

Jun 27, 2009
    You do have a point about passion. Though, Rockstar did manage to pack an incredible level of detail into Red Dead 2.

• [Rad] [Rad] x 2
  14. JunjiItosGio

Oct 29, 2020
    I have no idea what kind of peyote Rockstar was smoking when making Red Dead 2, but I completely agree, one of the best games I’ve played from an AAA studio in modern times that wasn’t just a playable movie.

• [Rad] [Rad] x 1
  15. william dempsey

william dempsey Veteran of the psychic wars. [REDACTED]

Jan 23, 2022
    I had no idea peyote was smoked. I know kippers are.

• [Rad] [Rad] x 1