Your favourite New Vegas character?

Tough choice.

House, Caesar, Graham, Arcade, Hanlon, Ulysses, Cass, Dean Domino, Veronica... I could talk to those characters for hours.

If I had to choose one though, I'd pick Vulpes Inculta. What a magnificently evil bastard.

Raul and Ed-E are probably tied for first.

God I love Raul. I love everything about him, with his sarcastic quips and all. Danny Trejo's probably got something to do with it. He also has my favourite backstory out of all characters, and probably the most emotional. Sure, Boone's got that "dead wife" thing, but Raul's gotta live with his guilt for much longer than Boone.

I just like Ed-E because he's cute.

Joshua Graham is a close second/(third) though. He actually changed my whole outlook on religion, and pretty much taught me that it's possible to respect religious people. I was an edgy 14 year old when I played Honest Hearts for the first time, of course I hated religion, c'mon.

House, Arcade, Christine, Veronica, Ulysses and Hanlon are all pretty great too.

Honestly, there are too many to list. The ones that immediately come to mind are Cass, Arcade, Veronica, ED-E, Boone, Major Knight, The King, Mr. House, Benny, Victor and I could go on, really..

And this isn't counting DLC.

Yes Man, because I love the Independent route and he's pretty entertaining to talk to.

ED-E, that jingle when he enters combat mode makes me smile.

And Cass, because I think her quest is great and overall an awesome person to hang out with in the wasteland.

Currently running a Wasteland Negotiator character in NV, he does however seem to shoot a lot of people, especially if they wear white gloves. Saying that he now has a little trouble sitting down after a visit to Cerulean Robotics.

I like the people like Logan and Barton Thorn. "You've done the donkey work for me and now I will kill you". You know they're scumbags but you help them out anyway

Caesar, by far. One could only wish the Legion had gotten more content to appreciate it better. But talking to Caesar is very enlightening.

Does it bug anyone else how they call him "Kaiser" ? Or is it just me?

They? It's even a theme IN the game, that nobody quite knows how to pronounce it - "seesar" or "kaiser"
In the end, "kaiser" is the correct pronounciation, that's why it's even an issue :V Many modern words are derived from "kaiser", such as "keiser" (emperor, in scandinavian languages) or "tsar" in Russian.

Caesar's namesake would have been pronounced Yulius Kaiser, so no it never bothered me.

Fun fact: Jesus's real name was Joshua, pronounced something along the lines of Yeshua or Yoshua. It's amazing how names are messed up by translation.

They? It's even a theme IN the game, that nobody quite knows how to pronounce it - "seesar" or "kaiser"
In the end, "kaiser" is the correct pronounciation, that's why it's even an issue :V Many modern words are derived from "kaiser", such as "keiser" (emperor, in scandinavian languages) or "tsar" in Russian.
It's always been "seesar" to me, I guess I'm just being pernickity

It's always been "seesar" to me, I guess I'm just being pernickity

Kind of the point they make in the game. It's always been "seesar" to a whole lot of people because of error :D
It's how linguistics work, language is full of "acceptable error" like that, especially with loan-words and expressions originating in other languages.

"seesar" is fully acceptable - but technically incorrect
"kaiser" is correct - but sounds strange to most people, and is often avoided because of that

Kind of the point they make in the game. It's always been "seesar" to a whole lot of people because of error :D
It's how linguistics work, language is full of "acceptable error" like that, especially with loan-words and expressions originating in other languages.

"seesar" is fully acceptable - but technically incorrect
"kaiser" is correct - but sounds strange to most people, and is often avoided because of that
Kaiser hust sounds german to me. I get the feeling I should be saying "Heil" instaead of "Ave"

Muggy!! Give me more Muggy. Sorry, it just hit me, he is hillarious just like pretty much everyone in OWB like DirtyOldShoe said. Also, Veronica and Cass are my favourite companions, for various reasons.

Really liked the characters voiced by Laura Bailey. ie. Doctor Usunagi and Christine.

I loved Cass, Boone and Veronica.

In terms of NPCs, I liked Cristina Morales. The voice actress did a phenomenal job with her.

Raul for life. Favourite companion and NPC. He had an in depth backstory and his perk was just the most useful to me. ED-E was also likable due to lonesome road if you pay attention to the audio logs he says but I still don't think I like him as much as I do Raul.

Back