The Guns and Ammo Thread

Well, I did it.
10mmNighthawk02.JPG

10mmNighthawk04.JPG

10mmNighthawk13a.jpg

10mmNighthawk14.JPG

Nighthawk 10mm Long Slide

Some of that is no doubt attributable to the longer barrel, but I must also begrudgingly give some of the credit to the Fast Fire. It still feels like more of a distraction than a help in use, but the results always surprise me.
As you know, I have a Beretta 87 Target, like yourself.
Whenever I put red dots on it, I kinda get carried away and tend to get sloppy. I lose track of the fundamentals.
I simply shoot a lot better without red dots on pistols.

(However, that's luckily not the case with rifles)

Also, Nighthawk Longslide in 10mm? Do I even dare to ask what that thing costs?

I say stick with a inside the waistband holster, I recommend Crossbreed holsters http://www.crossbreedholsters.com/. My current inside the waistband has been with me for over half a year and it doesn't even feel like I'm carrying it, I can also conceal very well with it(of course I'm using a 9mm Sccy so that could also be a factor). Only thing you have to worry about is breaking it in which might feel uncomfortable but once you break it in after a week or so of wearing it you're good to go. My father directed me to them of course since he's a gun nut and CCs himself and had me try his Crossbreed holster for his 9mm Beretta and I concealed it without issue.
Just a recommendation from me, you do pay a premium price for it which might put you off but from the things I did with mine it's doing really well.

That actually looks pretty great. Thanks. I'll be sure to get it as soon as I can spare the money.

It was pricey as birthday presents go. Just under $4,000 USD. Not the most expensive gun I've purchased, but it's definitely well within the top ten.

I hope it shoots as well as it looks. :)

For me, the mental barrier lies at 2500 euros. I can't bring to buy any weapon more expensive than that (with the exception of my accuracy international).

The good news for me is that it's mostly down-hill from here, in the few handguns I'd still like to own are all a lot cheaper. Here's a crappy shot of my 1911 family:
1911collection01.JPG

I'd like to pick up a Gen 3 Ed Brown Special Forces, and a Dan Wesson 10mm Valor V-Bob, but otherwise, I now have all the 1911s in all the configurations I'd like to own.

I'd like a nice Belgian Hi Power, preferably one of the Novak customs, but they are pricey and pretty rare on the used gun markets. I'd also pick up a Desert Eagle for the novelty value, if I ever came across one in the configuration and price I wanted to pay. Before they came out with the newest internally compensated model, they made a few with large external compensators. If you are going to have a ridiculously oversized stand-in for fading male testosterone levels, might as well go for broke.

Lets see what do I have

Norinco CQA .223 (with ati 6 sided 12" fore end on a 14.5" barrel)(an ar-15 for those that cant have norq's haha America)
Maverick 88 (Mossberg 500erized with the fore grip conversion and an ati 5 sided fore grip)
Russian sks 1951
Norinco sks
lee enfield no4mk1 sporterized unfortunately
and the newest that is currently in the mail
SAM 1911 thunderbolt.

@JohnnyEgo love that long slide, was looking at buying a long slide 1911 but I ended up with the one I got for free so no complaints

I'd also pick up a Desert Eagle for the novelty value, if I ever came across one in the configuration and price I wanted to pay.
I'd be more inclined to buy an HK Mk23 than a Desert Eagle. They're obviously not comparable caliber or use-wise, but the size is very similar.

Most people seem motivated by videogames & movies to buy the Mk23, but for me it's purely nostalgia. The Mk23 was the first .45ACP I ever shot and it was so easy to hit stuff with it that it felt like cheating.

The only thing stopping me from buying one is the fact I'm not allowed to own suppressors. So suddenly the Mk23 is slightly less attractive.

I never owned a gun myself, but I've handled some weapons.

I do own a compound bow, that is legal to hunt with in coutnries where bowhunting is legal, (not in sweden where i live unfortuantly)

I love Archery it feels incredible to be able to hit a target using a bow compared to a rifle in my opinion. I am not the best, but I can hit in a ''dinner plate'' area on my target.

I have used a .357 Magnum, which is a really fun pistol to use, and of the weapons I have used i think it's the most fun

I also shot with an AK5 during a millitary practice, And a wide range of hunting shotguns and hunting rifles

I have used a .357 Magnum, which is a really fun pistol to use, and of the weapons I have used i think it's the most fun
My brother owns one of those, hes took real good care of it especially for carrying it around and firing it at the firing range. Looks pretty much new.

My brother owns one of those, hes took real good care of it especially for carrying it around and firing it at the firing range. Looks pretty much new.
I really enjoy shooting it, And I have always loved revolvers, which makes it an even bigger plus for me :D

I really enjoy shooting it, And I have always loved revolvers, which makes it an even bigger plus for me :D
I remember my brother firing it one time when he forgot to wear ear protection first. That thing looks like it has some kick to it and it's loud as fuck.

