What was the Funniest Argument You've had with a Bethesda Apologist?

Discussion in 'General Fallout Discussion' started by FlashBash64, May 13, 2016.

1. Risewild

Risewild Half-way Through My Half-life
    Modder Orderite

Jun 14, 2014
    I am pretty sure people got confused about the reviewer saying those things and not your wording. :drunk:

2. Jogre

Jogre It's all JO'Ger now

Oct 25, 2015
    It's like dark humour except for the fact that it's not dark humour, it's slapstick
    (This is basically turning in to aback and forth dialogue of one-upping each other in bethesda hatred now, but I just had to say this one)

Dark Humour is when you are laughing at what should be a serious unfortunate thing, and actually requires skill to do right.

Bethesda just throws in silly, whacky, over the top NPCs and anything they pass of as "Humour" is stupid cartoonish logic applied to a game they want us to take seriously.

There is nothing about Fallout 3's humour that makes it anywhere near being Dark Humour.

• [Like] [Like] x 2
  3. CaptJ

CaptJ The Rival of Roquefort Hall

Jan 19, 2016
    I thought that people would be less surprised that someone whose idea of a Catherine review is "anime is shit" with one Q*bert reference would be talking out his ass.

It clearly wants to be Dark Humor.

4. Black Angel

Black Angel Grand Inquisitor of the Ordo Hereticus

Mar 21, 2016
    No, I said that to you saying this:
    To Risewild. I'm sure entirely sure what does that first question meant, really. But the answer to that second question is just damn wrong. Risewild is a member of TTW team, and he's sure as hell played A LOT of New Vegas. But I see that those questions aren't actually directed at Risewild, but that you meant to address people who praised Fallout 3 and shunned at New Vegas, so sorry!

5. BigGuyCIA

BigGuyCIA Vault Dweller

Oct 26, 2016
    Is it ever implied that the developers care whether their interpretation of Fallout is taken seriously?

Like, legitimate question. There's only one guy at Bethesda who wants the game to be taken seriously (the guy who tried to salvage the vanilla game's story with Far Harbor). Maybe two - the guy who snuck in skill checks in that robot boat quest where they sail the boat into a building rather than into the river that connects to the ocean.

Last edited: Jan 5, 2018
  6. Risewild

Risewild Half-way Through My Half-life
    Modder Orderite

Jun 14, 2014
    I always thought that Far Harbor was just Bethesda's way of telling players "See? We could make the game with "skill checks" and all of that stuff many people want if we really wanted to. But we didn't. We're not incompetent. We just don't want the game to be like that, so deal with it!" :lmao:

• [Like] [Like] x 3
  7. Jogre

Oct 25, 2015
    I always thought Far Harbour was a way of saying "We've got to stop players from complaining about the lack of skill checks. Lets put the bare minimum amount of effort in to putting skill checks in this DLC and players will stop complaining" and it worked.

• [Like] [Like] x 1
  8. Crni Vuk

Crni Vuk M4A3 Oldfag oTO Orderite

Nov 25, 2008
    I always thought Bethesda employes stoped giving a fuck a long time ago in a gaming office far far away ...

• [Like] [Like] x 2
  9. BigGuyCIA

BigGuyCIA Vault Dweller

Oct 26, 2016
    It's probably a low-level writer who has some secret beef with upper-management, and he decided to put in all of the things they hate like some sort of final swan song.

10. Jogre

Oct 25, 2015
    So, r/Fallout no longer believes that Fallout 3 was the grimdark peak of the series.

Fallout 2 darkest.png

Still not quite understanding dark here Reddit, but better than last time.

Though there's still this guy:
    This guy isn't getting it.png

• [Like] [Like] x 7
    • [Rad] [Rad] x 1
  11. Black Angel

Black Angel Grand Inquisitor of the Ordo Hereticus

Mar 21, 2016
    Meh, should've gone for "not being able to kill children yet still able to enslave them."

12. MPPlantOfficial

MPPlantOfficial Still Mildly Glowing

Aug 24, 2017
    "Bethesda purposefully make their characters bland because the games were designed with us roleplayers in mind to fill in the blanks."

But don't you think that works against the company's favor if their target demographic is roleplayers and not the rest of the world?

"No. Also 'bland' is subjective."

13. Cobra Commander

Cobra Commander Water Chip? Been There, Done That

Dec 6, 2016
    Fallout 76 the darkest Fallout? RIGHT!!!

14. Norzan

Norzan Water Chip? Been There, Done That

Apr 7, 2017
    Oh good lord, that's one of the worst reviews i ever seen.

Granted, he's right about the game being released in a broken state, but then forgets that Fallout 3 was also buggy as shit at release. That's not an excuse for the state of NV at release, but don't use Fallout 3 of all things to compare the state of a game.

Holy shit, he complains about several npcs not having interaction with the player but forgets that also happens in Fallout 3 and games before Fallout 3. Not every NPC is going to be interactable.

Lol at him complaining about New Vegas not having level scaling.

And the cherry on top of this shit cake of a review: saying Bethesda had to step in to fix the bugs of NV. Bethesda were the ones that did playtesting and QA of NV, not Obsidian. And the hilarity of saying Bethesda fixes bugs when their games are still full of them, even after being heavily patched.

Last edited: Jun 21, 2018
  15. mef

mef Where'd That 6th Toe Come From?

Dec 29, 2014
    oh my

• [Like] [Like] x 1
  16. Bubblemindblow

Bubblemindblow Lost looking for the good old days

Mar 21, 2018
    This one is straight from YouTube

"Anyone who thinks FO4 is too much action and not enough RPG, go read a book."

17. AureliusofPhoenix

AureliusofPhoenix Centurion

Jun 25, 2018
    I'll be honest, I enjoyed Far Harbor more than the rest of FO4. Maybe it's because the "skill checks but not really" tricked me into thinking I was playing a good Fallout game.

18. Jogre

Oct 25, 2015
    Which book do you think has the best options for character creation?

19. Norzan

Norzan Water Chip? Been There, Done That

Apr 7, 2017
    Reading a book is a much better use of your time than playing Fallout 4.

• [Like] [Like] x 8
  20. Dionis

Dionis Nuclear Russia Modder

Aug 26, 2016
    I had no funny arguments with them, all their arguments are dumb, and stupidity is rarely funny... for me at least.