trollworkout FO3/NV mods - CB Custom Beginning & more

I'll upload the esm's today after work :ok:

BTW you know how bullet casings linger for a long time? Can you set it so expended Rock-it! Launcher items last a few hours real-time after they've been shot?
I can't find that setting in FO3edit so don't know how to change myself.

Have you considered adding meat to scorpions? After reading about it on the Net it turns out that the pincers contain quite a bit of meat and it tastes like crab, so the mirelurk meat model and stats would be good to copy for the data.
As the guy stated, "I guess scorpions are like crabs that don't like water."

Last edited:
I'm sorry you've been having a rough time. I sincerely hope things get better for you soon. Take care

{edit: Just an advisory note that with Explosives Expert Perk 2, the options to create those 2nd tier items (such as plasma mines/grenades) are not available at the work bench. I'll muck about in FO3edit and see if it's something within my limited ability to fix.

Changes made (to separate esm made at bottom of my load order):
  • Doubled projectile velocity for junk spears and thrown baseballs.
  • Added Tilt front/back to Gecko in attempt to stop them from getting stuck on landscape.
  • Changed value from 1 to 0 for CB50Script in attempt to reclaim the #2 hotkey.
}

Last edited:
Hope your situation has improved since last message.
I played FO4 as soon as it was released and finished it. Because it doesn't have a true 'hardcore mode' with food/water/sleep needs I got bored after I finished the main story missions (Brotherhood of Steel ending).
And the outright copying of Borderland's random weapons and enemies ...bores me. If I want that in a game I'll play Borderlands, not Fallout. And unfortunately the voice actor who portrays the main character is a crap actor. Anyhow, I'm back to playing CB deluxe.

Which version was the version to take heavy weapons away from raiders?
I've got the newest version on my laptop and the version where some raiders still have heavy weapons on the desktop.

the latest one to download removes all big weapons from raiders except that there are still specific raiders placed on the map which do not conform to defaul raider and have their own pre set weapons instead.

Hello again. Hope all is well :)
Minor note - I modified the GAIN SPECIALs a bit for my own game:

Gain Strength available Level 12
Gain Perception available Level 11
Gain Endurance available Level 10
Gain Charisma available Level 9
Gain Intelligence available Level 8
Gain Agility available Level 7
Gain Luck available Level 6

And on an off-topic side note, if you like the simulated realism of Hardcore Mode, give a look.

Sounds good. I m still here just afk on this project for a while haha. I wanna add the changed you mad back in including all the prices and this too. I like it.

im banned anyway for the stupidest reason. my mod and everything i done is legal and safe i got all perm. i got banned day 1 for trying to copy someone when i was starting to learn to mod. meh.
Hmmm.. That's unfortunate that happened. That isn't really a bad reason for banning someone from nexus though. I have my work on Nexus and have had a few people over the years taking credit for my mods and even were accepting paid donations when all my mods are free to the public. I've never wanted them banned though cuz I'm a nice guy. :-P Usually if they find other users taking credit for other peoples work without contacting the creator, they take that very seriously depending if the creator sent in a support ticket asking for the mod to be removed. They usually will remove the mod, but not outright ban the user. They will only ban users if they are accepting paid donations from other peoples work, trolling users or being rude to the moderators making threats and swearing at them. Whomever the mod creator was he must of been really pissed off lol

Good luck on your add-on/mod though. Looks nice my friend!
New Vegas all the way :ok:
Cheers,
-Trash

Last edited:
thanks Trash (feels bad in saying this)

I am still working on this sometimes. I often take big breaks then come back to it. I m a bit in limbo with life so for now I am not working on this. However, the other day I was checking out what I did last and it seems like I was merging elements from a mod called Alternate Wasteland Economy that adds brahmin pens for most settlements kinda how FO1/2 used to have. Seemed interesting. Maybe I can add mutfruit plant farms too outside certain settlements.

: ) Hope you all having a good holidaze and merry christmas / happy new years or happy hannukah or whatever you celebrate :)

Fallout 3 is interesting. Very old and buggy game but is quite nostalgic game much more like original FO1 game so is fun modding on it once in a while.

