What was the Funniest Argument You've had with a Bethesda Apologist?

Discussion in 'General Fallout Discussion' started by FlashBash64, May 13, 2016.

1. ironmask

ironmask It Wandered In From the Wastes

Mar 10, 2018
    As long as fallout is in the hands of Bethesda then every fallout game will be about some vault dweller searching for a lost family member because fuck creativity and good writing they got money. We are talking about the company that makes every fucking elder scrolls game about a prisoner saving the world. The lead writer of Bethesda motto is literally "keep it simple".

• [Like] [Like] x 2
  2. scorptatious

scorptatious Ugly Mutant

Oct 8, 2012
    Fallout 9:

I’m missing my second cousin twice removed.

• [Like] [Like] x 3
  3. vitekc45c

vitekc45c First time out of the vault

Jul 20, 2014

4. TorontRayne

TorontRayne YOU CANNOT UNDERSTAND THIS TITLE Staff Member Moderator Orderite

Apr 1, 2005
    Fallout 6 is about Aliens from Mars invading Earth with a climactic battle on the long awaited Enclave Moon Base.

• [Like] [Like] x 1
  5. SMBComix

SMBComix First time out of the vault

Apr 22, 2014
    Keeping it simple isn't necessarily a bad stance to take. That being said, I really REALLY am tired of looking for family members. How about a *single-player* Fallout game where you exit the Vault into a brave new world where you can decide what you want to do with your life -- become a raider, try to form a settlement, join the goody-two-shoes ultimately fighting raiders and protecting said settlements, become a caravan guard, RUN a caravan, join the NCR, join Caesar's Legion, join the BOS (in a way similar to Fallout 1), or basically do what Mad Max does and do none of the above but be a simple wanderer just surviving day to day on the go. And all without the burden of a main quest to muddy the waters. Living in post apocalyptia -- THAT is your "main quest."

Sorry for the off-topic rant. Um. I dunno, I haven't had many arguments with Bethesda apologists. But I do find the folks who prefer Fallout 3 to New Vegas pretty damn funny.

Last edited: Aug 3, 2018
    • [Like] [Like] x 1
  6. TorontRayne

Apr 1, 2005
    No, that is a stupid Bethesda NuFallout LARPfest.

7. SMBComix

Apr 22, 2014
    And how the hell did you come to THAT conclusion, bub?

8. TorontRayne

Apr 1, 2005
    Because what you just described is the open ended walking simulator that Fallout 3 mods popularized.

• [Like] [Like] x 3
  9. Crni Vuk

Crni Vuk M4A3 Oldfag oTO Orderite

Nov 25, 2008

Story, no one's got time for that! We'll just use our ...

IMAGINATION!

• [Like] [Like] x 2
  10. SMBComix

Apr 22, 2014
    I don't see how. You get far more choice with what I proposed than you do with Fallout 3, which is what I thought we were supposed to promote here.

Imagination's a wonderful thing but I value not having to be online 24/7 in order to not miss something. That's why I quit MMOs.

11. Crni Vuk

Crni Vuk M4A3 Oldfag oTO Orderite

Nov 25, 2008
    You have to listen to Todd! It's not an MMO! Not at all! You can play with your self if you want to! It's like starting an online-shooter with no one in it.

Last edited: Aug 5, 2018
  12. Pwener

Pwener Tunnelers? They Don't Sound That Tough...

Aug 15, 2017
    They don't need to add NPCs either because modders with mediocre voice acting can do that. It'll be a great game.

13. TorontRayne

Apr 1, 2005
    Choice to the detriment of the main quest and storyline? No. Fallout is a RPG not a sandbox loot simulation with unlimited options...

• [Rad] [Rad] x 1
  14. UnlimitedSprint

UnlimitedSprint First time out of the vault

Oct 5, 2017
    Someone tried to convince me that Mothership Zeta's alien focus was okay because aliens were "already canon".

While that's true to an extent, they were certainly never shown to have anywhere near as mcuh of a presence as they did in MZ. And they sure as hell never had anything to do with The War starting.

15. Risewild

Risewild Half-way Through My Half-life
    Modder Orderite

Jun 14, 2014
    Aliens were never canon, though.

They were easter-eggs, and the devs of the classic games always said that easter-eggs were not canon. They even made the Fallout Bible to address what was canon and wasn't in Fallout 1 and 2. Also we never saw real aliens, only some deformed skeletons that could be humans with a mutation for all we know. While people will obviously say it was alien skeletons, the game doesn't say it. Which is different from MZ real aliens. :lmao:

But you try and tell that to people defending MZ aliens :eek:.

Last edited: Aug 12, 2018 at 1:36 PM
  16. CaptJ

CaptJ The Rival of Roquefort Hall

Jan 19, 2016
    I honestly don't care whether aliens were canon or not but they should never be tangentially related to anything important in the series. Just make them some jackasses that got lost in space.