The Guns and Ammo Thread

Spent 7 years as an officer in the armed forces here in Norway so am familiar with several firearms from that period; now I just own a shotgun used for hunting (birds).

It is a licenced production line though so the name would not mean much I guess; the name is Lanber Gyttorp, but it also says Lanber Baron on the barrel so maybe that is the general name for it. 12/76 with 5 different chokes.

Am very happy with it so far.

DammitBoy said:
Interesting - I came to it through hunting and NRA rifle competitions as a young kid.

So, you just into evil black guns or do you have anything with wooden furniture on it?

You shoot competitions - what kind?

---

ps - You'll have to excuse the surly children and their many rules...

For the most part, my collection is EBR. I have an affinity for a few wood guns, and own a Winchester 1894, a Garand, and an 870 Express with wood furniture. One of these days, I'll probably spring for an M14, but every time I get ready to drop the coin, I see something evil and black that I like better.

As for the 870 Express, I'm currently waiting on my Form 1 so that I can chop it down to about 12" of barrel. I'm trying for the 50s & 60s style riot gun look. I've also got a Form 4 pending for a new Ops Inc 15th suppressor. So it will probably be a while until I can spring for anything new.

As for competition, I shoot IDPA and IPSC for pistol and revolver. I also belong to a defensive carbine club where we practice action shooting and the typical run & gun. Lot of military & LEO guys who come up with fun and interesting challenges.

JohnnyEgo said:
For the most part, my collection is EBR. I have an affinity for a few wood guns, and own a Winchester 1894, a Garand, and an 870 Express with wood furniture. One of these days, I'll probably spring for an M14, but every time I get ready to drop the coin, I see something evil and black that I like better.

As for the 870 Express, I'm currently waiting on my Form 1 so that I can chop it down to about 12" of barrel. I'm trying for the 50s & 60s style riot gun look. I've also got a Form 4 pending for a new Ops Inc 15th suppressor. So it will probably be a while until I can spring for anything new.

As for competition, I shoot IDPA and IPSC for pistol and revolver. I also belong to a defensive carbine club where we practice action shooting and the typical run & gun. Lot of military & LEO guys who come up with fun and interesting challenges.

Sounds great.

I have a M1A1 garand in .308 - that always leaves bruises. Love it though.

I've also got the prerequisite Winchester 1894, but in .45 longcolt with the john wayne stagecoach loop on the lever.

I shoot just about every week at our public range here, about 5 miles from the house and belong to the local gun shooting club. I also do a lot of hunting - mostly deer and wild boar, occassionally turkey and dove.

Most shots you take in the woods here are under 50 yards due to the brush, unless you're a jerk who hunts over planted fields - which I don't do.

here is a short list of my toys

Remmington 870 Wingmaster with aftermarket 16 inch barrel ( Home Defence?)

Ruger Mini-14

Keltec SU 16b1 (Love that fucking rifle. best $650 ever)

Browning 1911A2 w/aftermarket generation 3 tritinium sights. (Drill a squirrel at 25 yards.... at 2:30 in the morning...)

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KMSD9Q3zyqU&feature=related[/youtube]
This kid is a utter retard.

Muff said:
Ok enough with the bush bashing!! (sorry I couldn't help my self).

What can I say? He wants to amend our highest laws against me. I don't like people like that very much. I do respect his office though.

Right sorry you might not have got that it was a joke, Anglo - American humour incompatibility strikes again.

Just think about it an i am sure you will get it.

An I am sorry for my ignorance about current American political issues my last post was a joke an not meant to offend you in any way.

Hey now, this is supposed to be about guns damnit!

Now, for our resident gun experts...

Since this gun was never produced, is there anything along a similar line being developed?

And on another note, why is the US military so goddamn resistant to change that the G11 was never even really given a fair shot? I mean, I'm no gun expert, but even old military farts would've had to be impressed with the awesomeness of the G11.

Kyuu said:

Since this gun was never produced, is there anything along a similar line being developed?

And on another note, why is the US military so goddamn resistant to change that the G11 was never even really given a fair shot? I mean, I'm no gun expert, but even old military farts would've had to be impressed with the awesomeness of the G11.

Well, it is too expensive.

Fahrplan said:
Kyuu said:

Well, it is too expensive.

The M16 is also too expensive compared to the AKM. :P

military pays I'm guessing about two or three hundred for a gun. Ak they could pay 80 bucks. But this is America mate! We got the money! :lol:

Really, I wouldn't want an ak because I like being able to shoot stuff a long way away and I can clean my gun while I'm sitting in bunk waiting for my next assignment.

Question:
In the US Army, can you buy and use your own weapon on deployment?

I am no expert on the US army but if you can it would have to fit a specific set of requirements, I know however that some branches of the American armed forces have in recent years allowed people to customise there weapons by adding fore grips, scopes an anything that can fit on a accessory rail.

JohnnyEgo said:
Mikael Grizzly said:
The M16 is also too expensive compared to the AKM. :P

Until you need to make that shot at 600m...:P

Heh, true.

But when that guy on the other side of the wall just needs to die... The Ol' Russian is the man to call.

Back