The worst location in fallout 2?

That cave with the holes is a pain in the dick. Also I hate the old tanker.
I was kind of counting the Old Tanker as San Fransisco, but yeah 100% it is one of the worst, if not the worst.

I like the Tanker Vagrants, but the fact that it's the only way to get to the Enclave is extremely weak. It's like, every single run will end with "Go to the tanker, do their quests and go to the Enclave"

Especially since the quests are just "Go into a room filled with monsters and press a button" and "Go to the room with the Emperor, and also press a button"

That's not even mentioning the fact that it basically makes which side you pick between the Hubologists and the Shi extremely arbitrary. Like the premise of the Shi having this advanced bioengineering that they're solely interested in using for themselves, versus a malicious cult that wants to use it for some giant rocket they're using for would be fun(Were it, again, not for the 90s bullshit writing that reduces both of them to extended references).

But then in the end it doesn't matter at all. Who you side with in this conflict has no impact, outside of whether the Shi let you in willingly, or you have to break in. Either way, you're there for the exact same purpose: to funnel some biofuel into the tanker.

It just feels overall like the final part of the game has no purpose, because you're doing the exact same thing either way.

Could’ve sworn Fallout 2 renamed general reputation to karma, maybe I’m wrong
There is Karma in Fallout 2? It can be added and withdrawn. But it isn't called good/bad. Maybe that's what he meant?

e: For example I gained 3 karma for finding and returning Mr. Nixon to that child. You can also receive negative Karma from ripping the doll to pieces.

e2: Article about Karma in the different games.

Last edited:
Back