The Guns and Ammo Thread

For "Insert the Deity or Prophet of your choice"'s Sake! Please don't start all over again. This Thread is about Showing your guns or asking about gun "TYPES/MODELS" or just plain asking about gun knowledge. If you want to "Discuss" the merits and demerits of guns go open another thread please.

Since I am (And my family is) currently houseless with all my (our) stuff packed, waiting for the Key Handling of our new home, I cant show you pictures of the nice gun that is currently residing with my persona in our bloodline.

It is just an officier's side arm (9 milimeters, slim/barebones design of local manufacture)from my Grandfather, It seems there arent any pictures of the said model on the net so hopefully in 2 or 3 weeks I will be able to supply you with some decent pictures.

What is the most weird military side-arm you have seen? I can only remember a Russian 7 shot revolver with some really weird mechanichal system.

uIv3ggS-b9pGvYvVgHOiR-RPhvRMMoNE0256.jpg

I recently acquired this Ruger 10/22 international from gunbroker.com - ya gots to love teh internets.

I opted to buy it outright rather than wait for the auction to pan out. $325.00 later and it's mine!

Don't have any pics of my own yet, and it had some problems with the finish on the wood, so I decided to restain the stock.

I think it will look better with a red mahogany satin finish, after many, many hours of sanding.

i love stutzen stocks, but looks kinda silly on a 10/22.

maybe it looks better irl.

SuAside said:
i love stutzen stocks, but looks kinda silly on a 10/22.

maybe it looks better irl.

Looks better with a scope on it too. Love the 10/22 platform and shtutzen stocks - they stopped making this version a couple of years ago.

Kinda hard to find these days - except for walmart unloading a crapload of the laminated stock variety on the market, Yuck.

Hate that black and green laminated stock.

i was hoping to get a classic Sauer / Stutzen rifle, but sadly they're fucking hard to find in left handed.
and no, i'm not paying 2000 euros for a custom Stutzen rifle.

now, i'm right handed, but left dominant, so i prefer shooting left because it puts less strain on my eyes.

anyhow, i'll find one eventually, i'm in no rush.

He's right handed but Left eye dominate. not all that unusual. i know 3 people in my company that are like that... It's not uncommon, not the normal by any means, but not uncommon.

As promised to Daimyo a while back:

My Sig Sauer X-Five AL Field Grade. Basically it's a Sig Sauer X-Five, but with an aluminum alloy frame and without the extended magwell. It features the same heavy X-Five barrel, the same dual recoil spring,...

To the uneducated eye, it looks like a generic Sig Sauer P226 Two-Tone. I don't mind.

SigSauer_X-Five_AL_FieldGrade_01.jpg

(note the five shot test group at 25m :P )
SigSauer_X-Five_AL_FieldGrade_02.jpg

SigSauer_X-Five_AL_FieldGrade_03.jpg

SigSauer_X-Five_AL_FieldGrade_04.jpg

SigSauer_X-Five_AL_FieldGrade_05.jpg

SigSauer_X-Five_AL_FieldGrade_06.jpg

sorry for the smudged serials and the crapass photos. the camera sucks and the conditions were less than adequate to begin with.

That looks sweet, SuA!

Been a while since I had the chance to go to the firing range with a pistol or a revolver, but now I got that tingling feeling again :)

DammitBoy said:
I put 'sig sauer' in an online translator and it came out with, "really ghey"...

weird
lol and in what language would that be?

i suspect if you put it through a legit translator it'd come up with something like: "say sour"
Daimyo said:
That looks sweet, SuA!
well, doesn't look that great really, but it's a fucking mean shot. a tad top heavy though (due to the lightened lower frame).

SuAside said:
DammitBoy said:
I put 'sig sauer' in an online translator and it came out with, "really ghey"...

weird
lol and in what language would that be?

French, of course!

Just messing with you, I never met a gun I didn't like. I haven't decided what I'll be looking for at the gunshow in November.

I might just go without an agenda or a wish list and see what catches my fancy. The only thing that gets any interest from me right now in the pistol department is the Ruger Alaskan in 50ae.

Which is just plain silly. Nobody 'needs' a handcannon like that, but what the hay? It's not badly priced at $800 bucks.

Long gun-wise, might be trying to add to the WWII mauser collection, various countries have nice varients available right now. Especially the swedish mausers out there.

Been thinking about a reasonable over/under from Brazil or Turkey but I'm worried about quality issues and don't want to spend more than two weeks pay.

Still have my head wrapped around getting a Spanish Cetme, just looking for one with some nice furniture...

someone made a comment about Sellier & Bellot a while back. saying it had fliers and stuff. i said that wasn't true.

well, there was a guy at the range yesterday that was shooting up S&B in fast fire because it was crap ammo. it came in grey boxes marked with "premium".

and it was indeed shit compared to the other S&B i've shot. now, i presume that the S&B i shot before was actually military grade, whereas the grey boxes are probably shitty civi stuff, i don't know.

Goweigus said:
I know it isnt real
but it was still pretty cool
I have this
but you guys can go after it if you want
http://cgi.ebay.com/SVD-Dragunov-At...ryZ31687QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

I'm gonna have to sell this one for cash if I can ever hope to get enough for the real thing in the USA
get an Izhmash Tigr, change furniture and voilà! you now have a Dragunov.

Izhmash makes both the 'real' SVD and the Tigr, which is the civilian version of it. the only real difference is a slight difference in barrel length and lacking the bayonet lug.

Is it legal to be imported though? Because the US made some special exception for Dragunovs that there could only be a certain number of them in the US/ No more allowed in at a certain point?

Tigrs are legally imported into the US of A. they're configured as sporting firearms.

and i believe the 'exception' was simply to allow those who were already in the country at the time to be legal.

anyhow, if it's imported without 'evil' features, it's legal. no bayonet lug etc.

this is why americans can't buy real Kalashnikovs. they can only buy butchered civilian ("hunting") versions that have been reconfigured after being imported.
because pistol grips are EVIL! EEEVIL!

SuAside said:
because pistol grips are EVIL! EEEVIL!
Yeah, what's up with that whole no pistol grip thing anyway? Is there like, any kind of rationale behind that at all?

Back