Introduce yourself! AKA the "Say hello" thread

Discussion in 'General Discussion Forum' started by Brother None, Sep 4, 2003.

1. Eeleye

Eeleye Outstanding

Aug 7, 2017
    Hey, I'm Eeleye. I came here because I like Fallout. I've only played 3 and 4, but I'm working my way towards the others asap. I'm a freelance writer that just accepted a bok deal, so hopefully that doesn't take time away from my roleplaying, haha.

2. The King of The Worms

The King of The Worms First time out of the vault

Jul 28, 2017
    congrats on the book deal what are some of the books you've written?

3. Eeleye

Eeleye Outstanding

Aug 7, 2017
    Mostly fantasy stuff with some horror, but I'm doing a post-apocalyptic zombie story for a smaller company right now.

4. Prone Squanderer

Prone Squanderer A bit of a Sillius Soddus.

Jan 3, 2016
    Welcome to NMA. Hope you enjoy yourself here.

Ah another writer, welcome!

5. House

House First time out of the vault

Aug 8, 2017
    Hello! I'm "House" and I just recently discovered the site when I was looking for mods to spice up my second playthrough of Fallout. I found and downloaded Fallout Fixt and I love it, so here I am. Figured the community seemed interesting and since Fallout is my favorite game series I figured it was a no-brainer to sign up. I'll probably also join the Discord server soon enough, as my gaming group just switched from Skype to Discord for our communication purposes and so I had to make an account there too.

I've been a fan of Fallout since middle school where I got my start with Fallout 3. Since then I've played and beaten every release, with the exception of Tactics and Brotherhood of Steel. Other than NationStates I'm not a very avid forum user, and generally speaking on most other forums like 1d4chan and Reddit I simply lurk. Considering the Fallout focused community here, as well as the fan created content, I doubt lurking will be the case for my activity on NMA.

And, to tell you a little bit about me personally, I just graduated high school this year and have since enlisted in the Marine Corps. I'll be leaving for basic training next month. I love most roleplaying games, board games, strategy games, and some tabletop wargames.

Last edited: Aug 8, 2017
    • [Like] [Like] x 1
  6. Alphons

Alphons National Beholder

Aug 9, 2017
    Hey! I am Kamil. I started with Fallout 3, played all "canon" ones. I was lurking here for some time and decided to finally join.

7. Serifan

Serifan Berserk Orderite Orderite

Aug 3, 2006
    Hello alphons gangitano

Ya welcome to come hang with me and boys at the order we gotta have sick convorsation

8. Millim

Millim What the fuck is this for a shit?!

Oct 13, 2010
    Welcome fresh blood

9. Pwener

Pwener Tunnelers? They Don't Sound That Tough...

Aug 15, 2017
    Hello everyone, my name is Pwener and I've been addicted to Fallout since 2009. Yes, that means I started with Fallout 3, hate me. I'm also a console player (yes, let the anger flow through you...) and have no desire to become a PC gamer with a superiority complex anytime in the near or far future.

Like most (all?) here I hate Fallout 4 to guts no matter how much my elitist PC gaming cousin tells me not to judge it without playing it first to which I respond "if it looks like a turd, smells like a turd, I doubt it'll play like Dishonored."

I mainly made this account to get some very minor issues resolved I have with Fallout 1 & 2 which I just recently started playing for the first time. Technically I played Fallout 1 a few years back but didn't finish it.

Mainly aesthetic things and weird stuff I wanna try out with the game files is why I'm here but if I can hate on Fallout 4 while doing that SIGN ME UP BABY.

10. Valdetiosi

Valdetiosi It Wandered In From the Wastes

Jul 14, 2017
    thought I might as well make up this but here we go.

Hello this is Valdetiosi, or simply Valde. Fallout 3 was my gateway to the Fallout series and when my friend offered to play previous ones, I was first turned off by the isometric system and lack of action. Years to go on, I received New Vegas, appreciated it by being superior in gameplay and storyways and gave out try for previous Fallouts and came to like them.

I was a console player at the start, until at the time of having PS3 I realized that some games are on PC as well, which tempted me to switch over for the computer. I have collection of over two hundred games, ranging from Nintendo 8/16 bit classics to early and obscure PlayStation games. I still play with them every once in a while.

I actually didn't heard about NMA until years later of receiving New Vegas at 2015, thinking it was place to really, hate about anything. It didn't take longer than Arnust introducing me to this group, that prompted me to create up account and try to discuss about Fallout as much as possible.

11. MissNoir

MissNoir First time out of the vault

Aug 20, 2017
    Evenin' gents, mid if I sit a spell?

You can call me MissNoir or Noir if you like, if you don't that's fine too.

I fell in love with Fallout 4 and I'm currently tracking the others down. I'm a big 1930's geek and noir film lover. If you need something, I'll be in my corner listening to the radio.

12. Pwener

Aug 15, 2017
    Oh boy, you "fell in love" with Fallout 4? Oh boy, you picked a hell of a place, I'll say that.

13. MissNoir

Aug 20, 2017
    Haha I can see that. It had its problems no doubt, and enough plotholes to sink the Prydwen, but I thought all in all it was pretty good.

And also, Nick Valentine, John Hancock, and Codsworth being able to say my name kind of make me blind to most of those faults.:)

14. Atomkilla

Atomkilla Hazel Hegemon oTO Orderite

Dec 26, 2010
    As long as she doesn't go around telling how FO4 is superior in every way to originals and/or how originals suck or whatever, nobody will really give her a problem. Plenty of folks came here after FO3 (myself included) and nobody bothers them as long as they are not assholes. We still haven't had FO4 folks here which got converted tho.

15. Pwener

Aug 15, 2017
    I guess I'm still shaking off the preconceptions of this place. I'm actually surprised how grounded and mature people here are contrary to what I have heard over the years about this place.

I also hope you and I can start over Killa after our little... "clash" a few days ago. Bless.

16. MissNoir

Aug 20, 2017
    Takes a lot to ruffle my feathers, and I really dont care about which is the best or superior, I just like the games and leave it at that.:)

17. Atomkilla

Atomkilla Hazel Hegemon oTO Orderite

Dec 26, 2010
    NMA's bad rep is not baseless. This place was very toxic in Van Buren days - even before that - but once Fallout got killed for the first time by Interplay, people's patience went apeshit and this place was a cespool (I myself wasn't a witness, but I did read archives here or there). Bethesda fanboys came only later, when most people were just disappointed and nobody really gave a shit anymore.
    NMA can still be pretty harsh if you poke a hornet's nest, but most people here have been posting for years and are mature individuals. The only incidents that happen are with trolls and such who came around every so often.
    All in all, NMA is quite pleasant. I'm biased, obviously, I've been on this website almost every day for the past 7 years, but I can tell the good from the bad apples.

That being said, you should know The Order is not NMA, same rules don't apply down there.

As for the thing the other day, no worries. Shit like that happens all the time, but we all good around here.

That's fair.
    Anyway, welcome and enjoy your stay.

• [Like] [Like] x 2
  18. MissNoir

Aug 20, 2017
    Thanks, hope to make some new friends if I can.

19. Arnust

Arnust Maybe you've seen it, maybe, in a dream...

Feb 2, 2016
    Been a couple of pages, gonna drop the NMA Discord server invite again: https://discord.gg/HQDutJJ

Anywho, welcome fresh blood! I don't think you should have a bad time if you follow your common sense enough. We're all Fallout fans in the end. :D

20. Eeleye

Eeleye Outstanding

Aug 7, 2017
    Fallout 4 was my start, and I'm eternally grateful. I still play it quite a bit. I think you'll like three