Things we learned from Fallout 4

Discussion in 'Fallout 4' started by Brahmin Noodles, Mar 26, 2016.

1. DirtyOldShoe

DirtyOldShoe Some kind of lucky

Dec 15, 2015
    And Diamond City.

• [Like] [Like] x 1
  2. olestra

olestra Look, Ma! Two Heads!

Mar 26, 2016
    Anyway, I'm being passive-aggressive. I just want the critique to be good, people have a lot to work with. I just don't care about the "everyone's bisexual" in the game thing. I don't think it's a problem. It isn't even everyone's canonically bisexual, it's everyone's bisexual if you go that road and effort wanting to know the character, which again the game plays like a diffuse sandbox game of possibilities would. Not everything is how it turns out, different outcomes open up. Do any of the characters actually express they are bisexual? Do you? No, that's your choice in the game. The companions are often considered one of the parts of the game that irritatingly tease you where the game could have been good, but I don't think the circumstances where clarity over sexual orientation makes a character more complete or interesting are actually that numerous, so I don't think that's an element of any of its failings. Am I any more interesting for sharing my sexuality on the forum, OR MY VEGANISM? People probably consider that tmi. There's ambiguous writing like this in other stuff and it in and of itself I don't think is the problem unless they were to be more specific about character's circumstances.

Some critiques here are so bad they're giving the game credit, and the game is material for very sustained solid critique. Not that critique isn't a compliment to something, but you're still investing effort when you make shit critique!

3. Brahmin Noodles

Brahmin Noodles Still Mildly Glowing

Mar 26, 2016
    99: At some point all Plasma weapons magically changed from using EC/MFC to previously unheard of "Plasma cartridges".

Last edited: Mar 28, 2016
  4. Brahmin Noodles

Mar 26, 2016
    Good point, but to be fair the thread this one is based on, "Things we learned from Fallout 3" was a decent amount nitpicking. The point of the thread is to have fun tearing apart every stupid part of this damn game.

5. Brahmin Noodles

Mar 26, 2016
    100: Having a name and/or being fated to have anything to do with the SS makes you immortal.

6. olestra

Mar 26, 2016
    101. From the recipe a "stimpak" is just a blood transfusion with antiseptic presumably part of it because you are injecting something, and you already have wounds to clean. (Though it isn't a complete medkit, just a loaded syringe.) I don't know how I feel about this. On the one hand it would totally be necessary for some of the ridiculous shit you survive and it does seem plausible blood components necessary for a blood transfusion could be condensed, especially in a world where we casually break laws of physics, and components can even be synthesised which might help streamline such a delivery method into um, a simple syringe--i guess? But neither seem to be what we are doing when making a "stimpak" and a stimpak wouldn't heal you, it would just be a necessary component in helping stabilise you and would be necessary so you could live and heal as best you can. Nothing mysterious is there accounting for the magic of whatever a stimpak does to accelerate healing, by self-administration, in a chaotic field setting--despite Curie saying it was an invention, like a miraculous advance.

7. olestra

Mar 26, 2016
    101 put potentially funnily: Stimpaks are just blood--and you are a vampire. Vampire: The Masquerade (Bloodlines) was a fucking good game, this is just the lead-up to a miraculous cross-over.

8. Willy Rogers

Willy Rogers Nothing better to do.

Jun 15, 2015
    102. Mister Handy is programmed with very advanced name recognition software! Unless your name is Frank and not Franke...

9. Brahmin Noodles

Mar 26, 2016
    102: Even a cliched, plot-hole ridden, POS story can be nominated for "Outstanding Achievement in Story" at the DICE Awards. (Seriously, WTF were the judges smoking? Toddy Boy wins a lifetime achievement award, and hell, FO4 straight up wins GOTY. Or more likely Bethesda bribed the fuck out of them.)

10. Willy Rogers

Willy Rogers Nothing better to do.

Jun 15, 2015
    They were obviously smoking cigars made from the Benji's Bethesda gave them in bribe money.

• [Like] [Like] x 1
  11. olestra

Mar 26, 2016
    103: The best ending where everyone stays alive is a CTD. Best experienced in the upcoming Survival Mode on your way to a bed attempting to save.

12. Brahmin Noodles

Mar 26, 2016
    104: Raiders, who are ordinary humans, can survive 20 bullets to the head and continue to fight!

13. Knight In Leather Armor

Knight In Leather Armor HATE CHILDREN

Feb 6, 2016
    105. Perks do nothing but help you on your endless quest to kill EVERYTHING in the Commonwealth.

• [Like] [Like] x 1
  14. Izak

Izak I Shot The ALBATROSS

Jan 29, 2016
    106. As the leader of a militia that aims to help the Commonwealth, you will commit genocide against all "Raider Scum" even though the Raiders make up like 9 tenths of the Commonwealth.

• [Like] [Like] x 2
  15. Brahmin Noodles

Mar 26, 2016
    107: Being agile makes bullets from automatic weapons hurt more

16. DirtyOldShoe

DirtyOldShoe Some kind of lucky

Dec 15, 2015
    I don't want to be a fun wrecker, but that was introduced via trait in the original fallouts :(

• [Like] [Like] x 3
  17. Brahmin Noodles

Mar 26, 2016
    Oh damn, you're right! :lol:

• [Like] [Like] x 1
  18. Brahmin Noodles

Mar 26, 2016
    108: You can cause a nuclear explosion by shooting a 200 year old piece of uranium
    -EDIT-
    Actually I guess we learned this from Fallout 3

19. Aperture Science XS 2000

Aperture Science XS 2000 First time out of the vault

Mar 28, 2016
    Fallout 1 and 2 also has stimpack working like that, so what?

Also..
    those fucking Animal whisperer perk, man. "For the sea kingdom" when you try to tame a mirelurk. Really? Do YOU FUCKING THINK a mirelurk understand human language when they killed the ones that tried in the other location about it? Do you really think a deathclaw would not eat a man the first second he saw him if not for intelligent deathclaw ?

20. Brahmin Noodles

Mar 26, 2016
    Ummmm...I'm pretty sure stimpaks weren't just blood in FO1 + 2.