What was the Funniest Argument You've had with a Bethesda Apologist?

(Paraphrasing)
Guy 1: Fallout 4 was an awesome game and kicked ass, no matter what the haters think

Me: That is just your opinion. Some people will disagree with you. I for one thought it was awful.

Guy 2: Fallout 4 was objectively a good game, there is nothing that makes it objectively awful.

Me: You clearly don't understand what objectively means. That is your subjective opinion

Guy 2: It's not an opinion, because critics loved it and it won several awards. You don't decide what's objectively a good game, a game is objectively good from what the professionals say.

(Paraphrasing)
Guy 1: Fallout 4 was an awesome game and kicked ass, no matter what the haters think

Me: That is just your opinion. Some people will disagree with you. I for one thought it was awful.

Guy 2: Fallout 4 was objectively a good game, there is nothing that makes it objectively awful.

Me: You clearly don't understand what objectively means. That is your subjective opinion

Guy 2: It's not an opinion, because critics loved it and it won several awards. You don't decide what's objectively a good game, a game is objectively good from what the professionals say.
The professionals are always right. Weren't you aware?

I'm just a professional.

maxresdefault.jpg

(Paraphrasing)

Geez that hurts to read.

Imaine if idiocy would literaly hurt. Some people would be runing around screaming all the damn time.

Some of these arguments remind of a saying. "I won't insult your intelligence by pretending you actually believe what you just said."

Last edited:
It's not an argument I'm having(because I don't really want to engage this person directly and I'm sure they have me blocked anyway) but this seems like it can double as the "stupid shit Bethesda/New Fallout fans say" thread. So here's two real winners from one of the most delusional people I've ever seen.

"
A very vocal minority like NV and only NV and will give no other version of Fallout any credence because it is not a 2G Platformer that was out of date when it was made.

If you are so sure that NV is so much more popular than either F3 or F4, prove it. Either of those games have outsold NV multiple times over. Bethesda is still in business and going gangbusters with whatever the release. Obsidian is so pathetic that even Disney won't hire them to support one of it's minor gaming efforts and they have to use kick-starter to get funding for a game that turned out to suck anyway.

Don't get me wrong. I love NV. I still play NV. But it is not a Fallout Game (regardless of it's closeness to F1 & F2 in narrative, but, obviously not in design or execution). It is simply an RP game. That's it. The story makes no sense and is completely non-motivational. The DLC's were, on the whole, while entertaining in most cases, pointless, short and meaningless int he context of the main game and the mechanics were needlessly convoluted, complicated and difficult to use.

NV is nothing more than an opportunity for anyone to go in to a game and live a life. That's it. It's No Man's Sky set in the desert, only you're not building anything except useless bullets, or collecting anything that has any use anywhere in the game except to sell. Oh, and let's not forget the endless frustrations of never being able to do anything w/out the correct "perks". Example: Don't even think about trying to make sure that the town doesn't get overrun and taken over by feral prisoners/gangs, if your explosive skills aren't high enough to convince some old coot to contribute or your speech/charisma isn't high enough to convince somebody who's going to die if they don't help their fellow citizens, or fixing some dumb-f*** radio because your repair is high enough in order to convince some dumb bimbo to help... Oh! And you can't do all of them (or combo of them) if you still want to be able to wield you gun or make your useless ammo or hit something appropriately or repair your items or be able to heal yourself or... And it goes on and on and on and that's only in the first hour of the game!

And it just goes on and on and on with moron NPCs and factions that immediately want to destroy you because you didn't want to assist them murdering someone else or that you (and, apparently you alone) are only capable of killing some giant ants to clear a road despite the fact that you are helping a military faction that has better guns, ammo and armor than you.

Stupid, just stupid."

"Yes. NV is like No Man's Sky as it has no point and is simply about the micromanaging of resources and skills sets. That is it.