I remember my brother firing it one time when he forgot to wear ear protection first. That thing looks like it has some kick to it and it's loud as fuck.
Yeah, but i kinda like it when there is a powerful kick, might not be useful, but it feels more powerful when firing it :D

Still I am going to take my hunters license soon enough so hopefully I'll get a wider range of hunting weapons and perhaps i'll buy my own revolver :D

Yeah, but i kinda like it when there is a powerful kick, might not be useful, but it feels more powerful when firing it :D
To me it means it's no joke and the person on the receiving end of one of those is pretty much fucked. Plus the upside of being intimidating when firing it. My father a couple weeks back was carrying his revolver while on a long bike ride and this rabid dog was chasing him down and while he missed the dog it served as a warning shot which scared the beast away.

perhaps i'll buy my own revolver :D
What kind are you planning on getting?

So glad you asked! I love to show off my "kids," but I'll stick to a few favorites.
143.jpg

"Ivan," M1895 Nagant revolver (seven shots!)

104.jpg

"Tweedledum" and "Tweedledee," Pietta reproduction 1851 Colt Navy revolvers

Dimitri.png

An action shot of "Dimitri," M44 Mosin Nagant carbine

099.jpg

"Atomic Annie," M65 280mm Atomic Cannon

...JK, JK! That's me on the cannon but it belongs to Fort Riley.

I have used a .357 Magnum, which is a really fun pistol to use
That's pretty vague. That's like saying "I own a pickup truck".
To me it means it's no joke and the person on the receiving end of one of those is pretty much fucked. Plus the upside of being intimidating when firing it.
Still, be aware that any handgun cartridge is far inferior to carbine & rifle cartridges.
099-jpg.4732

What? No Davy Crockett?

Still, be aware that any handgun cartridge is far inferior to carbine & rifle cartridges.
Absolutely, but handguns work when legally concealing in public places that you're allowed to do that. Even though my father was telling me something about people actually concealing rifles/carbines under their coats and shit, don't remember all the details.

Own a Bulgarian AK 74(haven't gotten into collecting all sorts of weapons like my father and many of you around in this thread but I think I'll get there eventually :P), the person I got it from had a wobbly beat up fold up stock on it so my father made one from scratch using some references to help him.

So glad you asked! I love to show off my "kids," but I'll stick to a few favorites.
View attachment 4729
"Ivan," M1895 Nagant revolver (seven shots!)

View attachment 4733
"Tweedledum" and "Tweedledee," Pietta reproduction 1851 Colt Navy revolvers

View attachment 4731
An action shot of "Dimitri," M44 Mosin Nagant carbine

View attachment 4732

Show off :P
JK wow those are nice, looks like you take good care of them too. Haha that shirt.

My father has a Mosin Nagant too, I hope to get a hold of one myself eventually. So you give your weapons names huh?

Last edited:

Haha! Nope, but every large piece of ordnance I see, I try to sit on and get a picture.

Show off :P
JK wow those are nice, looks like you take good care of them too. Haha that shirt.

My father has a Mosin Nagant too, I hope to get a hold of one myself eventually. So you give your weapons names huh?

Haha, yeah, who doesn't love show and tell? Thanks, I try to be a good curator of the things I own. The top two photos are actually probably 6 years old; I still have the guns but got rid of the hair and some weight since then. FPS Russia FTW! Nagant rifles aren't terribly expensive as rifles go; with some work they can be quite smooth and reasonably accurate.

The person who started this thread gave the names of his firearms and asked we do the same. I name everything, LOL. My car is Gertrude and my guitars are Eddie and The Red Menace.

Haha, yeah, who doesn't love show and tell? Thanks, I try to be a good curator of the things I own. The top two photos are actually probably 6 years old; I still have the guns but got rid of the hair and some weight since then. FPS Russia FTW! Nagant rifles aren't terribly expensive as rifles go; with some work they can be quite smooth and reasonably accurate.

The person who started this thread gave the names of his firearms and asked we do the same. I name everything, LOL. My car is Gertrude and my guitars are Eddie and The Red Menace.
Hmm I never though about giving the things like my firearms and my PC names. What gives you the inspiration to do that?

Do you get your weapons from gun shops, ordering online, etc? I would like to show off my weapons but my iPhone took a shit and I don't have a dedicated camera to do that with. I've been needing to clean my Sccy 9mm that's full of lint from carrying it around though.

Hmm I never though about giving the things like my firearms and my PC names. What gives you the inspiration to do that?

Do you get your weapons from gun shops, ordering online, etc? I would like to show off my weapons but my iPhone took a shit and I don't have a dedicated camera to do that with. I've been needing to clean my Sccy 9mm that's full of lint from carrying it around though.

I dunno, being female maybe. Most of my girl friends name everything. I am also probably more emotionally invested in the mechanical things I own than is healthy. Cars, guitars, guns, appliances--they're friends and I project personalities onto them.

I have acquired firearms at Bass Pro shops, gun shows, pawn shops, and through individual-to-individual sale. Hubby used to work at a gun shop so I know several FFLs who'll submit any necessary paperwork in exchange for a batch of cookies. :)

Would love to see your EDC when you get a camera going again!

Back