Introduce yourself! AKA the "Say hello" thread

Discussion in 'General Discussion Forum' started by Brother None, Sep 4, 2003.

1. Kaitsar

Kaitsar First time out of the vault

Aug 27, 2017
    Hi folks, my name is Kaitsar, and I've been getting more into the original fallout games.

I played Fallout 3 a few times in the past 9 years, but I didn't start getting into it in earnest until I got it on steam last summer, and spent over a hundred hours and many long nights going through the game. Then I got New Vegas which was even better, and another time sink. Eventually, my interest in the lore was piqued and I bought Fallout 1 & 2. While the original games are hard as hell, and a bit clunky by modern standards, I am loving the lore and world design, as well as the huge map. I hope to be able to get into the rhythm of the originals more.

In real life, I live on the west coast of the US, and just got done training how to be a CNC machinist. For what it's worth, I can answer a lot of "how it's made" questions.

Overall, this looks like a fun community, and I am happy to be here.

• [Like] [Like] x 2
  2. Unorthodox Outlander

Unorthodox Outlander First time out of the vault

Aug 28, 2017
    Hello!... Right then, first off: I haven't actually played the games. Heresy given the fact that I actually joined this forum, I know, but I have taken a sort of interest in the general universe/lore of the game. Also been lurking around here for several months. It's been rather interesting (and frankly a bit amusing) reading some of the discussions on the fallout games and universe around here as well.

• [Like] [Like] x 1
  3. V.D.D.Williams

V.D.D.Williams First time out of the vault

Aug 29, 2017
    Hello there. My name is mildly convoluted, so I wont retype it here. Im a long time lurker in these here forums, and I finally decided to make an account.

Fallout credentials: Started by briefly playing Fallout New Vegas, then switched to Fallout 3 when I figured out the chronological order of the newer games, then went back to New Vegas. Played Fallout 1 after that. Planning to play 2 and Tactics eventually.

Other than that, Im a somewhat jaded skeptic with a cynical view on many things. Which, of course, includes Bethesda and the future of the Fallout franchise. So I will be trying to make meaningful contributions in other aspects (no promises on whether Ill actually succeed, though).

Cheers.

• [Like] [Like] x 1
  4. UnlimitedSprint

UnlimitedSprint First time out of the vault

Oct 5, 2017
    Hello all. 26 years old, first played Fallout 2 when I was 9, been in love with the series ever since. Managed to get my own copy of both 1 and 2 when I was 15, and played through them back to back. While I haven't played the original two in years (they really do not like my hardware), I have played through New Vegas twice (so far) and was in love how it recaptured the spirit of the classics. As expected, disliked 3, never played 4 and have no intention to, generally pretty damn bitter and cynical about the direction of gaming as a whole.

I have a Blogspot that I use as a side hobby where I write editorials on gaming in general, and after finishing one about how much Bethesda screwed over an aspect of Fallout I remembered this site and... here I am. I won't post it unless people actually want it, because I know that unsolicited self-promotion is a dick move.

So yeah hi.

• [Like] [Like] x 1
  5. Arnust

Arnust Maybe you've seen it, maybe, in a dream...

Feb 2, 2016
    Honestly, I'd just put it in a discrete signature so that you don't have to even mention it. So welcome!

On shameless promotions, let's refresh the Discord invite :lalala:

https://discord.gg/VgcmJCN

6. UnlimitedSprint

UnlimitedSprint First time out of the vault

Oct 5, 2017
    OK. It's there now if you want to check it out.

7. The Golden Mask

The Golden Mask First time out of the vault

Oct 12, 2017
    H͖̥͈e͍͖̪͍͔̯l̛̯l̲̻͉̥͎̻ò

8. MayonaiseCream

MayonaiseCream First time out of the vault

Nov 22, 2017
    Hello everyone, I am new to the forums. Glad to be here.

9. Mutant Screg

Mutant Screg Totally not a mutant

Jun 27, 2015
    Hey how's it going? Glad to have some fresh blood here! What're some things about yourself?

10. GuyManBot

GuyManBot First time out of the vault

Nov 26, 2017
    Hi. Newbie to forums. Have a history of staying on forums and then leaving for long periods of time.

11. Big Paulie

Big Paulie Kill them all!

Dec 3, 2017
    Hello all. New here. Been a big Fallout fan for a long time. Take care
    BP

• [Like] [Like] x 1
  12. limerick

limerick The Wisest Human, The Greatest Thinker

Dec 31, 2017
    im limerick. hi

13. Hassknecht

Hassknecht For hate's sake Admin Orderite

Aug 16, 2010
    There was a dude called himself Limerick
    His picture shows him with a boomstick
    the wisest man he claims to be
    the greatest thinker for all to see
    Yet he did not write us a limerick.

• [Like] [Like] x 6
  14. Fins

Fins It Wandered In From the Wastes

Dec 31, 2017
    Hi everybody.

