What if Fallout "4"..

Makta said:
Seeing how the "Original" Fanbase thinkts that every game but the first one and "maybe" the second one is bad in one way or another and the slightest new thing will be crap no matter what.

And your logic about "Don't touch the old things!" is ruined by every modification to the ORIGINAL game/games.

Also! By reading trough the forums most of "you" wants the BOS/Enclave ETC gone from the game and focus more on the rebuilding instead of the original radiated wasteland? That sounds really fun...

How is my "Logic" ruined? one thing is a FAN MADE MOD that restores cut content or makes their own game with the assets, and another is making the exact same game in another engine because apparently Turn Based should be buried forever and replaced with First Person.

Also, just to clarify, New Vegas is my favorite Fallout game.

Also! By reading trough the forums most of "you" wants the BOS/Enclave ETC gone from the game and focus more on the rebuilding instead of the original radiated wasteland? That sounds really fun...

You should learn one word. Logic.
BoS and Enclave in future games is unlogic.
Simple and obvious.

Also, actually F:NV/F3 is outdated because their system of character/fighting sucks, in comparing to old Fallouts.

That makes a lot of sense, actually. Because they ran off of a decade-old engine, you could say that FO3/NV were ideed "outdated". Meanwhile, at the time of their creation, FO1/2 were running off of a freshly-created game engine. It being a year old in FO2's case, obviously.

But yeah, you just need to come to grips that you're irrationally "hatin'", Makta. Do people here NOT like the original games without the mods? HARDLY! I personally LOVED the shit out of Fallout 2, by itself, with the official (bug-infested) patch ALONE, for almost 10 whole years. I finally gave the RP "a shot" in 2010 for the first time, despite knowing about it for at least 2 years, prior. I enjoy the RP, but I still love the game that it mods, by itself. Most users here, without a doubt, do too. We aren't being illogical or contradicting ourselves when we point out that the older Fallout games were better. Many of us also have solid reasons for why we dislike the newer games, not some shallow blanket reason such as BECAUSE they're newer. You're missing the point of the criticisms if you think we just can't accept the new.

On the other hand, some of you are a bit off-base. The old ARE classics, but it's not sacrilegious to remake them. The thing is, these aren't movies, these are video games. While HD re-releases of games like Shadow of the Colossus are great, we still have the option to play the original. While the new Resident Evil is a great remake of the original, you can still play the original. If the next FO game was a remake of FO1, you could still play FO1, whether or not the remake turned out to be utter shit. This is unlike Star Wars, for example, which has completely stopped production of original copies and only ever airs various versions of the updates, so the better, older versions are quite literally incredibly rare and difficult to get a hold of. FO1/2/T are amazing titles, and if Bethesda "remade" them without learning from ANY of their previous mistakes, and essentially gave us FO3 set in 1's location/timeline, that would indeed suck... But we'd still have the original to enjoy; it's not going anywhere.

Surf Solar said:
And I an still waiting for an explanation what exactly is so outdated in Fallouts gameplay.

Lets see where should i start?

Melee: Basicly you are slamming your hammer 1 way over and over in hope of getting a crit and sometimes "crits included here!" your target falls down! Facinating to do this over and over for the entire game!

Unarmed: Well well what do we have here? Special attacks!.. That you actually don't use because you can't use them when having a fist weapon equiped.. And even without it you will prolly use that strong punch/kick 99% of the game anyways.. Not repeatable at all!

Guns: Same thing here. Just click on the target and hope for a crit.. Or unless you are going with small guns then you can actually target certain parts!.. But you will allways aim for the head/eyes anyways!

Throw: This is really something!.. That you will never use? Really awesome that they put a combat skill in game that you can't use efficently at all.

Non combat things.

Companions: If you ever played with x companions then started a solo game you will never want to use them again.. Unless you need a pack mule. Not only do you have to talk to them.. Then enter a menu to tell them not to use than spear they had in their inventory but use the awesome gun they actually got? And now that you are done with that you can't just continue the game you actually have to "slowly" click back twice! At least new vegas fixed this really well compared to all the previous games.

Speech!
The same crappy speech checks that F3 had. Basicly it can still fail if you have the right ammount of speech and it it does just reload and try again.. But F2 actually had "1?" speech check that worked decently! And i'm obviously talking about Officer Jack in NCR! And that's it.

Map!.
Honnestly. Have you ever used the map? I can say that i never did since the map is useless and with the overview you get there is no need for it.

