Worst Possible things for FO3?

Roshambo said:
Bleh. After all that time, I still find Gothic and Gothic II to be far better in 3d world design. That actually feels like a land, versus the sparse, empty feeling that I feel walking through Morrowind.
I agree that Bethesda make some mistakes with their 3D design, but Morrowind was supposed to feel desolate, grey and depressing, because the game takes place on a vulcano island...

I don't see why everyone (not jus talking to Roshambo) complains about MW, especially if you've played it for 20 minutes and then uninstalled it. It's a huge world and yes there are tonnes of stuff to do in that world, though can't really tell before you get deeper into the game.... Which I can understand some people don't have the patience for, because the gameplay is slow until you get teh hang of it... Very slow.

Yes the NPCs aren't unique enough, you might not like the combat, but other than that I really think MW is a good game.

What a rant, bottomline is, don't fly off the handle and expect that F3 will be a copy of Morrowind in a post-nuclear setting, and don't expect Bethesda only knows how to do Morrowind-like games. They have made many other games of different genres, and as far as I can understand, their F3 are mostly Fallout fans, and have very high expectations, as we all do. I don't think they are interested in seeing F3 dramatically changed from F1 & 2, because the hold the same respect for the games that we do.

I eat Burst for breakfast said:
I agree that Bethesda make some mistakes with their 3D design, but Morrowind was supposed to feel desolate, grey and depressing, because the game takes place on a vulcano island...

There is a difference between "desolate" and "half ass". Gothic's developers made the world feel like a world because of the attention to detail - not just shit out maps from an overglorified RNG. They managed to convey the different tones for the different areas of the game.

I don't see why everyone (not jus talking to Roshambo) complains about MW, especially if you've played it for 20 minutes and then uninstalled it. It's a huge world and yes there are tonnes of stuff to do in that world, though can't really tell before you get deeper into the game.... Which I can understand some people don't have the patience for, because the gameplay is slow until you get teh hang of it... Very slow.

Maybe we don't like it because we HAVE played for more than 20 minutes? I think that would have been obvious given my posts about the subject. I have played the TES series. Frankly, Morrowind was a STEP BACK in most aspects besids graphics.

Uh...excuse me? That wasn't good for Morrowind, and that is even WORSE for Fallout.

Yes the NPCs aren't unique enough, you might not like the combat, but other than that I really think MW is a good game.

Morrowind - NPCs - combat - world design - crappy quests = ?

What IS left?

What a rant, bottomline is, don't fly off the handle and expect that F3 will be a copy of Morrowind in a post-nuclear setting, and don't expect Bethesda only knows how to do Morrowind-like games. They have made many other games of different genres,

This is too fucking comical.

Let's take a look at the games they have developed, and this isn't counting those that the developers have worked on in the past. {Which is reasonable, since the talent at BIS wasn't able to do much with Feargus' baby, Torn and the BethSoft devs managed to worsen many aspects of Daggerfall.)

An Elder Scrolls Legend: Battlespire - A/A title that has abyssmal development behind it for the sake of multiplayer
Burnout: Championship Drag Racing - Oh, yes, this screams FALLOUT!
Delta V - Set in the foochair!
The Elder Scrolls Adventures: Redguard - A/A The ultimate forgettable action title, unless you have played some that DON'T suck ass
The Elder Scrolls III: Bloodmoon A/A Finally, Morrowind gets back some appeal daggerfall had (versus the Lara Craft modslOLOLOLOL!!!)
The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind (Collector's E... - So you don't accidentally buy Morrowind itself expecting gameplay.
The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind (Game of the Y... - Translation: A lot of the lowest common denominator lapped this game up due to the Diablo simplicity)
The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind A/A game that
The Elder Scrolls III: Tribunal - More pretty places! And finally, BethSoft learns how to implement a journal, which shows that backend probably takes a back seat to TEH SHINEY!
The Elder Scrolls: Arena - A/A A promising new start for FP dungeon-crawlers
The Elder Scrolls: Daggerfall - A/A The definition of open-ended play, perhaps a bit too much in that it led to some stretching at the seams, but it was a great game on the whole.
Hockey League Simulator - Hey....there might be turn-based combat in here, somewhere!
Hockey League Simulator 2 - Teh sequel! Oh, yes, undoubtedly this means they have TB down to an ART!
IHRA Motorsports - Vehicles! Oh, yes, an important part of Fallout!
Protector - A game with gameplay as uninspired as the title
SkyNET - Oh, it has guns that shoot! And ROBOTS! *gasp*
Terminator 2029 - Not a bad shooter for its time.
The Terminator 2029 - Deluxe CD Edition - Ditto
Terminator 2029: Operation Scour - The expansion.
The Terminator: Future Shock - Another Terminator game. Have any clue what genre it might be in?
The Terminator: Rampage - Like Redneck Rampage, but without the humor.
The Elder Scrolls III : Bloodmoon & Tribunal Du... - Just in case you didn't want to pay full price for either one on their own.
Wayne Gretzky Hockey - Fighting!
Where's Waldo? - Where's Fallout?

