Witcher 2

SmartCheetah said:
Any idea who made music for The Witcher games? Some tracks sounds similiar. Too bad G. Ciechowski is dead :(

Soundtrack of The Witcher was composed by Adam Skorupa and Paweł Błaszczak.
Soundtrack for the second one was composed by Adam Skorupa and Krzysztof Wierzynkiewicz. You have all that on The Witcher wiki.
Amazing soundtracks.

BWAHAHAHAHA :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

That trailer... So CONSOLETASTIC! For reference, compare with PC trailer.

Not a surprise about the release, BTW, since they've said long ago that they're planning to try a console release after the PC version is done. I don't think it'll do too well on XBOX cause the game has too much reading and talking, and too little "press A to win". I also wonder whether the console will be able to run the engine smoothly without murdering the good visuals.

I would not say TW2 has that much talking, probably not as much as New Vegas or recent Bioware games and they all sold very well on consoles (barring ''Dragon Age''2 but that's another issue entirely). I do agree that I see no way for a console to compete even with the low-end visuals, it's just too pretty.

Not really related to anything, but Matt Chat did The Witcher review.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Z-bfrXBxM8&feature=uploademail[/youtube]

So I'm at act 3 of my second playthrough, on Iorweth's path this time around.

What I like is that after playing it for the second time, it does feel like a diffrent game, because there's so much content you won't see on either path you take. Remember all those grand non-linear whatever RPGs that are said to have multiple choices and consequences? Well, Witcher 2 pulled it off properly for the first time in a *long* time.

I see people comparing it to Mass Effect because both have cinematic feel to them - well, Mass Effect doesn't stand a slightest chance compared to the Witcher. On one side, you have a breathing game full of interesting (and most importantly, varied) quests and characters that feel like actual people, while on the other there's the stiff pop-a-mole shooter with barely any gameplay mechanics, aside from some random animations during dialogues and a weak, completly unrealistic world and story that I can't simply relate to in any way.

The Witcher 2 for the first time for a long time made a story that shows some actuall struggle, where you can care for characters you meet and the story isn't just about standing against forces of evil. Even the main "villain", the Kingslayer, is simply a *person* with his beliefs, goals and an actual agenda that makes sense when he explains it to you.

No matter at which part of the game I look, starting from the promotial campaign prior to release (I love the Hope trailer), to the sheer amount of varied content in diffrent edition of the game, ending with the little touches in-game, I see real, actual quality and passion. I can't wait for the Witcher 3, fuck the console port! Concentrate on making another game, dammit!

Witcher 3 won't be coming for a while, rest assured. They were sort of hinting at an expansion at some point, though.

I know, but I hope that the expansion will provide some sort of commentary on what happened in the main campaign.

Well, the entire storyline with the Hunt remained completely open.

I've seen someone on the Witcher forums suggest that the expansion will be about Yennifer, claiming that the ladybug in the ending sequence is a hint to that, as they are said to carry lovers' messages in folklore, or something like that. Sounds plausible - though no guarantee whether this'll be expansion material, or something put off till the next installment of the series.

I thought it was pretty obvious that Witcher 3 is going to take place in Nilfgaard and focus on Geralt kicking it old school with his ol' pal Duny?

I wouldn't say it's guaranteed but it is the most obvious open plot-thread. But the Wild Hunt/Yennifer is pretty big too. Or both at the same time? We'll see where they go with it.

But what if Sapkowski's next book undermines their plot thread? Like Interplay and Bethesda.

Brother None said:
But what if Sapkowski's next book undermines their plot thread? Like Interplay and Bethesda.

After more than a decade since the books first were published? Only if Bethesda was involved in it...

Have yet to play the game, went through first game and Last Wish book when it all came out. Waited for a long time for this new Geralt, and to see that epic bitchslap to those consolified RPGs. God I love it!

LinkPain said:
Brother None said:

After more than a decade since the books first were published? Only if Bethesda was involved in it...

Yep, not going to happen. He's done with writing anything placed in The Witcher universe AFAIK. Last book came out in 1999 so it really seems he's not going to start over again. You will only see translations of his other works at some point in the future.

It is just what I remember from somewhere so I might be wrong but I think the game Witcher 1 more or less starts 5 years after the last book which was where Gerald died (hence why you hear that so many times in the game that he was suposed to be dead). Killed by a guy with a fork in some riot or something like that.

So the chance to see actually another story might be not be really high. But as said. I might be wrong with this.

Well I once went through the saga from the first to the fifth book (I can't get my hands on the Last Wish and the other introduction book) and I must say, at the fourth it already gets hard to read. Sapkowski's style of writing is briliant, but not in such large doses. I hope he will leave the Witcher world to CD Projekt.

Back