A first look at Magic the Gathering - Fallout. Available March 8, 2024

I understand, but it’s not like they used that character model for the art on any other cards (to my knowledge). Could’ve at least gave him longer hair and a 10mm SMG.

Not that any of this matters, of course.
Yeah I get that but I imagine if I wasn't super into Fallout and was asked to paint/draw this dude and I found out there's an "official" artwork and there's a sprite that was used for many characters, I'd likely go with the former as well is all.

This is undeniable, but it's fun to speculate. I'm mainly just digging the art.
Some of it is good! A lot of MTG art is good though it has its variance of course. Some of it... not so much.
Nuka-Nuke Launcher looks weird and it's probably because it was edited or requested to be edited to show the super mutant's face after the painting was done. But it just looks weird to hold it like that.
68d5835b-c206-4884-bdcf-38c7cdc703f4.jpg

Also, I kinda dig the Power Fist card. It is silly and whatnot but not in the ways I dislike for Fallout. And I think the artist did a good job of capturing the essence of that. Because, yeah you can wear a vault suit and punch a deathclaw but you better be doing some damage while avoiding getting hit on your way in lmao.
9e8f7fbc-bf2a-43c1-a88d-807c1e7dab69.jpg

Also if you give a shit about numbers I decided to pick out which cards are heavily or directly referencing which games.
These are my totals:
Fallout = 15
Fallout 2 = 7
Fallout Tactics = 1
Fallout 3 = 33 (add 7 if you want to count the S.P.E.C.I.A.L. Bobbleheads)
Fallout: New Vegas = 56
Fallout 4 = 56
Fallout 76 = 24

One or two land cards definitely depict 4 or 76 but I can't tell which so I didn't include that in their totals and some of what I consider counting for what could be up for debate or difference of opinion. But that's the rough spread. This includes reprints with Fallout art and brand new cards. If it didn't have flavor text or some obvious indicator it could only be from a certain game, I didn't include it either. Some things like the Nuka Nuke Launcher I include in Fallout 3 since it was iconic for that game and other similar cards got counted similarly. Some I counted for more than one game (Marcus and Marcus related cards for FO2 and NV, Crimson Caravan for 1 and NV, etc).

Also notable that while 76 has almost as many cards as 3, most of the 76 ones are lands with 11 being lands and 3 of the nonlands being cards that interact directly and only with lands.

With 146 new cards and 172 reprints for a total of 318 and I attributed 192 cards above, 7 more with Bobbleheads, and 2 more that I couldn't definitely attribute to one game or another. But there's also repeats but excluding those which I think there were 5 cards that got counted twice, leaves 196 cards I feel specifically call to one (or two games) with the remaining 122 being more "generic" to the franchise.

Last edited:
I loved the Marvel Snap card game. 200 plus hours and I never spent a cent. Then it went to total scummy shit.

Also if you give a shit about numbers I decided to pick out which cards are heavily or directly referencing which games.
These are my totals:
Fallout = 15
Fallout 2 = 7
Fallout Tactics = 1
Fallout 3 = 33 (add 7 if you want to count the S.P.E.C.I.A.L. Bobbleheads)
Fallout: New Vegas = 56
Fallout 4 = 56
Fallout 76 = 24
Wow, not even once was Fallout: Brotherhood of Steel was even acknowledged/mentioned. YIKES! Well, better drink some Bawls Guarana to soothe the pain eh? @Bawls Lover ;) :-D

Oh, and even though it was only acknowledged/mentioned once, at least Fallout Tactics has a card dedicated to it. Which as I've said before, is a huge W in my book!

:clap: :clap: :clap: :ok:

Mhm I wouldn't mind if they made a mobile or just a steam version of it.
There is Magic the Gathering Online that almost replicates the paper experience (outside of not EVERY card ever being available but most are and a few rules they somehow could never seem to implement properly but they're niche and corner cases though it's frustrating that it technically effects a specific board state in a meta deck in a popular format) and there's Magic Arena which is more video game-ified Magic. You can spend real money in both but you can't trade in Arena but you open packs and get wildcards for doing so which can craft 1:1 a card of that wildcard's rarity. I've spent 5 bucks on Arena and currently have multiple valid constructed decks and a current off-meta but viable Standard deck and I can play like 15+ games of draft without spending money. Arena is good for the free to play aspect, Online is for the invested and competitive player. Fallout cards likely aren't coming to Arena but will probably find the non-reprints on MTGO someday.

I loved the Marvel Snap card game. 200 plus hours and I never spent a cent. Then it went to total scummy shit.
Never got around to playing it. Sad to hear they over-monetized it. Magic is often over-monetized but there's a balancing act of sunk-cost invested players, good design and value, and then all the other nasty shit they do with it so it's hard for me to quit but I also just don't buy a whole lot outside of single cards I need these days. Always try to buy the sealed products at a local shop when I do buy something like that though.

Wow, not even once was Fallout: Brotherhood of Steel was even acknowledged/mentioned. YIKES! Well, better drink some Bawls Guarana to soothe the pain eh? @Bawls Lover ;) :-D

Oh, and even though it was only acknowledged/mentioned once, at least Fallout Tactics has a card dedicated to it. Which as I've said before, is a huge W in my book!

:clap: :clap: :clap: :ok:
Not shocked that game got no mentions, it's a stain in old and new fans eyes. Tactics might be disliked by many but I reckon most players are neutral towards it and some even enjoy it for what it was while BoS was a bad Baldur's Gate Dark Alliance even if you ignored how stupid it was with its Fallout aesthetics and setting. I'm happy to see Tactics get at least a card. Not shocked 4 and NV get the most cards though as 4 is the one Bethesda seems to be the most proud of and NV is the obvious fan favorite and I guess a "cult classic" or some such shit at this point. A lot of old and new fans agree on it and it will remain popular for a long time for that reason until Bethesda actually gets someone in their doors to do something like that again. Or they just ignore it and settle with the current fans of the series.

Can someone please tell me that I'm not the only one to remember this parody in Fallout 2?:
img_1710964809145.jpg

Tragic The Garnering folks! Tragic The Garnering.

It seems that things have come full circle huh? Who would've thought of this ever occuring.
I wonder what those who added the joke in FO2 are thinking right now? :confused:
;) :roffle:

:ok: :-)

Back