I'm Fins, and i'm not new here. But it's been long time and i forgot exact login to NMA (was it Finsy or something?), so i just made a new one. I'm sure nobody missed me 'cause i'm extremely minor being as far as NMA goes. Probably will remain so, too. Other than playing (F1, F2, FT, F3, FNV, F4) through the years, i did very little. Few tips and hints here and there shared, couple videos in me youtube channel (things like 22-floor skyscraper in F4) and that's pretty much that.

But who knows how it'll be further on. What i know for sure, though, is that i am glad NMA remains true to itself through all the years. I respect it. Way to go!

• [Like] [Like] x 2
  15. Cellmember

Cellmember First time out of the vault

Feb 24, 2014
    Hi Everybody,

Me Cellmember, Me like Fallout, Me here.

NMA Best.

• [Like] [Like] x 1
  16. Crni Vuk

Crni Vuk M4A3 Oldfag oTO Orderite

Nov 25, 2008
    The invasion is finnish!

17. Atomkilla

Atomkilla Hazel Hegemon oTO Orderite

Dec 26, 2010
    Aren't karhus supposed to be hibernating?

18. Urban Predator

Urban Predator First time out of the vault

Jan 9, 2018
    Greetings all. Introducing me, The Urban Predator.

Been a fallout series fan since....scheisse!..since I downloaded a demo of fallout 1, and its never stopped since. Just bought fallout-tactics, first time I have actually PAID for a game in..Tartarus only knows how long since I BOUGT software at all...must have been a little kid when I last did that, s'teeth, it has been a looooong long time (used to have a free copy many years ago but my HD with that on went and buggered itself up)

I'm from sunny england, a Kanner's autie guy with a bent for biotech and chemistry, both organic and inorganic, specializing most of all in neuropsychopharmacology, with an interest in condensed matter physics and when I'm not relaxing with a nice folder of scientific journal article papers on this, that and the other subject, I've got a liking for symphonic doom, industrial and tech-metal as well as building various bits and pieces, experimenting in my lab, I like to let my hair down with videogames also, in particular, the fallout series and the X-com series, when I'm not tinkering in my lab (no, not grown any mutant armies yet, at least not of the kind that carry plasma weapons and wear heavy armor whilst intellectually resembling a carrot.)

Not yet, anyway.

Anyhow, thats my intro post. Thats me. Big fallout fan, the humor in particular. Although IMO tactics is somewhat lacking in the hilarity and comedy that are a big part of F1 and F2. Chem/bio/tech-punk, metalhead gothy looking bugger, spazz and proud, in summary.

There we go, my first speech after being dipped in the vats :)

• [Like] [Like] x 1
  19. Cellmember

Cellmember First time out of the vault

Feb 24, 2014
    Hmmm, Interesting, I just read all that in the Doctors voice. Welcome.

20. Urban Predator

Urban Predator First time out of the vault

Jan 9, 2018
    Cell member-Do you refer to the EMH on voyager, in star trek, voyager?

If so then...you are not altogether far from the mark, as the colloquialism goes. However in life, I resemble science officer Spock more than I do the EMH. I even have the pointy vulcan ears (that is not a joke), and follow a similar path with regards to logic vs emotion.

Too many humans are ruled by their emotions, and the worst of them are little more than puppets with emotion pulling their strings. It is disappointing to see what too many people have become, or perhaps, rather, have merely failed to evolve beyond.

Lets just say, when I read accounts of the 'autism epidemic' aside from the whole bit about my insides instinctively making a concerted effort to become 'outsides', with regards to the 'epidemic', it is pleasing to see the statistical figures, once balanced for bias factors, show an increase.

Now...one of these days I really ought to head to my lab (somewhat of a hobby of mine, biotech and chemistry in its various incarnations, whilst not what one could call a particularly emotional person, I do allow myself that much, one pride-and-joy in life) and cook up an NT-specific FEV, turn the whole world autistic overnight. Although coordinating the delivery with an instruction manual of sorts might be somewhat tricky on a worldwide scale :D (and yes, if I could be certain of the effect being exactly as intended, I would do it. Absofuckinglutely I would :P)

Not that I'd wish to end up as an equivalent of 'the master' minus the whole doom-esque flesh-walls and demons (in the modern sense of the word) running amok and eating people, to say nothing of ending up as a grotesque blob of tentacled meat which would make courteney love look attractive without..I'd say 'beer goggles' but in her case 'pint of vodka goggles' would be more appropriate.

Yup...people call me a mad scientist, friends and others alike, but I'm not. Well, I'm not mad, at any rate, just....people aren't used to encountering pointy-eared folk who tend to use the term 'illogical' rather more frequently than is encountered in common speech.

Not me thats mad, its every other bugger thats mental :D

Anyway, thats me, half-vulcan, spazz-tech (see what I did there? :P)
    and big time fallout-fan.