Wasteland 2 screenshot and tidbits

TheWesDude said:
then play WoW :P

had to be said

I find it funny how people mention WOW on this forum with regret or guilt. I'll just say right now... WOW is one of the most amazing gaming experiences ever. The only downside is the price. But if that's all you play, its WAYYYY worth it. Anyone on here who says WOW sucks either hasn't really played it, hasn't fully leveled or has not raided. I used to hate WOW too, but I swear to fucking Zeus... some of the most fun I ever had and I dislike most games ever made. Oh and usually people don't like it because its TOO complicated for their little brains to figure out. Character planning is a bitch huh? Not really a response to you but to others. :)

Oh, I love this screenshot btw..... No complaints.... keep working Inxile. Much love! :)

goffy59 said:
TheWesDude said:
then play WoW :P

had to be said

I find it funny how people mention WOW on this forum with regret or guilt. I'll just say right now... WOW is one of the most amazing gaming experiences ever. The only downside is the price. But if that's all you play, its WAYYYY worth it. Anyone on here who says WOW sucks either hasn't really played it, hasn't fully leveled or has not raided. I used to hate WOW too, but I swear to fucking Zeus... some of the most fun I ever had and I dislike most games ever made. Oh and usually people don't like it because its TOO complicated for their little brains to figure out. Character planning is a bitch huh? Not really a response to you but to others. :)

WOW being too complicated? Give me break.

goffy59 said:
Anyone on here who says WOW sucks either hasn't really played it, hasn't fully leveled or has not raided.
Done all of the above, still sucks as far as gameplay is concerned. Only the social aspect makes it worthwhile, and there are games where you can get good gameplay AND a social aspect, so.

Anyways, considering this screenshot is from a game they just started on, it looks great. Plastic-look is probably entirely from the lack of developed textures and effects.

goffy59 said:
Oh and usually people don't like it because its TOO complicated for their little brains to figure out. Character planning is a bitch huh?

don't really think that's it, since everyone and their grandma use the cookie cutter builds of the month without reflecting on why and how.

Sobboth said:
Yes, you can climb up ladders.

Yes, you can use cover.
:D
No time to waste on improving the graphics when so much must be made about the gameplay IMHO.
Exactly. I hope they keep using graphics from Unity Store. Instead of changig look of cactuses, ladders, christmas lights.... and other rubbish, they should add funny description. I guess there will be way to examine things.
"Typical cactus. For someone may look too cartoon, but you can feel his madmax soul."

.Pixote. said:
A Unity Store game, how inspiring. :roll:

I kinda feel the same way. That is my one big complaint so far. It disappointed me for some reason. Almost enough to warrant a sad face emoticon, but I won't jinx it.

TorontRayne said:
.Pixote. said:
A Unity Store game, how inspiring. :roll:

I kinda feel the same way. That is my one big complaint so far. It disappointed me for some reason. Almost enough to warrant a sad face emoticon, but I won't jinx it.

Well it should be said that the more they time they dont spend on making graphics, that time is spendt making story and awesome gameplay. Its as always a question of balance but I get the feeling that InXile is going for gameplay and story, which they should.

You'd think that these guys of all people should know that The Unity was a failure.

You've dug your own grave. Grave! Grave!

Man, man, man... some of you guys must be professional whiners 'cause otherwise I do not get it.

The screenshot looks fucking amazing. If this screenshot would have been posted as the first footage of Bethesda's Fallout 3, I would have been in heaven. Fuck the colours - as if the whole game will use the exact same palette. Sjesus.

I'm liking it. This could well become the true Fallout 3 game I've always wanted to play.

I don't especially like the screenshot. I just don't find it ugly.
Like a lot of us i would rather like a more "realistic" graphic style.
But seriously i don't give a fuck about a Unity store graphic game if the gameplay/stories/dialogues and other RPG parts are good.
And i expect W2 to be more "crazy" than fallout.
Like you know, a sequel of W1 should be
Just saying...

Ulrox said:
Yeah wow really isn't that complicated compared to pen and paper D&D for instance.

I'd say the hardest part of D&D is having the imagination for it. I find it more difficult as I get older to appreciate text based games. I used to play a game called Ikariam for awhile... mostly a text based game with a few dozen graphics. Maybe people here know how to play WOW and its easy for you guys... but most of the people who DISLIKE it have no idea how to even play it... they'd rather much play COD or some other piece of shit game. Give WOW the credit its due. I understand the pricing issue but come on, I don't see how some of you can just excuse the game and put it aside. There IS a reason people play it and raiding is unmatched by most games. Its nice to get together with 25+ people and work together with no fuck ups or wipes.

Back