And NV IS NOT A FALLOUT GAME in any sense of the word. It has nothing to do with anything in CURRENT Fallout. I did say that it was fine if compared to antiquated F1 or F2 games and had a similar feel, but, as a Fallout it game it failed miserably.

I do not understand why you NVers insist that it is perfectly fine to have a game with no point that is all about the micro-managing of skills and skill-sets yet complain endlessly about having to do the same thing in F4 and it's settlement building.

If you love NV then fine, but do not try to confuse an RP opportunity with a lousy story, boring DLCs and endless "skill-checks" and micro-managed skills-sets, boring NPCs and rehashes of just the same old s*** that has and will be explored over and over and over again made by a failure of a company that has never had a unique or creative idea, that specializes in remaking (poorly) other peoples games, only to fail repeatedly, who has been ostracized by so much of the game producing community because of their failures and who have to rely on the financing of suckers that contribute to their campaigns for games that are doomed to failure.

FALLOUT : NEW VEGAS is over. Obsidian will NEVER make another Fallout game. Obsidian will never make a successful game that is not based on somebody else's ideas. Obsidian does not even have most of the people who worked on NV working for them anymore.

Go play your game and stop comparing the betters to the trash put out to satisfy the shallow desires of shallow gamers who can't move in to a new century, generation and methodology of gaming."

It's not an argument I'm having(because I don't really want to engage this person directly and I'm sure they have me blocked anyway) but this seems like it can double as the "stupid shit Bethesda/New Fallout fans say" thread. So here's two real winners from one of the most delusional people I've ever seen.

"
A very vocal minority like NV and only NV and will give no other version of Fallout any credence because it is not a 2G Platformer that was out of date when it was made.

If you are so sure that NV is so much more popular than either F3 or F4, prove it. Either of those games have outsold NV multiple times over. Bethesda is still in business and going gangbusters with whatever the release. Obsidian is so pathetic that even Disney won't hire them to support one of it's minor gaming efforts and they have to use kick-starter to get funding for a game that turned out to suck anyway.

Don't get me wrong. I love NV. I still play NV. But it is not a Fallout Game (regardless of it's closeness to F1 & F2 in narrative, but, obviously not in design or execution). It is simply an RP game. That's it. The story makes no sense and is completely non-motivational. The DLC's were, on the whole, while entertaining in most cases, pointless, short and meaningless int he context of the main game and the mechanics were needlessly convoluted, complicated and difficult to use.

NV is nothing more than an opportunity for anyone to go in to a game and live a life. That's it. It's No Man's Sky set in the desert, only you're not building anything except useless bullets, or collecting anything that has any use anywhere in the game except to sell. Oh, and let's not forget the endless frustrations of never being able to do anything w/out the correct "perks". Example: Don't even think about trying to make sure that the town doesn't get overrun and taken over by feral prisoners/gangs, if your explosive skills aren't high enough to convince some old coot to contribute or your speech/charisma isn't high enough to convince somebody who's going to die if they don't help their fellow citizens, or fixing some dumb-f*** radio because your repair is high enough in order to convince some dumb bimbo to help... Oh! And you can't do all of them (or combo of them) if you still want to be able to wield you gun or make your useless ammo or hit something appropriately or repair your items or be able to heal yourself or... And it goes on and on and on and that's only in the first hour of the game!

And it just goes on and on and on with moron NPCs and factions that immediately want to destroy you because you didn't want to assist them murdering someone else or that you (and, apparently you alone) are only capable of killing some giant ants to clear a road despite the fact that you are helping a military faction that has better guns, ammo and armor than you.

Stupid, just stupid."

"Yes. NV is like No Man's Sky as it has no point and is simply about the micromanaging of resources and skills sets. That is it.

And NV IS NOT A FALLOUT GAME in any sense of the word. It has nothing to do with anything in CURRENT Fallout. I did say that it was fine if compared to antiquated F1 or F2 games and had a similar feel, but, as a Fallout it game it failed miserably.

