Tyranny Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'General Gaming and Hardware Forum' started by Ragemage, Mar 16, 2016.

1. eissa

eissa Altáriel, Lady of Radiant Garland

Jan 7, 2016
    check the official map, honestly i dont really remember the map from pillars. here http://www.tyrannygame.com/world_map

2. vonVince

vonVince First time out of the vault

Jun 4, 2015
  3. eissa

Jan 7, 2016
    The major (or if not; the cosmological) plot point of pillars universe is Soul manipulation. Its remain to be seen if the archon itself is the extension of the power of the souls. Dunno, it just such a lazy writing for obsidian standard. Look at how bethesda trying to merge elder scroll and fallout...*sigh*

4. R.Graves

R.Graves Confirmed Retard

Apr 21, 2016
    And what is this... Anything? Does it have a name?

5. Crni Vuk

Crni Vuk M4A3 Oldfag oTO Orderite

Nov 25, 2008
    Oh boy ... are you dense or something? Anything that is against this overconsumption and the sheer waste of resources. I am not going to write a novell about it, as I already said, this is like asking why you should't become obese and naming some "alternative" to it. I am pretty sure if you think hard about it, you can find something. Be it ideas against global warming, pollution, needless waste of food and other resources. But this is all going way to off topic now.

6. R.Graves

Apr 21, 2016
    But you didn't suggest an alternative. You just said "anything" and then in this post you're asking me to think "hard enough" and I can find "something". This is telling me you have no acceptable alternative to capitalism in mind.

7. Dr Fallout

Dr Fallout Centurion

Aug 17, 2015
    I do, feudalism!

8. R.Graves

Apr 21, 2016
    Gross.

9. Dr Fallout

Dr Fallout Centurion

Aug 17, 2015
    But... but... muh knights...

10. eissa

Jan 7, 2016
    Perfect with knight! /s

• [Like] [Like] x 1
  11. Crni Vuk

Nov 25, 2008
    And that's why so many fucks are obese these days. Finding excuses so you don't have to move your ass. The point is, that to anyone with half a brain it should be obvious that this capistalist way, is one that leads to a direction that is not sustainable. The only alternative is a type of economy that's based on sustainability. And I don't specificy the methods or ways, because it should be as obvious like breathing you know. You could as well ask, what is the alternative to pollution? And my answer would be, well using nonpolluting methods?

12. R.Graves

Apr 21, 2016
    Will You shut up about obesity and pollution and name an alternative to capitalism that is sustainable as you say. Does it exist and if so maybe link an article about it so I can read it? I'm not antagonizing you I'm simply asking a question that you are going out of your way to not answer.

13. Crni Vuk

Nov 25, 2008
    I will give some slack, because you're here since 2016 and probably don't know who you're talking with. But you do know, that I can go on with this till the sun blows up, right? I still have to get to at least 40 000 posts.

But to be a bit more serious, why do I need to give you some article, when I say that we should try to not waste food for example? Because I always thought this is self-evident, you know? Or do you buy 20 pounds of chese, just to throw 90% of it away?

• [Like] [Like] x 1
  14. Dr Fallout

Dr Fallout Centurion

Aug 17, 2015
    Feudalism... I wonder, would a Feudalistic society where instead of nobility we have corporations work... oh no, that's just mega capitalism.

15. Crni Vuk

Nov 25, 2008
    You know, I always wondered how a technocracy would work, or a society where only scientists and engineers would be allowed to have political power and making decisions. We never had such societies so far.

16. Dr Fallout

Dr Fallout Centurion

Aug 17, 2015
    That... might... nah wouldn't work. It would fall apart due to massive tensions between 'intelligent' scientists and dumb-dumbs.

17. Crni Vuk

Nov 25, 2008
    Imagine if humanity evolved from creatures like bees or ants, like in Heinleins Starship Troopers with the Archanids. I wonder, if we would have never seen any wars. Or if each land mass had its own 'human' colonies. With a queen.

18. Dr Fallout

Dr Fallout Centurion

Aug 17, 2015
    Eesh, would not want that.

19. Crni Vuk

Nov 25, 2008
    You wouldn't know it, that's the good thing. You would be either a happy worker, soldier or drone, who knew nothing else but being a happy member of the hive, with a clear purpose!

• [Like] [Like] x 2
  20. eissa

Jan 7, 2016
    Hive mind, Collectivist! Individuality is a cancer, for greater good! /s

• [Like] [Like] x 1