Talking Heads

To DO LIST:

1. Implement Vic's lip syncing and voice over - DONE, not quite perfect, but playable. Would need adjustment in the future.

2. Finish Lenny - DONE. Finalized the head art concept. Good possibility of animated head vs static one.
m9omtkh33gs6e7xzg.jpg

3. Finish Goris - Concept eye blinking animation is done. Still debating on what kind of face, horn, eyes combo is best.

4. Finish Skynet - Have a concept done. Will be animated thanks to the head from now defunct FMF mod.
s4mottqiy9jotgqzg.jpg
5. Finish dog NPCs - only statics are planned at this time. As an extra treat, beloved Dogmeat will get new unique critter animations including kevlar armor ones. Thanks to Olympus 2207 mod.

6. Finish Miria - Do like F3 Buttercup for the role, but concept not finalized yet.

7. Finish Davin - just early ideas for now.

8. (Optional) Make TH for RP EPA companions

9. Implement new TH backgrounds for locations that could use them to enhance gameplay experience. - Few are done, more planned. Check out links I posted in this thread for samples.

10. Implement THs for various main non-companion NPCs. In particular, would like to spice up New Reno crime families.
- Metzger is DONE. (Thanks to Continuum, I believe)
9mJJS0M.png
- Miss Kitty is DONE
fahip5jg1ud73e7zg.jpg
- New Reno bosses are DONE (Salvatore was made by Jotisz, big thanks; Bishop was put together from one of the images I collected; Mordino uses Gizmo frms from FO1; Wright is a combo of Overseer and Butch frms.)
YCrXuJW.png

BUAkKNG.png

Kg604Vp.png

RYd2o94.png
- Lopan and Dragon are DONE. Iconic FO2 characters.
qaCh3Lf.png
AiZGBo3.png

Last edited:
Sounds pretty good, especially with New Reno. There's quite a few to work with there, if you wanted to.

Great work I think Lenny's head looks pretty good but maybe you could make him look more charred or burnt looking like his sprite does in Fallout 2. The half vault suit is a nice detail seeing as he was from a Vault.

Oh my Lord, that's just tremendous.

I never really thought about what Ms. K. looks like, but this feels right. The moment I saw your image, I was like :nod: and saying, yup, that's her.

Those heads are awesome but I guess you're not working on the project anymore? If so that's a real shame those heads look better than most of the official heads.

Since THs subject is resurrected, I'll post ~1,5 year old image for future generations, or to spam the thread even moar (hi hi hi).

ZSVJROM.png

Some day, you may see some shit I made in action... no, non above.

Those heads are awesome but I guess you're not working on the project anymore? If so that's a real shame those heads look better than most of the official heads.

I'm very...VERY Sorry if i noob'ed at such trivial thing but...
How to "connect" TH to a character?
I have head FRMs (bf1,2,3,translations to emotion and all like that.) have character (Goris in my case) but HOW i can use a TH with character?

@Kiryans5

Here is a short TH guide made by the modder named Lich

Talking Heads
These are Gadajace head or facial animation characters at certain points in the game when we talk with the relevant NPC eg. During a conversation with the village elder or shaman. The best solution was to make each NPC as TH (talking head). It would seem that there is a limit of talking heads in the game, but easily exceed it and take care of this already in August. The file Head.lst add the new ruler, such as Myron copy and give it a name Myrox . This file is located in the folder data / art / heads

[TD="width: 650"]reser
mrcus,3,3,3
myron,3,3,3
elder,3,3,3
lynet,3,3,3
hrld2,3,3,3
tndi2,3,3,3
power,2,2,2
sulik,3,3,3
presi,3,3,3
hakun,3,3,3
bosss,2,2,2
haku2,3,3,3 myrox,3,3,3 [/TD]

[TD="width: 650"]Now define the new head of headers, specifically in Define.h [/TD]

[TD="width: 650"]#define HEAD_MARCUS (1) // marcus - Party Member (found in Broken Hills)
#define HEAD_MYRON (2) // Myron - Party Member (found in New Reno)
#define HEAD_ELDER (3) // Elder - ( found in Arroyo)
#define HEAD_LYNETTE (4) // Lynette - fount in Vault City
#define HEAD_HAROLD (5) // HAROLD - found in Gecko
#define HEAD_TANDI (6) // Tandi - Leader of the NCR
#define HEAD_COM_OFFICER (7) // Com Officer in Gecko
#define HEAD_SULIK (8) // Sulik - Party Member (found in Klamath)
#define HEAD_PRESIDENT (9) // President of the Enclave
#define HEAD_HAKUNIN (10) // Hakunin - - Found in Arroyo
#define HEAD_BOSS (11)
#define HEAD_DYING_HAKUNIN (12) #define HEAD_MYROX (13) [/TD]

[TD="width: 650"]The number in parentheses is the order of the file head.lst Now copy all frm Myron and change their name, in this case it is a changing one letter N = X illustrations are divided into three categories-determining type of reaction:Good = Good = nazwaGF1, nazwaGF2, nazwaGF3 Neutral = Neutral = nazwaNF1, nazwaNF2, nazwaNF13 Evil = Bad = nazwaBF1, nazwaBF2, nazwaBF3 In practice you apply enough with only three illustrations, the neutral category: nazwaNF (1-3), in the end, and so will your NPC TH fixed, static pictures. In this way, it will take you less memory (about 1MB = 1TH) Open the script Ahelder.ssl who is the older village script is in the folder scripts / main in the mapper. Edit the contents of the dialogues, rather than slow ELDER enter MYROX

[/TD]

[TD="width: 650"]else if (GAME_TIME_IN_DAYS> TIME_LIMIT_3) then begin
start_gdialog (NAME, self_obj, 4, HEAD_MYROX, BACKGROUND_TENT)
gSay_Start,
call Node019;
gSay_End;
end_dialogue;
end[/TD]

[TD="width: 650"]Instead, you can also HEAD_MYROX simply enter the number under which it is defined, in this case = 13.
In the same way you can define new types of tla which is located behind the form or background. When you talk to the elderly in the village see Myron's face, but it is not Myron same game and a copy so you can change its wyglad.frm on dowonly another, in this way create quite a large number of new NPCs talking. I think that I gave for him to add to the game 10 TH quite new and maybe more.[/TD]

Last edited by a moderator:
Cassidy source files.

attachment.php

Note that you'll have to finish his head first:

- gaybrows,
- lips wrinkles,
- other shit-and-shits I have no will power to write about.

No, head isn't animated.

Do whatever you want with this, except including it in any commercial crap.

Case you wonder what source contain: mouse-clicked hi-res mesh - low-res by today's standards though.

sculpt.png

Attachments

• cassidy.png
    cassidy.png
    321.6 KB · Views: 7,754
Last edited:
Yankee source files.

attachment.php

Leather Jacket isn't finished.

This is second best TH in my inventory (just after Garl Death Hand). Been thinking to rename project to Kane (from Fallout), but long time ago I've lost intention to actually put any of them into the game. It was moar like fiddling around stuff to get Fallout-y style. Besides, when I started with scripting I realized how useless, and horribly inflexible "feature" they're.

yankee.png

Last edited:
That's pretty cool stuff. :cool: For some bizarre reason I can imagine Lenny with a waiter's uniform and little bow tie. My brain is weird, sometimes. :razz:

Holy shit these are amazing. It would be great to see them all in one easy to install mod!

I don't think the audio files are really needed at this point. Just the image is enough to add to the game.

Back