I do not understand why you NVers insist that it is perfectly fine to have a game with no point that is all about the micro-managing of skills and skill-sets yet complain endlessly about having to do the same thing in F4 and it's settlement building.

If you love NV then fine, but do not try to confuse an RP opportunity with a lousy story, boring DLCs and endless "skill-checks" and micro-managed skills-sets, boring NPCs and rehashes of just the same old s*** that has and will be explored over and over and over again made by a failure of a company that has never had a unique or creative idea, that specializes in remaking (poorly) other peoples games, only to fail repeatedly, who has been ostracized by so much of the game producing community because of their failures and who have to rely on the financing of suckers that contribute to their campaigns for games that are doomed to failure.

FALLOUT : NEW VEGAS is over. Obsidian will NEVER make another Fallout game. Obsidian will never make a successful game that is not based on somebody else's ideas. Obsidian does not even have most of the people who worked on NV working for them anymore.

Go play your game and stop comparing the betters to the trash put out to satisfy the shallow desires of shallow gamers who can't move in to a new century, generation and methodology of gaming."
:roffle:
:puke:
:facepalm:
:vatted:
:spamfromabove:
:hatersgonnahate:

"

Stupid, just stupid."

Fallout 3 was essentially a soft reboot like how DC made everyone younger. We are never getting Fallout back even if Bethesda just dies.

Modern game design is too entwined with marketing for it to be viable perspective to criticize games. We live in an age where asking for a game to work on release is unreasonable and objective flaws are swept under the rug. Anyone who stills buys hardware to play more of these trash is a moron.

"A very vocal minority like NV and only NV and will give no other version of Fallout any credence because it is not a 2G Platformer that was out of date when it was made.

Stupid, just stupid."

Go play your game and stop comparing the betters to the trash put out to satisfy the shallow desires of shallow gamers who can't move in to a new century, generation and methodology of gaming."[/spoiler]
They do fill every trope, don't they? My brain hurts ><

So basically, what I got from that entire giant shitpost of top keks is "Bigger numbers mean bigger significance, roleplaying hurtz mah brainz, nu uh, u suck". Jesus, maybe Lyle McDouchebag was right about the general population consisting of idiots.

I don't even know how you begin to address this level of absolute ignorance. In America of 200 years ago, slavery was still legal and the ratification of the 13th Amendment was still 50 years in the future, longer than the average lifespan at a time when the discovery of penicillin was still over a century away. 200 years ago, Napoleon Bonaparte had been defeated at Waterloo only a year in the past. Steam power was in its early infancy, and even the telegraph was decades away. And this guy wants to argue that not much has happened between then and now?

Albeit, cultures have also persisted for thousands of years virtually unchanged. Imperial China, in fact, actually considered it to be a sign of their superiority they had managed to make tradition and values as close to stagnant as humanly possible.

It was also the goal of the Shogunate.

Albeit, cultures have also persisted for thousands of years virtually unchanged. Imperial China, in fact, actually considered it to be a sign of their superiority they had managed to make tradition and values as close to stagnant as humanly possible.

Still, the point of that particular apologist's argument was that 200 years was not a big deal and not a huge lapse of time (in the context of Fallout). If it was a 1000 year gap of time (like Fallout 3 took place 1000 years after Fallout 2 for instance), I imagine that same apologist would use the same argument to defend why the East Coast remained in a form of stasis compared to the West Coast: that 1000 years is not a big deal.

Still, the point of that particular apologist's argument was that 200 years was not a big deal and not a huge lapse of time (in the context of Fallout). If it was a 1000 year gap of time (like Fallout 3 took place 1000 years after Fallout 2 for instance), I imagine that same apologist would use the same argument to defend why the East Coast remained in a form of stasis compared to the West Coast: that 1000 years is not a big deal.

Point taken. I also note it does feel much more like 100 years and sometimes sooner. :)

Nosense, the Chinese Empire saw a lot of changes. 200 years are certainly enough time to see a lot of changes.

Back