The Guns and Ammo Thread

SuAside said:
but firing a handgun under water is moronic anyway, it'll only go a meter or so before the power is so small it no longer poses a threat.
Yes, but if you are followed by a person who has lost his arm because of you, then it is a good idea to bathe with your gun.

Kyuu said:
SuAside said:
but firing a handgun under water is moronic anyway, it'll only go a meter or so before the power is so small it no longer poses a threat.
Psh! The point is that it's cool, and obviously means Glocks are teh uber gunz!
Hhahaha! You jest! Glocks are the spawn of satan! Ok I've never actually shot a glock, but I was at a gun show last week and handled every glock(and every thing else) they had. The first glock I picked up, felt like I was holding a square metal bar in my hands. It was heavy and uncomfortable. Then I picked up a glock with an aftermarket grip then another with a slightly better grip. Still was heavy as a brick but felt decent in the hand. Also with no manual safety, I conclude that glocks are satan's bile.

Glocks were possibly the worst gun I handled that day. except for this mosin nagant with an awful grip design....

Weird... were the Russians having all these pitched, underwater gun battles going on I never knew about?

Hey, we(US) had a pistol that could be fired in space <,,< The Gyrojet ROCKET PISTOL! Vietnam tested, Army very much disapproved!

I'm having a hard time finding a good shoulder holster that will fit my pistol... I guess my guns not what you'd consider concealable. :o

Yes, but if you are followed by a person who has lost his arm because of you, then it is a good idea to bathe with your gun.

Don't be fucking stupid, nobody bathes with their gun. This is the 21st century... you shower with your firearm.

Re: Shoulder holster... what type of pistol are you trying to conceal?

Fobus, Uncle Mike's, Bianchi (I think that's the name, something similar either way), Galco, Blackhawk, Bladetech... all places that probably have some type of shoulder holster, off the top of my head.

Granted, I don't really know for sure, since I'm fat and there aren't any that fit me at all.

UncleDrax said:
Enfield No1 Mk3*.. stamped 1927, india manu.
now you've gone & done it... my favorite old war rifle (the right version too)...

you're going to have to post some pics of it or i'm going to loby for your removal from this forum on grounds of not appeasing the SuA-monster.

Photos didn't turn out as good as expected, and for some reason the flash really makes it look alot grimier and oily then it really is.
The flash really washed out the stamp too..

(this is using a friends borrowed P&S.. which I had no idea how to operate.. I'm used to dSLRs.. :/ )

http://img249.imageshack.us/img249/8422/smleno1mk301pk4.jpg

http://img249.imageshack.us/img249/4065/smleno1mk302ze0.jpg

I can honestly say I -love- the enfield action.. and the safety on it.. I can't stand the safty mechanism of my Yugo 48 (mauser clone), and of course the m44/mn91 I have just don't have safeties.

you werent kidding when you said it was beat up :)

that action could probably used some refinishing and the stock probably could use some refurbishing.

metalboss44 said:
I'm having a hard time finding a good shoulder holster that will fit my pistol... I guess my guns not what you'd consider concealable. :o

Go to a pawnshop - they usually have a box of holsters laying around. You can try several different brands out and get a holster for next to nothing...

Seeks said:

Don't be fucking stupid, nobody bathes with their gun. This is the 21st century... you shower with your firearm.

Re: Shoulder holster... what type of pistol are you trying to conceal?

Fobus, Uncle Mike's, Bianchi (I think that's the name, something similar either way), Galco, Blackhawk, Bladetech... all places that probably have some type of shoulder holster, off the top of my head.

Granted, I don't really know for sure, since I'm fat and there aren't any that fit me at all.

Ruger MK III. I know it's not made for self defense but it looks so damn cool. Hehe

BTW I'm actually not planning on carrying it around shopping or anything like that, I don't have a concealed weapons permit so I would most likely just wear it at the range...

DammitBoy said:
metalboss44 said:

Go to a pawnshop - they usually have a box of holsters laying around. You can try several different brands out and get a holster for next to nothing...

Thanks for the tip. I'll see if I can find any pawn shops around here. I found a pretty good quality shoulder holster from uncle mikes that seeks mentioned earlier but it's around 40 bucks, it would be cool to find one for under $20 though.

I cannot let this thread sink to the depths of the forum...

Okay, collection time:

Yugo Mauser in 8mm

German mauser (sporterized) in .338 Win Mag

Ruger 77 MkI in .300 Win Mag w/ Redfield Widefield scope

1886 Martini Henry with tree bone carving stock in 45-90

1898 Martini-Enfield in .303

Lee-Enfield No. 5 Mk I (jungle Carbine)

Kentucky Rifle .45 caliber, similar to this

Hawken in .50 caliber w/ adjustable double-set triggers, similar to this

Original Arisaka Type 44 Cavalry Rifle in 6.5 JAP with the chrysanthemum.

and that's it...

An 1851 Navy revolver will most likely be next, and maybe someday I'll get a Hawken carbine.

fallout ranger said:
German mauser (sporterized) in .338 Win Mag
euhm, that's either .300WinMag or .338 Lapua Magnum. as far as i know, there is no winchester magnum for the .338 calibre.

fallout ranger said:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/.338_Winchester_Magnum
i stand corrected.

i dont think this particular calibre has made it across the pound. never heard of it.

Now that is a tragedy, it's a mighty fine cartridge. I enjoy my Martinis the most though, they're just so fun to shoot, especially the 45-90.

I've been known to own a firearm or two in my time.

vltork.jpg

sigc.jpg

kgm006.jpg

I haven't been on this board long enough to know if it is bad form to post large pictures. If it is, I'll edit.

It's a custom build, like many ARs, in the sense that it's made of dozens of different components from dozens of manufacturers. I detailed it's construction on my website under VIS2 SBR if you want specifics.

In general, it's a registered short barrel rifle in 5.56. It has a Vltor VIS 2 integrated upper receiver and forearm, a Vltor Club foot stock, some PRI sights, and a Noveske brake.

It's shown with an EOTech holographic site and a 3x magnifier behind it.

It handles well in competition, but it's louder then hell. Sounds like a .308 with that short barrel.

Back