Adapting Van Buren (Workshop - Complete on Page 30)

I think this is a fitting theme for Uncle Sam (and would signal the arrival of one of his Eyebot squadrons)

I feel Red Menace should have a theme/motif but I'm not sure what.

obvious epic bacon reddit answer is the Soviet anthem, though that's clearly too on the nose

Yeah I was something russian in motif but not literal red army music, especially since he's equally meant to be Chinese. So something that evokes the communist bloc broadly.

How about this

Or simply

Last edited:
Yeah I was something russian in motif but not literal red army music, especially since he's equally meant to be Chinese. So something that evokes the communist bloc broadly.

How about this

Or simply

I think between the two I'd probably prefer Dance of the Knights, the PLA march is a tad too upbeat. Though go for the full orchestral not just this string version

Just while we're on the subject of music, this si something I thought of a few months ago when we were having that talk about Swords-and-Sandals overtones for the Legion.

Perfect vibe setter for the Legion - frantic and frightening, calling back to the Colosseums of Rome with a sci-fi twist, as well as a certain primordial barbarity about it. I think it works as Legion music generally, but considering the context it could maybe be the overture for the Flagstaff arena. Or m

Just while we're on the subject of music, this si something I thought of a few months ago when we were having that talk about Swords-and-Sandals overtones for the Legion.

Perfect vibe setter for the Legion - frantic and frightening, calling back to the Colosseums of Rome with a sci-fi twist, as well as a certain primordial barbarity about it. I think it works as Legion music generally, but considering the context it could maybe be the overture for the Flagstaff arena. Or m

Yes I agree I quite like the faux-roman Hollywood themes for the Legion although what you posted screams "Legionary recruit being forced to fight a huge Radscorpion in the Flagstaff arena as his superiors watch on"

I think the more sword and board-y stuff also conveys a more optimistic birth of a new empire tone than the sinister imperial horde at war theme we get in New Vegas

Hello Atomic Postman,

I'm sorry that I have not given you any feedback yet.
It is just that I have been very depressed lately, and at the moment I also have to deal with the fact that my cat Lapke is dying.
In these coming days I will have to make the hard decision on how long I want this to go on:(

Here's my first big batch of new 'minor' icons. Obviously most of these don't work for a map at all. So if you want to use them, you'd probably use em for the PDF. Or don't use them at all, all that matters is I had fun making them. Same will probably go for all the icons I make from this point forward.

Welcome to New Canaan.png

New Canaan Entrance Sign, wall not pictured. Based on

25x48fg4ox421.jpg

Salt Lake Temple Ruins.png

Temple Square Ruins. The statue of Moroni made me think I might want to replace the Jesus map icon vault boy with a trumpeting Moroni vault boy at some point.

Eagle Rock Airlines.png

Eagle Rock Airlines Ticket, with fancy E's considering the potential Poseidon connection.

Dusty's Desires.png

Dusty's Desires Sign

Easy Rest Hotel.png

Easy Rest Hotel Sign

Bob's Bits.png

Bob's Bits Sign
, scrawled on a looted tombstone

Promontory Point Golden Spike.png

Promontory Point Golden Spike

Probably should take a break from the icon making for a little bit after this, doing so much wmonotonous work will drive me crazy, but I just can't help myself!

Also, just an idle thought I had while re-reading the Salt Lake posts as a potential new enemy type: Piranha Locust.

Hello Atomic Postman,

I'm sorry that I have not given you any feedback yet.
It is just that I have been very depressed lately, and at the moment I also have to deal with the fact that my cat Lapke is dying.
In these coming days I will have to make the hard decision on how long I want this to go on:(
Stick with it, man

Here's my first big batch of new 'minor' icons. Obviously most of these don't work for a map at all. So if you want to use them, you'd probably use em for the PDF. Or don't use them at all, all that matters is I had fun making them. Same will probably go for all the icons I make from this point forward.

