What was the Funniest Argument You've had with a Bethesda Apologist?

The Chinese Empire changed a lot... in the beginning of the 20th century they started to assimilate Mongolia rather then isolate it, and allowed Chinese colonization, interbreeding and travel between the two. This led to something called the Mongolian revolution of 1911, which introduced a theocratic buddhist state. Interesting stuff.

The Chinese Empire changed a lot... in the beginning of the 20th century they started to assimilate Mongolia rather then isolate it, and allowed Chinese colonization, interbreeding and travel between the two. This led to something called the Mongolian revolution of 1911, which introduced a theocratic buddhist state. Interesting stuff.
China also got its shit pushed in by the European powers during that period, though I know practically nothing about them prior to that.

Well, it also depends what you constitute as 'no changes', because there is no such thing as no changes. That would be stagnation. And empires that stagnate, simply decline, which is also a change ... so ... realistically speaking, there can be no period where something doesn't change, like at all.

Shift "Bethesda apologist" to "Democrat" and "Fallout" to America, and then we are /r/TheRedPill

Don't worry, I will pull you all out of the Nostalgia Matrix, one day.

It's more a general statement as the 19th century introduced China to the British Empire who rather nastily treated it from top to bottom. Prior to, one of the great Chinese "accomplishments" was the assimilation of Mongol Empire to Chinese cultural values versus being dominated directly by a alien foreign power.

Not sure would i call them funny, considering that its kinda depressing that there are people who try to find an excuse for even an objective flaw.

Well, "mods fix it" is one thing pretty much every single Bethesda fanboy out there will tell you, to which i say that "a game must be really poor if you need to use mods to make it good". One thing that i remember is that once, after saying that, they started calling me a stupid pessimist because i find "something bad in something so good".

And of course since all Bethesda games are buggy on release, there are plenty of those who say that "bugs make the game funny and thus more fun". Old ones are the best.

And one of the more recent ones is when i saw one guy saying that Fallout 4 makes all the previous Fallout games obsolete. He eventually admitted that he hasn't even played 1 and 2.

I guess you could say that I had an internal argument with a Bethesda apologist when I came to terms with the mediocrity of Bethesda Game Studios. I began my love of the Fallout universe with Fallout 3. I was always aware of the classics, but never put much thought into them. It wasn't until after Fallout 4 that I began to take the original games seriously. Playing Fallout 1 helped me understand what was missing from Fallout 4, and how much of a disgrace the newer Fallouts are. I now see that Bethesda does not care at all about the Fallout universe. Bethesda doesn't even care about its own version of the universe, as Fallout 4 isn't even true to Fallout 3. It was a sad moment when I came to terms with this, and I had to struggle with the blissfully ignorant Bethesda fan that I was. I still love every Fallout game that I have played, each for their own reasons, and I feel sorry for the fans of the classics for Bethesda's bastardization of their beloved series.

This was not intended to be funny, I just wanted to mention it.

Last edited:
It's more a general statement as the 19th century introduced China to the British Empire who rather nastily treated it from top to bottom. Prior to, one of the great Chinese "accomplishments" was the assimilation of Mongol Empire to Chinese cultural values versus being dominated directly by a alien foreign power.
Hmm about that... China didn't assimilate Mongolia. It isolated it, and kept it culturally distinct because it didn't want pure Chinese values corrupted by the Mongolians. The Mongolian Rulers became more like the Chinese because it would make them more popular and honestly, accepting their culture was much easier in comparison to trying to force Mongolian beliefs on the millions of Chinese.

Hmm about that... China didn't assimilate Mongolia. It isolated it, and kept it culturally distinct because it didn't want pure Chinese values corrupted by the Mongolians. The Mongolian Rulers became more like the Chinese because it would make them more popular and honestly, accepting their culture was much easier in comparison to trying to force Mongolian beliefs on the millions of Chinese.

We could talk all day about this but there was also the fact the Mongolians were conquerors indulged by the richest culture of the world at the time too.

We could talk all day about this but there was also the fact the Mongolians were conquerors indulged by the richest culture of the world at the time too.
They were, but that doesn't matter. What I'm saying is that Mongolia was only assimilated in the early 20th century which failed and resulted in the introduction of an independent Mongolian state.