The world!
Going over a "map" and then enter a town without seeing anything of the surronding area feels really RP'ish. Who needs to see the world when you are thrown into the parts of the world where the next quest is?

Languorous_Maiar said:

Simple and obvious.

Also, actually F:NV/F3 is outdated because their system of character/fighting sucks, in comparing to old Fallouts.

Ahh yes. The BOS and Enclave just vanished from the face of the earth. And clicking twice with the mouse to kill someone is a "better" combat gameplay then actually having to aim whatever weapon you are using? I guess pong is your fauvorit sports game to since the new sport playstyles sucks so hard compared to the simple style of pong!

Walpknut said:
Makta said:
Seeing how the "Original" Fanbase thinkts that every game but the first one and "maybe" the second one is bad in one way or another and the slightest new thing will be crap no matter what.

And your logic about "Don't touch the old things!" is ruined by every modification to the ORIGINAL game/games.

How is my "Logic" ruined? one thing is a FAN MADE MOD that restores cut content or makes their own game with the assets, and another is making the exact same game in another engine because apparently Turn Based should be buried forever and replaced with First Person.

Also, just to clarify, New Vegas is my favorite Fallout game.

So you like the new game but you don't wanna explore the old games just like you can explore the new games since that would be bad?

On another note i'm not saying that this idea is the next comming of christ but it was an idea and the responce i got was just what i was complaining about earlier. "Oldschool" fans with rosetinted glasses saying "In my days everything was better than now!"
Worst part is that i've been with "you" guys since 2000 ish and when i came back to these forums i was sickened by how much you guys complain about every new thing since Fallout 2 and nowdays most of you even complain about that game to.

Makta said:
Surf Solar said:
And I an still waiting for an explanation what exactly is so outdated in Fallouts gameplay.

Lets see where should i start?

Melee: Basicly you are slamming your hammer 1 way over and over in hope of getting a crit and sometimes "crits included here!" your target falls down! Facinating to do this over and over for the entire game!

Unarmed: Well well what do we have here? Special attacks!.. That you actually don't use because you can't use them when having a fist weapon equiped.. And even without it you will prolly use that strong punch/kick 99% of the game anyways.. Not repeatable at all!

Guns: Same thing here. Just click on the target and hope for a crit.. Or unless you are going with small guns then you can actually target certain parts!.. But you will allways aim for the head/eyes anyways!

Throw: This is really something!.. That you will never use? Really awesome that they put a combat skill in game that you can't use efficently at all.

Non combat things.

Companions: If you ever played with x companions then started a solo game you will never want to use them again.. Unless you need a pack mule. Not only do you have to talk to them.. Then enter a menu to tell them not to use than spear they had in their inventory but use the awesome gun they actually got? And now that you are done with that you can't just continue the game you actually have to "slowly" click back twice! At least new vegas fixed this really well compared to all the previous games.

Speech!
The same crappy speech checks that F3 had. Basicly it can still fail if you have the right ammount of speech and it it does just reload and try again.. But F2 actually had "1?" speech check that worked decently! And i'm obviously talking about Officer Jack in NCR! And that's it.

Map!.
Honnestly. Have you ever used the map? I can say that i never did since the map is useless and with the overview you get there is no need for it.

The world!
Going over a "map" and then enter a town without seeing anything of the surronding area feels really RP'ish. Who needs to see the world when you are thrown into the parts of the world where the next quest is?

Languorous_Maiar said:

Simple and obvious.

Ahh yes. The BOS and Enclave just vanished from the face of the earth. And clicking twice with the mouse to kill someone is a "better" combat gameplay then actually having to aim whatever weapon you are using? I guess pong is your fauvorit sports game to since the new sport playstyles sucks so hard compared to the simple style of pong!

You really don't comprehend the diference between game genres? you have never been introduced to the idea of Turn Based? or played a tabletop rpg?
Also
As opposed to move the mouse and click on your target until it dies?
[/quote]
Makta said:
So you like the new game but you don't wanna explore the old games just like you can explore the new games since that would be bad?

Noup, the older games have a different focus and different SCALE than the newer ones. Variety is the spice of life. Just ebcause I like a game more than other I don't feel like EVERY game has to be like it. Remakes are completely unnecesary.

SotC HD rerelease is a RE-RELEASE just modified to play better on HD tvs. It is not an FPS version of SotC because the whole Climbing and Stamina management is outdated. And REmake expanded upon the mechanics of the original one, it didn't change the gameplay to make it a racer game or something.