Survey Says: The only game (and I will only include "genre" by a loose definition, since TES is Action/Adventure) that Bethesda has even REMOTELY developed close to Fallout is TES. The only games they have remotely developed close to the CRPG genre are TES. The design of TES itself is quite unlike that commonly seen in Fallout games, and in terms of dialog options, Bethesda still has a lot of work to do. Yes, Bethesda is a good developer - at TES games (arguably as of late) and Terminator games. Well, that is if you don't included the stupid "Meta-Node" minotaur-looking thing from Terminator: Rampage.

See, they're good at not skullfucking setting elements!

and as far as I can understand, their F3 are mostly Fallout fans, and have very high expectations, as we all do. I don't think they are interested in seeing F3 dramatically changed from F1 & 2, because the hold the same respect for the games that we do.

I love it when some ignorant kid comes in and starts cluelessly fellating a developer. It really is like an auto accident just WAITING to happen...

DevilsAdvocate said:
Ashmo said:
I never played Morrowind tho, I don't like first person RPGs much and third person (Tomb Raider style) isn't that much to my liking either.

SOME first person RPGs do it right, though. I'm talking about Betrayal at Krondor, which is the best RPG of all time (yes, I know it's blasphemy, but it is superior to either Fallout). I have no problem with walking around in first person; it's whenever you get into combat that it really bugs me. Morrowind felt like it could've been a mod for Unreal Tournament; it's like playing an FPS with swords and bows instead of guns. But it was actually fun for a while. Yes, crappy story, boring combat, and cookie-cutter NPCs aside, it was fun to have a whole world out there to explore.

No. As much as I love BaK, it is in no way similar to fallout, the story in BaK i extremely linear, sure you cant tour around as much as you will, but you have to do that one darn quest before you can advance to the next area, BaK was driven by a VERY good story and design, but FO in the BaK way wold seem more like an extended Deus EX in a PA setting..... the BAk Way would be very bad, gameplay wise for FO3 IMHO...
Give me iso 2d anyday for my beloved Fallout....

Weapons that degrade and break (i.e Arcanum). It’s so fucking annoying. "Realism" can kiss my ass.

Silence, infidel! Jamming weapons are teh cla55ic: "Angela Deth's weapon has jammed!". And it is only satisfying that the old weapons from before the war, of make-shift weapons are prone to fail . That said, the player should have an option to unjam and repair weapons based on their Repair and respective weapon skill,, as well as some items that facilitate it - or decrease chance of weapon failure as such.

Silencer said:
Silence, infidel! Jamming weapons are teh cla55ic: "Angela Deth's weapon has jammed!". And it is only satisfying that the old weapons from before the war, of make-shift weapons are prone to fail . That said, the player should have an option to unjam and repair weapons based on their Repair and respective weapon skill,, as well as some items that facilitate it - or decrease chance of weapon failure as such.

See, in theory it sounds cool... You won't be saying that when your playing a non-repair character in the middle of a rat fight though. *Angela Deth shoots rat* then all of a sudden: *You notice your gun has jammed. Too bad you were too stupid and didn't put any skill point into your repair asshole, now you have to run all the way back to a repair shop, get the guy to fix your gun and run all the way back to finish this pointless fight with rats! Oh and by the way, it'll probably jam again! tahahahheheh You might as well just restart or shoot yourself with a real gun*

or maybe I’m exaggerating :lol:

sometimes I get really mad when I'm killing rats, sure, they are big, but I find it wierd that they keep biting me in the toes when I'm continuesly shooting them in the eyes with a .223 rifle :?

Damn, Bethesda did the Terminator Future Shock, that game is bloody clasic....

As for Fallout 3, I'd hate to play a Fallout and it is first person... Oh, well, its in there hands, just hope they actual hire the old Crew (when Microsoft stops racketeering the software industry) and go on the original design... Of course, hell would freeze over and they also get a hockey franchise.

Xandax said:
Macaco said:
Morrowind with guns<snip>

Agreed.
A large open-ended but very bland world, with many uninteresting NPCs that practically all say the same thing, featuring a ruleset where every character can do everything. And First Person view .... :shock:

I fear a game named Fallout - instead of a Fallout game.

What the hell dude?. Do you have any brains?

