Starfield

Are you going to be a Bethesdafag?

• Yes.

Votes: 4 7.0%
  • No.

Votes: 34 59.6%
  • I am a hypocrite.

Votes: 12 21.1%
  • I like to whine a lot about things I am the reason for sucking.

Votes: 7 12.3%

• Total voters
meanwhile.
why-do-the-characters-look-like-that-im-scared-v0-36u3zmaatqlb1.jpg
5A898F97-0C5A-4680-AD82-E7CB31A1B0BF.jpeg

The facial expressions are actually kinda accurate nudge nudge wink wink.

F3NIzdv.png

95% of the time /v/ is just kinda retarded, but I love the fact they are absolutely tearing this game a new one right now. kek

You can also visit the Apollo 11 landing site on the Earth's Moon, where the US flag is still standing and recognisable. In reality, the flag should be completely bleached white due to the Sun's UV radiation.

You'd have thought if you're making an immersive space game, you'd have done some research into how space works, but I guess that didn't fit into anywhere in Bethesda's 7 year long game development.

upload_2023-9-3_10-5-22.png

bethesda doesn't "hate your guts". That's just ragebait. You are putting a personality on a tool of finance capital
Nah, AAA companies do hate their playerbases, or else there wouldn't be so many predatory and disgusting types of monetization in full priced games or those games being released unfinished and have the playerbase basically do free beta testing.

Nah, AAA companies do hate their playerbases, or else there wouldn't be so many predatory and disgusting types of monetization in full priced games or those games being released unfinished and have the playerbase basically do free beta testing.

I don't think its companies hating their playerbases, its that at the end of the day they're in the market to make money. I admit its pretty douchey to stoop as low as some companies do but so long as there are shills who are ready to throw all of their money at the company, the company will keep on doing what it does best.

I don't know whether the post on 4chan was aiming the remark at developers or the actual companies the developers work for, but never-the-less, I doubt the developers themselves hate the playerbases; they probably want to make the game as best they can; they're just limited by the proceses and the direction that the company forces the game to go in.

You can also visit the Apollo 11 landing site on the Earth's Moon, where the US flag is still standing and recognisable. In reality, the flag should be completely bleached white due to the Sun's UV radiation.

You'd have thought if you're making an immersive space game, you'd have done some research into how space works, but I guess that didn't fit into anywhere in Bethesda's 7 year long game development.

View attachment 27640

Frankly if you wanna talk about silly lack of realism in this game the stupidest thing is Earth. It's I don't know how many years in the future and humans are able to land on and colonize every single planet out there, but there isn't a single living soul or construction of any kind on EARTH. Some random disaster thing struck Earth and instead of trying to preserve it or terraform it back humanity just went "nope let's just evacuate 20 billion people to Mars or something lol". Dumbest thing I have ever seen.

Why is Earth Sand now btw? Like, did they accidentally multiply sand in an infinite machine and it overspewed the planet with it or something?

I don't think its companies hating their playerbases, its that at the end of the day they're in the market to make money. I admit its pretty douchey to stoop as low as some companies do but so long as there are shills who are ready to throw all of their money at the company, the company will keep on doing what it does best.

I don't know whether the post on 4chan was aiming the remark at developers or the actual companies the developers work for, but never-the-less, I doubt the developers themselves hate the playerbases; they probably want to make the game as best they can; they're just limited by the proceses and the direction that the company forces the game to go in.

There's an actual moment at the ending of this presentation were Emil actually says that any criticism anyone directs at his work is pointless because Bethesda is still making loads of cash anyway. Make no mistake. These people think that the people who play their games are idiotic human cattle meant only to be milked for money. They have zero respect for their own playerbase and in many ways actively think of them with disdain.

Why is Earth Sand now btw? Like, did they accidentally multiply sand in an infinite machine and it overspewed the planet with it or something?

*selects brush tool* *selects sand texture* *resizes brush to max size* *paints the whole thing in one single stroke*
_Hey boss. Just got another planet done! Man ain't I the most productive employee at this company.

Apparently Earth's atmosphere slowly ceased to be in a period of 50 years and humans allied together under the "United Colonies" to evacuate and direct the exodus of the entire population of Earth to I'm assuming Alpha Centauri?

A89-F44-A5-3457-41-EF-87-C6-C7-EC9-A33-B208.jpg

The fuck did they do with the characters in the game?

When Bethesda said they were making a Sci-Fi space game, I wasn't expecting a direct rip off of the Autons from another popular Sci-Fi franchise: Doctor Who.

Back