What would make Fallout 4 a really good game??

I don't know if something like that would work for a game like Fallout 3 or NV

It could work if they implemented a working inventory system, they would still use a pip-boy, it's just the trouble of putting all the coding into said engine to use the inventory system. But what do I know.

I wouldn't like to see enclave as a major faction at all any more, but I would like to see the sons and daughters of former enclave members, maybe even old former members, but no more major inclusion Enclave.

Fuck no Enclave, skip just not using the Enclave or BoS, lets fuck off to some place not used before so the established continuity can take a rest. And preferably with a good switch and re-look at any established gameplay mechanics and styles.

I'm talking about a good and proper reboot.

I'm with you on that, but if they do a 'reboot', you know the blurb on the back of the game box will be something like this: Venture into the new and exciting lands of [generic post-apocalypse region name], and meet interesting new factions and character, accompanied by some old friends too....

And by old friends we all know Brotherhood chapter, a few Enclave references and people, and some sort of mention of Supee Mootantz.

First of all, no reboots or re-imagings of any kind!!!!!
I MEAN IT!!!!!!

I am sick and tired of them as they tend to be an excuse for come-along designers to put their own personal flair on an established classic thing in order to make it 'their thing'.

Plus you damn well know that a reboot would only mean that 'cool' stuff like the Enclave and the BOS would be even more used.

Hell the new Fallout wasteland would be a warzone between the two organizations, like Fallout 3 but then throughout the entire US.

I can understand that people don't want to have the Enclave or the BOS play such a big role in future Fallout games anymore (well at least the Pre FO3 fans want that), and I do think we should perhaps see a wasteland that has 'moved' beyond these two sides. (the Enclave being dead and gone, the BOS barely having a presence anymore outside Lost Hills and a few outposts in the West)

Personally I would like to see some new tech based groups or organizations take their place, but not with their own custom made power armor, weaponry, and more such crap.

I liek the idea of moving to a different zone for new factions outside of the already stablished oens to be introduced, an oportunity FO3 wasted completely, like in my topic on this forum, maybe a game that stablishes a new Faction or factions that woudl play an improtant role in future games, even becoming the foil or allies of already existing factions.

Except I said to not include those things. Hence a proper reboot. You can't fuck off from established continuity while hanging onto old factions and locations and shit.

I'd honestly like to keep away from the BoS/NCR/Legion, etc. NPCs talking vaguely about them in the form of rumor or a supposed society could be an acceptable tip of the hat to them, but that's all I'd allow.

@Dutch Ghost: I would find that brilliant in a new Fallout game as the endless 'cool' factions are starting to get on my nerves (and by endless I mean NCR/BoS/Enclave/Evil Super Mutants), that's why I think Bethesda should've developed their Commonwealth idea more, because I fought if properly written the commonwealth faction could become one of the 'cool' factions in the Fallout canon. But no, bethesda went and been lazy.

Actually speaking of the Commonwealth, i've got quite a good game concept including them, I may post it on this thread later.

Some of you might have read my description of Fallout Yurop Berlin, a game inspired by Team Yurop sadly canceled Fallout Yurop, and Fallout New Vegas (that it takes place around a city)

With Shigor's permission I wrote down a take on a faction called the Followers of the Atlantis, an organization that like the BOS searches for Pre War technology and resources, but not to hoard them but to use them for their own agenda.

The Followers of the Atlantis wish to start a new age of science and technology, in which they can use and develop technology without harassment or influence from outsiders, and achieve post humanism, turning humanity into a species of self optimizing machines.

Of course even in the Fallout universe such a goal is really ambitious and might take generations of recovery but that does not stop the Followers/Atlanteans.

They are sort of a combination of cult and para military organization with the hint of post humanism which I mentioned at.

They are not as xenophobic as the Brotherhood of Steel, they interact and trade with outsiders, and outsiders are allowed to join (but must be human to a certain degree).
But the Followers stick to their own agendas and will only help others if it coincides with their own goals, or could possibly influence it.

They would have to be renamed but I think this would work as a replacement to the current high tech factions.

I made a society that operates on a system that ensures every person is working depending on their habilities, The HAeVEN, their rulers are the 4 leaders of every job in the city, The ones in charge of the Railworkers, The one in Charge of the food coming it from crops, animals, etc, the ones that organizes how the goods are divided for the use of the people and for trade and also organizes the caravans and relations with other communities, and the guy in charge of the Militia that keeps the community safe and protects the caravans. Of course the city has problems, like bitter in-figthing between the four leaders, everyone having a different vision fo the future, and of course Gangs of raiders and mercenaries hired to damper their progress and force them to join another community.

All I know is, I hope Bethesda doesn't listen to some of my friends. One suggested that the Enclave in Chicago kidnap some people make make super soldiers and start taking things over. :crazy:

Also, if the location is away from the West Coast, can we get a new currency system besides caps? It was far fetched in Fallout 3.

I really want Fallout 4 to have the Legion in it. I don't care if everybody else is left out, but the NCR does make a great enemy for the Legion. So I could tolerate them staying as long as the NCR doesn't get all the development time like in F:NV.

Location wise I really do like the desert and things like the Rangers and guns like the Mysterious Magnum are really cool, even though I play a melee character.

But the main improvement I want to see is the world's reaction to the PC and his/her actions. I really was looking forward to seeing what Caesar was going to do to the strip (I'm thinking crucifixes lining the street.), specifically what would be done to the Gomorrah. Plus a throne room in the Lucky 38 would have been awesome. It just felt like I wasn't as rewarded as I could have been for completing the main quest in F:NV.

I'd be fine with the Legion returning albit only as different leaders of tribes that have broken away after the failure at the dam. Assuming that the legion losing is the cannon ending. Think about how interesting would it be to have a game set in denver with several different tribes fighting for power over the major parts of the city. You don't need super mutants, you don't need the NCR (the mountains will deffiently slow expansion for them), or the BOS (regardless of what ending you chose they're nearly dead). Just humans, mutated animals, and conflict. Still fallout but without some of the fractions that will drag the series down.

I would really hope they add some atleast semi-plausible ai or routine to NPCs. They should be able to:
Hear
See

I hate it that i can stab someone in the middle of day in new vegas with like 20 ppl around me, and nobody does anything.

For assasin type characters, there should be a skill:
"Professional"
wich reduces the likeliness of dying npcs screaming.

If you dont have that, you need silenced weapons or you gotta do it at night etc.

So from the vibes I've gotten from this forum over the years. It seems like the happy medium between the Fallout format of today and that of yesteryears is a game with Dragon Age or Relic-style RTS presentation combined with Neverwinter Nights looks-like-real-time-but-actually-turn-based combat. I suppose if Bethesda ever got away from that reputation of making first-person immersive-sims and had as diverse a catalog as Bioware that's doable.

Hell, if Obsidian ever got big enough, I guess a Fallout game a la Van Buren could be put on an iPhone or iPad.

Setting it in India.

But seeing as that won't happen ever (bloody westerners :P) it being in Mexico would be pretty cool

I don't get it, why India or Mexico?
There is no retro American 50's culture there, stuff like mutants and giant insects, or retro futuristic science.

Back