Do you honestly think that Bethesda would make Fallout with the same bland NPC's used in Morrowind?. They already said they would NEVER do that kind of thing again. I don't see much wrong with a first-person view, but it would take an inordinate amount of time and effort to make a good first person Fallout game. An idea for making an FP view work would be to give the enemies excellent AI and lots of health, so you have too shoot them a lot just like in Fallout.

Stop friggin bagging Bethesda because you don't think it's possible that they could actually make a good Fallout game with various view points and shit. Stop acting like you know every fucking thing about game developement. I love Fallout, they are the best games i've ever played, and i like Morrowind and i want a first person view if Bethesda are capable of making the combat fun, challenging and long. Short, CS-like combat will not work. If they can't, i would love to see the classic Isometric perspective used again, or whatever the equivalent of that is in a 3D engine.

...Duck and Cover!

I advise you to milden you atitude before you end up with a "assmuncher" sign over your head...
Just a friendly pointer, pisswash :)

Just a little comment , the only thing i dont want them taking out is the Bloody Mess trait. Ohh the fun i had with that watching people explode for no reason.

Plank said:

An idea for making an FP view work would be to give the enemies excellent AI and lots of health, so you have too shoot them a lot just like in Fallout.

*blinks*

Good one. :D

Oh, wait, you were being serious.

Stop friggin bagging Bethesda because you don't think it's possible that they could actually make a good Fallout game with various view points and shit. Stop acting like you know every fucking thing about game developement.

Don't bother acting like you DO, because obviously you're far from qualified to chastize people when you make the above moronic comments and "FP fixes".

I love Fallout, they are the best games i've ever played, and i like Morrowind and i want a first person view if Bethesda are capable of making the combat fun, challenging and long. Short, CS-like combat will not work. If they can't, i would love to see the classic Isometric perspective used again, or whatever the equivalent of that is in a 3D engine.

You not only jump into the thread without any sense of the discussion, don't even bother reading the forum description and stickies, and then start telling people what to do and yet you only have one post.

Since I doubt the account was created with any seriousness, I think nobody would miss the person who is obviously as non-intelligent as their namesake.

I eat Burst for breakfast said:
Morrowind was supposed to feel desolate, grey and depressing, because the game takes place on a vulcano island...
Unfortunately they utterly ruined this feeling as exotic creatures started to appear everywhere with increasing player level.

Roshambo said:
Plank said:

An idea for making an FP view work would be to give the enemies excellent AI and lots of health, so you have too shoot them a lot just like in Fallout.

*blinks*

Good one. :D

Oh, wait, you were being serious.

Stop friggin bagging Bethesda because you don't think it's possible that they could actually make a good Fallout game with various view points and shit. Stop acting like you know every fucking thing about game developement.

Don't bother acting like you DO, because obviously you're far from qualified to chastize people when you make the above moronic comments and "FP fixes".

I love Fallout, they are the best games i've ever played, and i like Morrowind and i want a first person view if Bethesda are capable of making the combat fun, challenging and long. Short, CS-like combat will not work. If they can't, i would love to see the classic Isometric perspective used again, or whatever the equivalent of that is in a 3D engine.

You not only jump into the thread without any sense of the discussion, don't even bother reading the forum description and stickies, and then start telling people what to do and yet you only have one post.

Since I doubt the account was created with any seriousness, I think nobody would miss the person who is obviously as non-intelligent as their namesake.

I used to be a member of the NMA forums for about 6 months, Roshambo, and i've been playing Fallout since '97, so don't try to call me a noob

Now could you please explain whats so wrong about my ideas?. Have you even thought about them?

And my apparently above moronic comments where true. People don't have much faith in a first-person Fallout game made by Bethesda. I'm not saying that they could, but i'm not saying that they can't.

i dont want Morrowind Typish Fallout ! that would be a crappy game. and poor Dialoug options would be like hell it self cursed your mouth.
or , very few perks and traits to select from, lack of skills and Npcs or the Humor in Fallout.

Crosis said:
i dont want Morrowind Typish Fallout ! that would be a crappy game. and poor Dialoug options would be like hell it self cursed your mouth.
or , very few perks and traits to select from, lack of skills and Npcs or the Humor in Fallout.

It's quite clear that Bethesda aren't going to make the same mistakes they made with Morrowind again. Fallout would never be Morrowind. The closest thing to Morrowind that Bethesda would do is a first-person view, and thats it. They will have nothing in common with each other.

Plank said:
The closest thing to Morrowind that Bethesda would do is a first-person view, and thats it. They will have nothing in common with each other.

Oddly enough, that would be quite enough to fuck up this game.

Maybe. I've always thought that, after seeing those first-person 3D static screens of the various locations in F1 and F2 during the endgame sequences and such, it would be pretty cool to be able to play via that view, with concessions made to turn it away from FPS/RPG's like System Shock.

Back