Thanks for sharing this mega-mod!
Just want to say I like it more than FWE.
But version 1.8 has some errors:
CustomBeginning.esp \ Ingestible \ 00015196 <Apple>
ReduceHunger=-20, but magnitude equal 30

CustomBeginning.esp \ Ingestible \ 0001519F <Pear>
ReduceHunger=-40, but magnitude equal 50

CustomBeginning.esp \ Ingestible \ 0002E376 <StrangeMeat>
ReduceHunger=-40, but magnitude equal 0

CustomBeginning.esp \ Ingestible \ 0003194A <SquirrelStew>
ReduceHunger=-100, but magnitude equal 150

CustomBeginning.esp \ Ingestible \ 0003404F <HumanFlesh>
ReduceHunger=-60, but magnitude equal 0

CustomBeginning.esp \ Ingestible \ 00034051 <BloodPack>
ReduceHunger=-20, but magnitude equal 0
ReduceThirst=-20, but magnitude equal 0

CustomBeginning.esp \ Ingestible \ 00049076 <MS05FinNukaPie>
ReduceTiredness=-120, but magnitude equal 0

CustomBeginning.esp \ Ingestible \ 0007E173 <StrangeMeatPie>
ReduceHunger=-40, but magnitude equal 0

CustomBeginning.esp \ Ingestible \ 00095F48 <MS05NukalurkMeat>
ReduceTiredness=-15, but magnitude equal 0

CustomBeginning.esp \ FormID List \ 00054396 <CrDeathClawList>
CrDeathClaw "Deathclaw" [CREA:0001CF9A] - two instances in list

CustomBeginning.esp \ Static - junk entries

Hey Trollworkout, hope all is well.
You mentioned in a previous post herebthat it's possible to disable the body size change.
How would I temporarily disable it?

Hey Trollworkout, hope all is well.
You mentioned in a previous post herebthat it's possible to disable the body size change.
How would I temporarily disable it?
David :)

You still playing Fallout 3 ?? You must really enjoy it so much.

Yes is possible.

First there should be a way to do it straight from the config terminal in the game. If you go to Springvale school on the second floor there is a computer you open the terminal and you will see something like CB Menu you should find the option there.

There is also another way to do it from console/code. There is a variable that turns it off. I can't remember off the top of my head but is something like CB00.settingMorph or CB00.settingBodyMorph etc.

You can find out what's actually called simply by opening the mod file using FO3Edit then in scripts look for CB00Script and search for settingXXXX there should be a comment beside it showing what it does.

One you figure it out then you type in the console something like
set CB00.settingXXXX to 0

I am sorry I haven't been updating the mod. I sometimes take breaks for a while then come back at it. Atm I'm focus on other things. I STILL don't have a job yet hah. I been living off savings and stuff ahhh. But I been working on making my own games using Godot Engine is pretty fun. You can find me on #godotengine IRC channel on irc.freenode.net feel free to drop by for a chat i'm mostly there.

Last edited:
Thanks for the guidance -- appreciated :)
Yes I am still playing Fallout 3 with Custom Beginnings Deluxe, plus a few other mods that add "survival simulation," and every HD texture pack there is. It is a *lot* of fun -- more fun than Fallout 4 as it currently is, and looks great!
Plus there are new lands to explore as well (added from mods of course).

I'll check out Godot Engine.
Have you ever used Unity? I hear that's a free one as well. They used it to make Wasteland 2 and The Long Dark

Haha. Fallout 3 :))

I have used Unity briefly. I am focusing on Godot because is opensource, multi platform and completely free.

Still enjoying the heck out of this mod :)
IM still here . I haven't been working on this for a long time :( So sorry! I am still trying to learn Godot Engine make my own games.
There are so many weapons I added that are not found in the game yet .
Did I add throwing? I was working so hard on throwing anims and stuff last time. I think there should be throwing knives, spears and axes but I don't know if they have been added yet

Yes, throwing weapons that you added are in the game :)
I feel sorry for the Raiders that are using them though because those weapons have very little damage, especially against armored characters ;)

IM still here . I haven't been working on this for a long time :( So sorry! I am still trying to learn Godot Engine make my own games.
There are so many weapons I added that are not found in the game yet .
Did I add throwing? I was working so hard on throwing anims and stuff last time. I think there should be throwing knives, spears and axes but I don't know if they have been added yet

Hello! Hope all is going well for you. I am doing okay. I've been playing CB Deluxe again. I just can't get into Fallout 4. It seems the solution to every single quest is "kill everyone" or "go from point A to point B and get item A then return to point A" but along the way there's 50 enemies that can't be avoided and must be killed. It seems like Borderlands wither better graphics.

Oops I got side tracked. I was wondering if you could tell me how to (in FO3edit) disable the #2 key from being reserved for swap ammo because I really need that as a Hotkey for items.
If you could tell me how to I would really appreciate it.

Take it easy :)

There's a script that limits the 2 key. I think is called CB??AmmoSwap quest that runs the script or something similar.

Back