War imminent with Russia

I am confused. Doesn't that mean that the Russian people there wanted Crimea to be Russian and not the actual Crimean people? :confused: Isn't it like many Spanish people would start living in Portugal and then wanted Portugal to become Spanish? Or Australian people start to live in New Zealand and then wanted New Zealand to become Australian? Etc.
I am not informed of what actually happened so I can't say anything about it, but saying it like you did sounds fishy :eyebrow:.
Large parts of the crimean people are russian, the rest are mostly ukrainian and crimean tatars.

Crimea was Russian territory once, so the demographics is not any surprise at all. Mother Russia giveth and now she taketh it back! This doesn't change the fact that annexation of Crimea preceded by invasion of Russian troops was act of war which has broke many international treaties, including the Budapestian memorandum signed by Russians themselves. Dirty move. If Crimean Russians really wanted to became part of great Russia again, they should have declared autonomy first and join the Russian federation after!

Crimea was Russian territory once, so the demographics is not any surprise at all. Mother Russia giveth and now she taketh it back! This doesn't change the fact that annexation of Crimea preceded by invasion of Russian troops was act of war which has broke many international treaties, including the Budapestian memorandum signed by Russians themselves. Dirty move. If Crimean Russians really wanted to became part of great Russia again, they should have declared autonomy first and join the Russian federation after!
Are you naive enough to expect the US, NATO or Ukraine let that happen?

Since Ukraine is not a NATO member, I don't see any reason why U.S. or NATO would have intervene in any way in order to prevent Crimea became autonomic. Ukrainian government, that's another story..

edit:
@Izak: That's fake autonomy, declared by Russian forces invading Crimea in February, 28. They've seized all Crimean administrative and cut off any Crimean Tatars - nothing but masquerade orchestrated by Moscow.

Since Ukraine is not a NATO member, I don't see any reason why U.S. or NATO would have intervene in any way in order to prevent Crimea became autonomic. Ukrainian government, that's another story..
Because that gives the Russian confidence, and acts as an insult to the US veneer of power?

Guys, even if Russia invaded Ukraine as whole, there is no way that anyone would have started a war over it. I know that this isn't what many like to hear, but that's the reality. I feel for all the people. But I just don't see ANYONE deploying troops against Russia and actually going into war for Ukraine.

I seem to recall Putin saying that if one foreign troop invaded Russia he would launch all of the Russian nukes.

Doubtfull. Russia hasn't been very agressive in the last 20-30 years. Not on the level of NATO and the US when you compare them directly. I would not even call Russia a global power at this point, more of a local player. So I am not sure why Putin would be more likely to use nuclear weapons when it doesn't help his cause in the slightest.

Just saying it seems like he would be the one to throw the first nuke out. I mean we wonder about Trump asking why he can't use them. Putin just says fuck it I will use them.

Nobody's stupid enough to deploy nukes in a war without exhausting every other option, especially if the US is a potential enemy. It's the principal behind Mutually Assured Destruction.

That's fake autonomy, declared by Russian forces invading Crimea in February, 28. They've seized all Crimean administrative and cut off any Crimean Tatars - nothing but masquerade orchestrated by Moscow.
You're right, yet the majority of the Crimean people, of all ethnicities are actually happy about it!

And that was founded out by WESTERN-funded polls.

Back