I saw an argument between two people about the Fallout 4 season pass hike and wow...

A:"It is now full retail price to buy the season pass in
Canada. This is fucking disgusting and they
should be ashamed of themselves for pulling this
shit."

B:"Maybe you should've bought it at $30 then instead of whining now"

A:"How dare you justify their bullshit with such a dismissive response? It boggles the mind. Do you not realize how disgusting a business practice this is? Or do you just choose to ignore it in a "fuck you, shoulda bought it earlier hurr durr" way? Come back with something constructive, rather than your utterly complacent attitude."

B: "If you don't like it don't buy it simple. Do you really think they're going to listen to your whining? Don't buy the next Bethesda game if it bothers you so much otherwise stop your whining like a little girl."

A: "Way to like your own comment, dumbass. You know we can see that, right? It's incredibly pathetic. Your anti-consumer attitude is one the reasons why games come out broken. go fuck yourself.

B:"Do you need a tissue there princess? How anti consumer I bought the season pass at release unlike your stupid ass. Sorry can't fuck myself since your Mum does a good enough on her own."

Yeah. "Fuck those guys for giving us money and giving us jobs, i hate my job as a developer and i hate Bethesda"... It's like construction work. You hire a construction company, give them a year to finish a building and that's it. You hire a developer, tell him to finish the game in a certain amount of time and that's it. Obsidian didn't really have to work much, considering that everything was already finished by Bethesda. They were just provided with a bunch of assets which they assembled into a game, with some new stuff made here and there.

About New Vegas's development schedule...
I'm not going to bother

Look at my signature. Real words from reviewers, youtube comments, steam etc.

"geez want to wash down that salt. Fallout 4 is better than new vegas- have you seen the graphics? Or gameplay? wait, you're going to tell me how the story is better. fuck off, righting is subjective and shooting isn't"

I'm wondering what it says about me that my knee-jerk reaction to this particular quote would be to say that if they prioritize good shooting gameplay over a well-written story, they should be playing Counter-Strike, not Fallout.

Well, I was strollin around youtube one day when I came across this gem of a comment, commenting on a fallout 4 related video addressing it's haters.

Fallout 4 Fanboy
"You. Yes, you. The one screaming, "There's no role-playing!" and "Todd Howard lied to us!" and other slurs I dare not mention. Tread lightly. You are one. We are hundreds, thousands. Millions. You aren't just IN the minority; you ARE the minority. I don't feel awkward or anxious playing Fallout 4 around others, and your words don't affect me. Many others, however, are coming out of their shells for the first time in their lives. This is the first time many are enjoying the beautiful world that has been made for us - and it IS beautiful. Incredibly so. DON'T ruin this for them. We Fallout 4 fans may have our differences, but we will not hesitate to come to the aid of our fellow sole-survivors, especially against someone who so virulently slurs that which has brought us all together. Don't take this the wrong way. I don't hate you. I don't fear you. I pity you. I'm sorry that you feel this way towards us. I'm sorry that Fallout 4 is such a bane to your existence. And I'm sorry that you are missing out on such a wonderful experience. Mostly, though, I'm sorry that you feel the need to go around and publicly chastise and berate others. I'm sorry that, to ensure your own validity, you need to make others feel invalid. I'm sorry that your self-worth is so infinitesimally miniscule that you have to make others feel less-than-human, at least in your own denatured mind, just to feel whole. I am truly sorry that day-in and day-out you have to put up with your worthless, meaningless, Shakespearean tragedy of a life. I ask you politely to cease your unnecessary cries for attention, and instead invite you to join our ranks. Uninstall New Vegas, start up Fallout 4, and breathe in the splendour and the amazement of your first settlement, and then, maybe, just maybe, you'll see what you've been so hopelessly searching for this whole time."

Me
"If that's true, then why do you feel the need to do the exact same thing that your Strawman of classic fallout fans do. The people who don't like Fallout 4 have good reasons for not liking it and these people are not forcing anyone not to play fallout 4. Using the popularity of something to validate your own insecurities about it isn't going to convince anyone. Maybe if you weren't so close minded you wouldn't post such smug, arrogant, one-sided bullshit on the internet as if there isn't enough of it already."

Random Person, weeks later after my comment
"I love seeing someone get roasted so badly that they don't even try replying."

Back