Todd Howard suggests that they'll start on Fallout 5 soon

I remember when CT Phipps was a Fallout 4 enjoyer.

Weirdly enough, I think my hate for the game has all dried up.
It annoys the shit out of me, and while the story is dumb, I can at least appreciate the minimum effort they put into it. There is actually branching paths, but they forgot to add an ending to each path so the whole thing comes across as being a shallow repeat of New Vegas, just without what made that game so fun.

I guess in many regards, it's a huge step-up from F3 and Skyrim, but it's also a step down.
If anything, Starfield just proves that they aren't going to change any time soon.

If anything, Starfield just proves that they aren't going to change any time soon.
They have little incentive to. Skyrim's massive success, financially and critically, had to be further proof to them that their audience wants more of what that game was than anything else. It sold, and it kept selling on the remakes and rereleases to new platforms. People said "Quit releasing Skyrim" and they said, "If you don't want us to keep doing this then you ought to quit buying it."

I think the only time we see major change there is when a mainline TES or Fallout game really flops both critically and/or financially or if the people in charge of the overall design direction change hands. And Todd himself doesn't seem keen on retirement even after TES6. So don't expect a major shift for awhile I guess.

Wtf based

???

I remember when CT Phipps was a Fallout 4 enjoyer.

No, I always hated the story.

I felt it was also dumbed down in gameplay considerably.

The worldbuilding and NPCs are fine. I can find plenty of good things to say about the game and you'd have to be an utter loser on the internet to hate everything. I love Nuka World and Far Harbor for example.

The base game's story? No.

Fallout 3 and New Vegas were some of the best games of all time and it was just so much...less.

Last edited:
mfw fallout 5 gets announced

View attachment 28557
LOL EXACTLY! After all their blunders since 2018, with Starfield being the final nail in the coffin, Fallout 5 is officially DEAD ON ARRIVAL!
I have no hope, no faith in Bethesda whatsoever of ever bouncing back & getting better at creating GREAT & IMPROVED games. I mean, if they couldn't learn from the mistakes they made in the past, and only to do an even WORSE Job with an original, new IP. What makes you think they'll get any better in the future!?

THE ANSWER/SPOILERS: THEY WON'T!

So if they start on it soon, are we looking at 5-6 years before they release a beta and pretend it's a full release? I mean, I don't really care, just curious.

So many games to play these days, I wouldn't exactly be lining up to purchase.

So if they start on it soon, are we looking at 5-6 years before they release a beta and pretend it's a full release? I mean, I don't really care, just curious.

If they're JUST starting soon, with the modern gaming industry you're looking at 10-15 years actually.

NV took 18 months.

So probably around Season 2's release.
Is this a joke? NV is essentially a mod for Fallout 3. You’d be better off comparing how long it took to make Fallout 3 from start to finish, or how long it took to make Fallout 4. Not to mention there’s no way they release Fallout 5 before ES6. Elder Scrolls has always been more profitable for them.

Is this a joke? NV is essentially a mod for Fallout 3. You’d be better off comparing how long it took to make Fallout 3 from start to finish, or how long it took to make Fallout 4. Not to mention there’s no way they release Fallout 5 before ES6. Elder Scrolls has always been more profitable for them.

Is it?

Do you think they're going to be starting from scratch for this?

People are playing the next gen update of Fallout 4. Why not make the next game into an update for it?

NV took 18 months.

So probably around Season 2's release.

What he said. ^

Is it?

Do you think they're going to be starting from scratch for this?

People are playing the next gen update of Fallout 4. Why not make the next game into an update for it?

Bethesda didn't make Creation 2 just for Starfield. The next Fallout and Elder Scrolls are gonna be made on the new engine, and that takes a lot longer than 2008's Gamebryo.

The worldbuilding and NPCs are fine
Lmao? When people say Bethesda games gave good worldbuilding I really struggle to understand what they think worldbuilding is because they really haven't done good worldbuilding since morrowind

Lmao? When people say Bethesda games gave good worldbuilding I really struggle to understand what they think worldbuilding is because they really haven't done good worldbuilding since morrowind

Sure man, whatever.

My opinion is Fallout 3 is fantastic world and the Commonwealth is meh.

Fallout 3 has bad worldbuilding and that's facts my guy. I'd go over the infinite reasons as to why but I got work in 20 minutes

It's a world where people somehow survive without a reliable source of food and water in a complete hellhole and they did that for apparently 200 years. The headcanon people like to use to justify the shitty worldbuidling is that the capital was somehow hit harder by nukes, making you question why the fuck would anyone decide to live there in the first place if it was hit that much harder.

Fallout 3 has bad worldbuilding and that's facts my guy. I'd go over the infinite reasons as to why but I got work in 20 minutes

I mean you'd just be repeating yourself wouldn't you?

It's a world where people somehow survive without a reliable source of food and water in a complete hellhole and they did that for apparently 200 years. The headcanon people like to use to justify the shitty worldbuidling is that the capital was somehow hit harder by nukes, making you question why the fuck would anyone decide to live there in the first place if it was hit that much harder.

I assume people miss that most people don't live in the Capital Wasteland and you have to be fucking not paying attention to note that it isn't a place that has rebuilt itself like California or the Commonwealth. They live in the vault, a battleship on the coast, or a cistern around the megaton bomb. The goal is to GECK the place into being habitable so rebuilding can take place.

But no one actually wants to hear my opinion on the subject so who cares.

Last edited:
Maybe by worldbuilding they mean interesting and fun world map to explore?

Maybe by worldbuilding they mean interesting and fun world map to explore?

I mean in the emotions and feelings it invokes in the player as well as investment in the setting.

I care about what happens in the Capital Wasteland and Mojave.

I could not give less of a shit about what happens in the Commonwealth.

I can understand Bethesda shills, I remember, before playing New Vegas and Classics, I loved Fallout 3 and 4, never cared for storytelling or worldbuilding, just loved the games, still do, but while playing them my brain notices all those flaws along the way.

I mean in the emotions and feelings it invokes in the player as well as investment in the setting.

I care about what happens in the Capital Wasteland and Mojave.

I could not give less of a shit about what happens in the Commonwealth.
Oh well, I don't know about that, I would be on their side then, Fallout 3 world building is nonsensical

I assume people miss that most people don't live in the Capital Wasteland and you have to be fucking not paying attention to note that it isn't a place that has rebuilt itself like California or the Commonwealth. They live in the vault, a battleship on the coast, or a cistern around the megaton bomb. The goal is to GECK the place into being habitable so rebuilding can take place.
When people say the capital wasteland they mean the entire map of Fallout 3, not just the literal capital, dumbass. Now this is just goalpost moving because of the fact that claiming that it was harder by nukes makes no sense.

Doesn't change the fact that two hundred fucking years has passed and yet people have somehow survived in a place with no way to reliably get food and water. And only NOW someone decides that maybe a reliable source of water is important, making you question how people survived for so long. Do you know how long is 200 years? I can name all the major events that has happened to humanity in that time.

Your opinion doesn't matter because your opinion is fucking wrong, just concede that you're wrong. The worldbuilding of Fallout 3 makes no logical sense whatsoever. It's fine that you like exploring its world, but worldbuilding of Fallout 3 is factually badly made because Bethesda didn't care for it to make any logical sense, they just wanted a blown out wasteland.

The GECK is also not some magical bullshit that Fallout 3 seems to think it is, it's an agricultural starter kit. It's not something you use and the area is instantly hospitable.

Last edited:
Back