Separate names with a comma.
Discussion in 'Future Fallout Game Discussion' started by CT Phipps, Sep 27, 2016.
Your pessimism is warranted, but at least let others dream.
I don't like seeing others hurt by unwarranted optimism or false hope.
For Fallout 5 I honestly hope it never gets made. However I would very much enjoy seeing a developer other than Bethesda or someone bullied by Bethesda taking a crack at another Fallout game.
Being born and raised from the South. Anything in the south east coast/mid-west would do it in for me.
I believe the South would develop some nasty looking scenery along with nasty critters.
Plus, who wouldn't want to walk around in muck and hide away from giant radioactive Alligators/inbred Hillbillies?
If not that, Russia or even Australia.
Let's move away from the US and check out the rest of the world.
>move away from us
So just move away from what makes fallout fallout. K.
Honestly at this stage the best we can hope for is that it never happens or just doesn't for a long while. This series has been tarnished enough.
Nothing wrong with variety.
For some Wasteland bucks to stop obsessing with modifying power armours (Atom Cats) and to consider rebuilding and learning the mechanics of vehicles like motorcycles to escort caravans and such.
Seriously, we got a car in 2, why didn't the latter games consider giving you some sort of engineering capability so you could make your own motorcycle or car from scratch? If they can reverse engineer military vertibirds to work there is really no reason for a lack of land vehicles.
So I guess I should do a bit more realistic wishlist to steer Fallout back into the right direction, somewhat...
1. Voice Acting
I really doubt they'll move back to a non-voiced NPC so a middleground would be this: A smaller scoped game in terms of the NPC's (quality over quantity) and then make dialogue a bit more like Alpha Protocol or something along those lines. Where each dialogue option out of the four really does matter in terms of how the NPC will react to you.
2. Flesh Out The Perks
It's obvious that they are really not interested in skills or stats anymore and want to go away from all the numbers. Fine. If that's what they gotta do then at the very least keep the perk system and flesh it out a bit more so that it truly feels like a replacement for what was left behind. Hell, it can even offer up some new "skills" that might not have been feasible before. With a perk system like this the skills you have at your disposal can be a bit more defined. Like being able to disarm traps, or climbing, or pickpocketing, or sneaking or assassinations. Hell, done right you could even add in a "juggling" perk. If this is the way they want to go then at the very least make the most out of it to make up for the lack of proper skills and stats.
I'm flabbergasted that they still haven't learned to not just lazily bombard the players with damage sponge enemies. Fix it.
4. New Engine
I don't think I need to say a whole lot about this. They need a new engine and that's final.
If they aren't going to fire Emil then they are the very least has to hire better writers. Has a single Bethesda game since Morrowind been praised for its writing?
- Avellone as head writter. Particularly I would prefer John Gonzalez, but he already has a job elsewhere. He wrote that game with a generic red hair tribal girl who fight machines with a bow in playstation.
- that has a director who is not Toddler Howard.
- a city that is not one of the east coast. That place sucks. time to start brand new and forget all about the other tittles. Just like elder scrolls.
- if you gonna make a Fallout game, just do it. Dont try to make a bizarre mix of Far Cry/Mass Effect/Boderlands.
- dont do bethesda's things, like start in a vault because Fallout 1, or look for a missing member of your family, or put musics only related with atomic war or radiation, or bullet sponges, or silly weapons, or bad jokes, or BoS as main faction, or nuka cola and vaults everywhere, or pre war references every 2 meters, or H.P Lovecraft things, or players jack of all trades, or further dampen RPG mechanics, or.......well, I can continue this for the rest of the day, but ou got it.
- Bethesda to go bankrupt during Development.
- All documentation on the license to be lost in a fire.
That's my updated wishlist.
For this game to not exist if it's going to be made by Bethesda only.
For everything to not be anywhere near as hard-coded, so that it's easier to make something decent from the inevitable mess that Bethesda leaves behind.
A.K.A. Make it easier to put the assets to work for overhaul mods.
The secret is to go into Bethesda titles with the lowest possible expectations:
That's it. You will get your money's worth.
People are already asking for F5. Since Bethesda stupidly decided to not churn out DLC or content for it, thinking that paid-mod thing would become their moneymaker, I think a new fallout might be announced either next year or in 2020.
They did churn out DLC for it, they released more DLC for this than for FO3 and New Vegas, it's just that it was all so bad and piece meal, and so expensive that it didn't hold anyone's attention for long.
They have to release a TES game before a new fallout game, though.
TES is always more popular than Fallout games, so if they sold so many Fallout 4 copies, they will probably sell even more if it is The Elder Scrolls VI.