The Covenant: Definitive Dialogue Wheel Failure

FO4 also has your character greet people with ''Heeeyy'' if you're drunk, albeit that never lasts past the greeting.

See, even if they wanted to be lazy, they could've just have the character say that kind of stuff again and again if you play with low Intelligence, no matter what dialogue choice you picked.

It still makes sense in context because no faction leader or any non-companion for that matter ever listens to you. You could say "me no understand, buut me can du it" or "I'll do the job" and in relevance no one would care.

Then again, that wouldn't work if Bethesda didn't write so lazily in the first place.

To be absolutely fair, while stupid characters were funny, I always thought it was overdone. 4 int and you're a normal person, 3 and you're a caveman who cannot articulate a sentence? New Vegas made it kinda better because you just said some really stupid things sometimes.

FO4 also has your character greet people with ''Heeeyy'' if you're drunk, albeit that never lasts past the greeting.

But ya, SPECIAL stats not affecting dialog at all save for CHA is really bad. I had INT checks in one quest, the USS Constitution. Nothing outside of that, at all. Even Perks seem to absolutely never come up in conversations.
Yeah, but I think that was the point, it was overdone on purpose. It was especially good in Fallout 2 given that the PC is a tribal. It also had a direct impact on gameplay. You had to approach situations in an entirely different way.

Ok, this is just bad. And even worse than I expected now that we have a mod that shows the full dialogue. (not my pictures)

I am pretty sure that even without the dialogue wheel, there's still not much to salvage..

g0UtFZg.jpg

yPcC7X6.jpg

Svt4P6w.jpg

Last edited:
More like "Nuh-huh", "Nungh", "huh?" and "Nun-huh, un-nuh?". Even that might be too many choices and too much hard work for Bethesda.

I found one with these options (context is a lost BOS patrol who turned out to be all dead, and you're finished giving the Captain a final report):

1) How will the Brotherhood remember them?
2) That's all.
3) That's everything.
4) That's it.
Oh, wow... that's bad.

Anyways, can you play a low INT character in this game like in Fallout 1 & 2? I know you couldn't in 3.
Lol no. What you think this is? An RPG?

This is an MMORPG - you grind all day.

If you play Fallout 4 for 2 in-game years you will probably have killed on average several thousand raiders, mutants and beasts!
What are you talking about?

Don't you mean more like 150,000? :lol:
Ok, this is just bad. And even worse than I expected now that we have a mod that shows the full dialogue. (not my pictures)

I am pretty sure that even without the dialogue wheel, there's still not much to salvage..

g0UtFZg.jpg

yPcC7X6.jpg

Svt4P6w.jpg

Yes removing two words from one choice and putting the response in the dialogue choices two more times makes it two whole new responses! Wow that...that is really lazy and pathetic, I guess someone punching the keyboard had a brain fart.

After seeing those photographs above I really just want to say F*** Bethesda for this sh**.

This is officially worse than Dragon Age II in terms of dumbing down and selling out for children.

It's worse than Duke Nukem Forever, Dragon Age II, Mass Effect III. For me, it's the biggest dumbing down of a franchise I've ever seen.
RPG? Fuck that. Let's put a Freezing Flamer and Wood Board of Freezing in the game so Kid in the Fridge can kill raiders for awesomez lewtz!

Last edited:
Honestly, I just want a mod that makes it worse, to take the concept to really laughable levels.

"Hey, I need you to help me, plz fetch me a hot plate from the diner across the street"

1. Yes
2. Yes
3. Bugger Off. Yes.
4. Yes

Honestly, I just want a mod that makes it worse, to take the concept to really laughable levels.

"Hey, I need you to help me, plz fetch me a hot plate from the diner across the street"

1. Yes
2. Yes
3. Bugger Off. Yes.
4. Yes
It's already there.

80% (bad estimate) of the dialog in this game has no consequence or variety to it in the least bit. There are no skill/perk checks to speak of.

I had one with three options the other night. The top one was missing. I thought of a number of things that could be in that missing slot but then again, I put more thought into it than they did.

So the "USSS Constitution" quest has a point on it where you can use your Int to fix something (I think that's the literal only stat check on the entire game) but the Prompt lists it as "Repair (Int 5+) needed"..... How far in the development did they actually implement the new Stupid Special system into the game?

So the "USSS Constitution" quest has a point on it where you can use your Int to fix something (I think that's the literal only stat check on the entire game) but the Prompt lists it as "Repair (Int 5+) needed"..... How far in the development did they actually implement the new Stupid Special system into the game?

I think from the beginning, but then again it's so badly done perhaps at the end.

I do think Beth deserved an award. For art direction. Graphical fidelity aside, this game is mighty good looking. Everything from the weapons to the windmills to the cities... It just works.

It's a contender for GOTY, but we may have to look elsewhere. I still think MSGV deserves it more than TW3, but whatever.

I do think Beth deserved an award. For art direction. Graphical fidelity aside, this game is mighty good looking. Everything from the weapons to the windmills to the cities... It just works.

It's a contender for GOTY, but we may have to look elsewhere. I still think MSGV deserves it more than TW3, but whatever.
I think Bethesda's schtik of making pretty worlds that look good for modded screenshots has pretty much run its course and fans now want an actual Role Playing Game to go along with that.

The game looks good, the art direction team deserves credit, but Skyrim for me was the same - a pretty screenshot that shows how shallow it is once you start playing it and see how limited the dialogue is, how janky the animations are, etc.

There are people who spend hundreds of hours modding Skyrim with ENB mods and other things just to take pretty screenshots, and I really believe some of those people don't even play the game itself because the actual product is just shallow (if you disagree about Skyrim being shallow, apply the same idea to Fallout 4).

Back