Just because it is turn based doesn't mean you can't add simple things things like that. And yes i have been playing quite a lot of turn based games and most of them still works after all these years but F1 and 2 feels way to clunky and outdated.

And you are basicly saying that you can do as little in 3d as you can in 2d?

I'm not saying it should be like other games i'm saying a remake with more options and fixing the flaws that came with the old games could be a good thing! And several remakes have been proven quite good like the Resident Evil 1 remake for nintentos gamecube.

And lastly think about the ammount of new/semi new people this would atract to the game? A remake of "the best" RPG of it's time?

Where i'm seeing positive things you manage to only see negative things.

Then the obvious question, why don't just make a new game instead of rehashing an old one?

Walpknut said:
Then the obvious question, why don't just make a new game instead of rehashing an old one?

Because as i said before. Most people wants the timeline to go on and a Fallout without all the things that made Fallout what it is would not be so great. Sure you could make a game happening around the time of F1-F2 but then they might just step on the lore and people would complain as usual.

So for the timeline to go on, they should remake a game that tells events that were already told?

Walpknut said:
So for the timeline to go on, they should remake a game that tells events that were already told?[/quote

Unless my memory serves me wrong there is a lot of things mentioned in lore but wassn't in the game. And when we are at it they could allways add locations to visit from the prev game? Maybe it's just me but i did like the glow and the boneyard etc.

Wow....I love the old original FO games, without mods. The RP and megamod both make FO2 much more fun, but the originals are still great. Also, I don't find FO2s combat clunky at all.

This being said, I would NOT be against a remake like Walkpnut. Actually, I don't mean to be an ass, but Walkpnut, you seem to be against any change whatsoever. I love the TB combat in FO2--doesn't mean I don't think that 1st person couldn't be nearly as good.

And just because something is unecessary doesn't mean we shouldn't try it. By that logic, we would still be living in the stone age. TV isn't necessary, neither are video games and electricity--this doesn't mean we shouldn't have invented them.

Besides, as Snap pointed out, the originals are still there if/when you want to play them. So I don't see what the big deal is, changing things up a bit and remaking the first two; come on, give things a fair shake, as 3-dog might say.

I am all about change... that's why I am opposed to the idea of REMAKING a game. Why would you go and change what already exists instead of learning from it and expand upon that in a new installement? Anyways, Bethesda would probably never do this... I hope they never do it.

Wild idea: what if they actually made a 3D game in the world of first two Fallouts, but set it a few years after Enclave's destruction on the West Coast? This way player could visit New Arroyo, see NCR's expansion and wars with BoS and Navarro, work for Chosen One's child who (as NV indicated) would grow as a mafia boss, if not the sovereign, of New Reno and so on. Add the joint map of entire California and voila. I think that would make a pretty decent game and it would still be a better idea than polishing up first two titles.

I would prefer to visit another region during the time of FO1, The USA isn't just California, DC and the Mojave. New Factions and details about life in other regions during the Apocalypse.

Don't missunderstand, Walp. I want to see new FO games too--but in between games, I don't think it would hurt to remake the older ones. But the key is *so long as they don't screw it up* which is expecting a lot from Bethesda, I think. I love FO3, but I CAN see it's flaws. New Vegas was much better, and now I know why--Obsidion was involved with that one, according to what I've read. A remake would be much better by them, but even NV wasn't without its flaws.

Like I said though, in between 'main' fallout games, as long as they still work on those too, I don't see the problem in remakin the older games.

As someone who got into the series through fallout 3 and hasn't played the originals I would like to see them updated and re released on consoles

Yeah yeah I know I'm a noob flame away

FOvet said:
Don't missunderstand, Walp. I want to see new FO games too--but in between games, I don't think it would hurt to remake the older ones. But the key is *so long as they don't screw it up* which is expecting a lot from Bethesda, I think. I love FO3, but I CAN see it's flaws. New Vegas was much better, and now I know why--Obsidion was involved with that one, according to what I've read. A remake would be much better by them, but even NV wasn't without its flaws.

Like I said though, in between 'main' fallout games, as long as they still work on those too, I don't see the problem in remakin the older games.

There's no reason they couldn't farm out FO1 and 2 remakes to Obsidian while they work on the new games

Beavis said:
As someone who got into the series through fallout 3 and hasn't played the originals I would like to see them updated and re released on consoles

I bolded the only true reason for flame..! :evil:

Makta said:
Beavis said:

I bolded the only true reason for flame..! :evil:

I figured that would do it lol, but a good gaming PC is out of my budget for the forseeable future I gotta roll with the xbox for now

Back