Why do you think a crossbow was never added?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree on the implausibilty of a crossbow but whirling there was going to be a few crossbows in Van Buren, not many, but somebody clearly thought that they had a place in the Fallout Universe.

IIRC they were being used by some mercs at Hoover Dam.

Van Buren had lots of things planned for it that didn't ever end up in a Fallout game.

Should we accept some of the crap from POS while we're at it? That game was actually published.

From now on fallout should have lots of juvenile cussing and scantily clad bitches with huge tits.

POS had those.

Should FONV have furry deathclaws? Or ones that talk? Maybe they could add a reference or two to Skynet and bring Harold back with a giant tree growing out of him and if we're really lucky we could get some fucking nunchuks.

There is a difference between a crossbow and that stupid stuff you mentioned. What harm would a crossbow add?

whirlingdervish said:
What harm would there be in adding huge tits to all the bitches?

Veronica could finally fill out that dress she wanted.

It would make games even more sexist

precisely.

Crossbows would make the game more ridiculous.

You don't like sexism in your Fallouts.
I don't like stupid in my Fallouts.

whirlingdervish said:
precisely.

But I wasn't advocating for crossbows lol

The Enclave 86 said:
I agree on the implausibilty of a crossbow but whirling there was going to be a few crossbows in Van Buren, not many, but somebody clearly thought that they had a place in the Fallout Universe.

Yea but I know Van Buren was the original fallout 3, but I mean Aliens used to be a funny easter egg until the official Fallout 3 made Mothership zeta. So yea.

DoubleRubix said:
Yea but I know Van Buren was the original fallout 3, but I mean Aliens used to be a funny easter egg until the official Fallout 3 made Mothership zeta. So yea.

Difference is that I have even a modicum of respect for Van Buren's development team whereas I have little-to-none for Bethesda's.

whirlingdervish said:
precisely.

Guess what brah, van Buren was supposed to have crossbows. GASP!!! The original makers of Fallout actually thought that a crossbow in PA world was as plausible as a cannon-o-doom shooting thunderbolts and Atomic catapults. GASP!!!!!

What in the world have you been playing? On a logic scale, a crossbow is more probable and believeable then probably around 80% of Fallout lore. Fallout is a world build on ridicilous assumptions, goofy out-of-the-world technology, pop references and talking trees. And here you are, trying your best ot make a freakin crossbow something implausible for a Fallout world. The words cann't describe it............................8-)

If you don't like "STUPID" in Fallout then you probably don't like around 90% of the whole fallout games content.

Oh, and calling out wrestling fans while naming yourself "whirlingdervish", :lol:

:::SILUS::: said:
"whirlingdervish", :lol:

But a whirling Dervish is a special type of Muslim Imam not a wrestler. They are unfortunate souls that don't seem to comprehend the Koran properly

Sabirah said:
"whirlingdervish", :lol:

But a whirling Dervish is a special type of Muslim Imam not a wrestler. They are unfortunate souls that don't seem to comprehend the Koran properly

/facepalm :lol: I know that. That was not the...................nevermind.

whirlingdervish said:
precisely.

Guess what brah, van Buren was supposed to have crossbows. GASP!!! The original makers of Fallout actually thought that a crossbow in PA world was as plausible as a cannon-o-doom shooting thunderbolts and Atomic catapults. GASP!!!!!

What in the world have you been playing? On a logic scale, a crossbow is more probable and believeable then probably around 80% of Fallout lore. Fallout is a world build on ridicilous assumptions, goofy out-of-the-world technology, pop references and talking trees. And here you are, trying your best ot make a freakin crossbow something implausible for a Fallout world. The words cann't describe it............................8-)

If you don't like "STUPID" in Fallout then you probably don't like around 90% of the whole fallout games content.
Ah, but Fallout's obvious 'stupidities' make sense in the context of the Fallout-world.
They have small-scale nuclear fusion devices, providing energy even a hundred years after the war.
The US in 2077 had a lot from McCarthy-era America. Widespread fear, extreme patriotism and thus a whole lot of heavily armed civilians.
Fallout's science is based on the fictional concept of SCIENCE!, from old pulp magazines.
They have perfect nuclear energy, but never invented semiconductors and integrated circuits.
Plasma weapons and room-temperature superconductors, but probably no modern composite materials. Maybe glass-fiber, but I don't think that carbon-fiber has ever been mentioned in Fallout.
It's a world based on metal, wood and bakelite.
Maybe space age ceramics, because they're freakin' cool.
Technology in Fallout is sturdy. Well, except for cars.
But everything else? Sure, it's american craftmanship!
What I want to point out is that while crossbows absolutely make sense in a post-apocalyptic world in general, they do not necessarily do so in the post-apocalyptic world of Fallout.
It follows its own logic and its own set of rules.
Yes, crossbows make sense even there, but since firearms are very, very widespread, their usefulness is very limited.
Maybe some designer will at some point decide that crossbows should find their way into the Fallout-universe.
Until then, how about a cup of tea? Perhaps some crumpets?

Hassknecht said:
whirlingdervish said:
precisely.

Ah, but Fallout's obvious 'stupidities' make sense in the context of the Fallout-world.
They have small-scale nuclear fusion devices, providing energy even a hundred years after the war.
The US in 2077 had a lot from McCarthy-era America. Widespread fear, extreme patriotism and thus a whole lot of heavily armed civilians.
Fallout's science is based on the fictional concept of SCIENCE!, from old pulp magazines.
They have perfect nuclear energy, but never invented semiconductors and integrated circuits.
Plasma weapons and room-temperature superconductors, but probably no modern composite materials. Maybe glass-fiber, but I don't think that carbon-fiber has ever been mentioned in Fallout.
It's a world based on metal, wood and bakelite.
Maybe space age ceramics, because they're freakin' cool.
Technology in Fallout is sturdy. Well, except for cars.
But everything else? Sure, it's american craftmanship!
What I want to point out is that while crossbows absolutely make sense in a post-apocalyptic world in general, they do not necessarily do so in the post-apocalyptic world of Fallout.
It follows its own logic and its own set of rules.
Yes, crossbows make sense even there, but since firearms are very, very widespread, their usefulness is very limited.
Maybe some designer will at some point decide that crossbows should find their way into the Fallout-universe.
Until then, how about a cup of tea? Perhaps some crumpets?

Always down for those. Bring it on. :D

Oh, and how does the bumper swords, flaming swords, katana, spears and animal gauntlets fit in that sort of vibe if a crossbow doesn't?

Oh, and how does the .. animal gauntlets fit in that sort of vibe if a crossbow doesn't?

Yup, that's very confusing stuff.
[spoiler:b94b1e5433]
humxhs.png
[/spoiler:b94b1e5433]

A Crossbow could fit in the game, there is nothing setting breaking about it, but it would be a very useless weapon that you could only find on some crazy survivalist or something, it would be less useful than a Cowboy repeater and most people wouldn't know how to make it. There pissing contest over.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back