What if X made Fallout Y?

I would totally play a Civ/Alpha Centauri-styled post-apocalyptic grand strategy game.

Weren't both of those almost done a long time ago? What are the chances that they'll be finished?

Since FO3 is obviously a start for the "Bethesda PA Cash Cow", where do you see the next one to be set?

Bioware, if I don't want to take risks.

Having played their games I know their quality is consistent if not great.

If they implement the great camera work and voice acting they showed in "Mass Effect" it will be a decent experience as far as dialogues go.
I expect them to greatly tone down the original concept and make it a 'PG' game. Although the label will say 'M'.
A linear game.
no sex, no freedom, but killing people is ok as usual.
Putting the protagonist in a military faction will help hiding the disadventages. BOS or Enclave. But I would prefer starting as a caravan worker, would be nice traveling to different places and barter goods, guarding at night, campfires, hearing stories.... seems I'm getting out of the subject X)

But my original choice would be Troika.

Pope Viper said:
Since FO3 is obviously a start for the "Bethesda PA Cash Cow", where do you see the next one to be set?

Well they will probably keep it on the East Coast, which they claim they know best, so perhaps they move it up North, New York and such or perhaps down.

I'll go with Trip Hawkins' Electronic Arts (1982-1991).

I know, I know: They were publishers mostly, but man, they cherry-picked some amazing games to publish back then and gave studios like Interplay and Bullfrog some of their best titles.

Seven Cities of Gold, Archon, Bard's Tale, Wasteland.

Rockstar Games GTA: New Reno
Drive around with the fallout car picking up hookers and shooting drug dealers or mafiosis per drive by with your thommy gun while screaming "wasteland 4 lyfe" out of the window.

Blizzard: Fallout 3
Iso-view, improved turnbased-combat, multiply paths quest solving, nonlinear gameplay, death animations, awesome cinematics for different endings, choices and consequences. etc... The only real disadvantage: World of Warcraft - like graphics and questgivers with exclamation marks above their head.

InXile...

Bioware makes a fun game, but they'd do terrible things to Fallout. Fallout: A Sci-Fi Linear no-playing game.

Valve software.

The modern one.

At the very least, they'd make a game that has it's mind made up.

Brother None said:
Obsidian.

Yes. Mask of the Betrayer indicates they have the sense of style and maturity required. But do they have the balls? I doubt it, but they're still the best bet.

Just to throw it out there, it would be fun to see a Fallout spinoff made by CAPCOM. Imagine RE with ghouls and muties instead of zombies, in a PA universe!

Other than that, Troika was the only company who could pull off a decent PA RPG, but alas, it's not gonna happen =(

Capcom now? Have you seen RE4 or the up coming 5? Can I call that a FPS wanna be? Capcom wants to make action games, not RPGs, at least nothing off the top of my head.

I don't know. If we can pull people from history, sure, the original brigade would have be great, but that's too obvious. I'll have to think about it.

Haha, it's strange reading this thread as Bethesda are my favourite company by miles ever since Morrowind.

I hope they keep the franchise and make Fallout 4 - perhaps being a bit more careful with the plot and spending more time ironing out the quests. Of course, if they make a new engine then I'd really want seamless environments.

Fallout 4 made by EA: not available for PC, no GECK utilities, poor gameplay and a bad storylines.

Fallout 4 made by Ubisoft: How to rearsh every tool made for Splinter Cell and Prince of Persia (look at Assassins Creed)

Fallout 4 made by Squaresoft: Every Character looks like a 12 year old... not sure if it's a guy or a gal...

Fallout 4 made by Interplay: Gather your bottle caps, it trully is the end of the world!

In all seriousness I am happy Bethsoft will make the next Fallout (no way they stop now). Of course they did some mistakes but I was happy to have a real time 3d post apocalyptic world to explore and considering the setting I think they did a fine job making it interesting. Now with this game, the feedback, the DLC and all the mods that'll come out they should get sufficient information to make an ever better game next time around. The only thing they really, really desperately need for the next game is a team of solid writers for storyline/dialogs.

I wouldn't trust Obsidian to make a good Fallout game, at least not right now... as mapex saud, I think they would be pushed around to make a game that some "suit" wanted.

KOTOR 2 was "meh", NWN 2 looks kinda "meh" (and, from what I hear, it is "meh"). Maybr they are working on some truly great stuff in the future that will show they are more than "meh"?

Fallout 4 made by Ubisoft: How to rearsh every tool made for Splinter Cell and Prince of Persia (look at Assassins Creed)

Ubisoft also released Heroes of Might & Magic V (made by Nival), which is more faithful to the series than IV was.

Back