What if Fallout "4"..

Makta

The DICKtator
Would actually be a remake of F1 or F2 but in FPS like F3 or NV. This would obviously add most of the areas and suck that where left out in F2 like the restoration mod fixed.
And why not a chance to join the enclave instead of fighting them seeing how you'r ancestor came from one of the vaults?

I used to be a hardcore F2 fan but the game really needs an update since the gameplay feels so outdated now and with some additions to the old games and maybe tone down on the references made in the original game seeing how most people hated it.

Thoughts?

Makta said:
I used to be a hardcore F2 fan but the game really needs an update since the gameplay feels so outdated now

hmmm.png

Walpknut said:
Then it wouldn't be Fallout 4, but Fallout 1 Remade.

Well.. It could happen during the events of Fallout 2 but from another point of view. Therefor "4"!

Surf Solar said:
Makta said:
I used to be a hardcore F2 fan but the game really needs an update since the gameplay feels so outdated now

hmmm.png

05d.jpg

Ok then. What exactly feels so "outdated" and is in dire need of an update in terms of gameplay?

Well, its obvious any game that isn't in 3D and real time is outdated and it shouldn't be allowed to stay like that.

Don't forget full-voiced! It doesn't matter if only 10 people provide the voices for over 200, so by the time you spend an hour in the game you can't stand listening to anyone, if a game's NPCs aren't fully voiced, then it's outdated!

Seriously though, some games do age, and some stay timeless. I'm sorry, but Fallout is timeless. Changing trends didn't make the game go from good to bad in any respect, they just showed us better framerates and higher definitions. Newer, different storytelling methods were done, some of which worked, many of which failed miserably; but the older methods didn't suddenly become invalid. In fact, the only real aspects of some games like Fallout that are truly "outdated" were its best facets: its boldness to not discriminate and provide consistent content without censoring itself. Well censorship is cool now, and we CAN'T be allowed to virtually harm virtual children, so games that let us do so are outdated, now...

If they made a FO1 remake, I would be on board with that, and I'd be interested to see how Bethesda handles material that SHOULD (theoretically) be impossible for them to fuck-up (unless they fail to grasp the concept of "remake"), and whether or not newer game mechanics indeed add to or take away from the game. I'd DEFINITELY prefer that to a "set further into the future" title where they have free reign to make more nonsense that contradicts more and more lore, simply because they're lacking in creative or original ideas.

you guys are projecting all your fallout frustrations and "casual gamer" stereotypes on this guy

i'm not sure myself what he means,but it doesn't look like what you imply,at least not in the sense you imply it

I'm sorry, but I don't see how snap has projected any frustrations or stereotypes on the OP. Walkaptnut's comment could be misconstrued as smart-ass, but I fail to see anything negative being projected here.

Snap is simply pointing out the timelessness of the origional FO games; they would be great redone, BUT they don't need to be, because they are still fun even compared to modern games. Nobody is being negative to the OP, I think they are just giving their opinions.

Myself, i wouldn't mind a rehashing of FO1 and 2 if done properly. That last point though, probably wouldn't happen, as I don't think most devs have the stones to do what FO1 and 2 brought to the table.

oh-god-no.jpg

Let the first two Fallouts stay the way they were, why spend time and money on refreshing old titles when new could be made? It's like seeing all those remakes of old sci-fi movies, what's the point?

The point being pure fun, of course. You seriously wouldn't want to see a 1st person FO1 or FO2 if done correctly? It's going to be a while before FO4 anyway, so why not, between FO games, offer a remake? It's like they did with MGS: Solid Snake for the gamecube, which sadly I missed, being a PS fangirl for years.

Still, I would be pissed off if FO4 was simply a remake of FO1 and FO2, because FO4, in theory, is supposed to be a new game.

I wouldn't mind seeing FO1 & 2 in 3D, but there's too much risk it would end up like 3 and NV with their simplified skills system and boring textures (and 10 actors for thousands of NPCs as already mentioned). Not that I don't like newer games, I just don't see the old ones this way.

Fallouts corpse has been raped enough already, let atleast the old titles stay and dont do shitty remakes. Dear god is nothing sacred?

FOvet said:
You seriously wouldn't want to see a 1st person FO1 or FO2 if done correctly?

No.

Mameluk said:
oh-god-no.jpg

Let the first two Fallouts stay the way they were, why spend time and money on refreshing old titles when new could be made? It's like seeing all those remakes of old sci-fi movies, what's the point?

The old Fallouts would still be there for the people wearing rose tinted glasses and still lives in the past. And seeing how every new Fallout is "Useless and shitty" according to the fanbase wouldn't a much needed upgrade be better? Especially since the original 2 games wherent "that good" without the awesome work from the community like the restoration project?

The biggest reason why i would like a remake or at least a game from "that time" is that i would love to actually see the towns. Example. Going trough the military base fighting of heavy armed mutants? Marching trough the oilrig. Fighting yourself into Sierra army depot?

Why not leave old games be like they are and instead of wasting resources on messing with already exists instead we just got new games?

Do you really think that CGI effects, Dance Scenes, and Making Greedo Shoot first improved the StarWars movies? we should go back and add cgi to Jason and the Argonauts, that handmade look is outdated and it needs to be done in CGI, we should just cgi everything. Imagine watching the fight against the Skeletons with all of them replaced by CGI models, it would be just great.

And I an still waiting for an explanation what exactly is so outdated in Fallouts gameplay.

Walpknut said:
Why not leave old games be like they are and instead of wasting resources on messing with already exists instead we just got new games?

Do you really think that CGI effects, Dance Scenes, and Making Greedo Shoot first improved the StarWars movies? we should go back and add cgi to Jason and the Argonauts, that handmade look is outdated and it needs to be done in CGI, we should just cgi everything. Imagine watching the fight against the Skeletons with all of them replaced by CGI models, it would be just great.

Seeing how the "Original" Fanbase thinkts that every game but the first one and "maybe" the second one is bad in one way or another and the slightest new thing will be crap no matter what.

And your logic about "Don't touch the old things!" is ruined by every modification to the ORIGINAL game/games.

Also! By reading trough the forums most of "you" wants the BOS/Enclave ETC gone from the game and focus more on the rebuilding instead of the original radiated wasteland? That sounds really fun...

Back