View attachment 20009

New Canaan Entrance Sign, wall not pictured. Based on

View attachment 20010

View attachment 20011

Temple Square Ruins. The statue of Moroni made me think I might want to replace the Jesus map icon vault boy with a trumpeting Moroni vault boy at some point.

View attachment 20012

Eagle Rock Airlines Ticket, with fancy E's considering the potential Poseidon connection.

View attachment 20013

Dusty's Desires Sign

View attachment 20014

Easy Rest Hotel Sign

View attachment 20015

Bob's Bits Sign
, scrawled on a looted tombstone

View attachment 20016

Promontory Point Golden Spike

Probably should take a break from the icon making for a little bit after this, doing so much wmonotonous work will drive me crazy, but I just can't help myself!

Also, just an idle thought I had while re-reading the Salt Lake posts as a potential new enemy type: Piranha Locust.

Stick with it, man

Once again incredible work, although you misspelled New Canaan! I love the "No Mormons" absolutely brilliant stuff man. Bringing it all to life!

And yes I will use them for the PDF

Also I've got two German digital illustrators working on the map, should get the first chunks of the work within the next few days.

I think the plan will be to have a fully marked out map using your icons for the PDF and my own usage as a GM, and then print out a blank version for the players.

Also I've got two German digital illustrators working on the map, should get the first chunks of the work within the next few days.

I think the plan will be to have a fully marked out map using your icons for the PDF and my own usage as a GM, and then print out a blank version for the players.
If you want to go really crazy, you could print out tokens or something on paperboard or whatever and put them down on the player map as they uncover locations. Though from a practicalty stand point you could only do this for the major locations, as the minor NV style icons would be too small and too numerous to not be very annoying. But also it seems like you've already burned a significant amount of money on this project, so probably not worth it to waste more on these coasters when you just telling the players where locations are would do perfectly fine.

Any thoughts on the piranha-locust idea?

800px-Beginningoftheend.jpg

If you want to go really crazy, you could print out tokens or something on paperboard or whatever and put them down on the player map as they uncover locations. Though from a practicalty stand point you could only do this for the major locations, as the minor NV style icons would be too small and too numerous to not be very annoying. But also it seems like you've already burned a significant amount of money on this project, so probably not worth it to waste more on these coasters when you just telling the players where locations are would do perfectly fine.

Any thoughts on the piranha-locust idea?

800px-Beginningoftheend.jpg

The tokens would be easily done as printed paper but I think the players get nice satisfaction from drawing on stuff themselves - they did with my prior campaign map at least.

I actually think the piranha locusts could work as an encounter based on something that happened to me in real life in the Bonneville Salt Flats. We'd parked up our car in the salt Wasteland and then suddenly these bugs just start rising and emerging from the white salt. At first a few, then out of nowhere there was swarms of them jumping out of the white salt - we ended up retreating to the car.

So that but man-eating locusts. Maybe that's what the White Legs eat.

The tokens would be easily done as printed paper but I think the players get nice satisfaction from drawing on stuff themselves - they did with my prior campaign map at least.

I actually think the piranha locusts could work as an encounter based on something that happened to me in real life in the Bonneville Salt Flats. We'd parked up our car in the salt Wasteland and then suddenly these bugs just start rising and emerging from the white salt. At first a few, then out of nowhere there was swarms of them jumping out of the white salt - we ended up retreating to the car.

So that but man-eating locusts. Maybe that's what the White Legs eat.
Were they locust/crickets or some unidentified bug? From what I can recall there's a crazy amount of flies around the Great Salt Lake.

But I'm glad to hear you like the idea. It has a biblical vibe to it which fits the region I think. Also the White Legs eating them is a great touch, eating a symbol of corruption for a corrupted people.

Were they locust/crickets or some unidentified bug? From what I can recall there's a crazy amount of flies around the Great Salt Lake.

But I'm glad to hear you like the idea. It has a biblical vibe to it which fits the region I think. Also the White Legs eating them is a great touch, eating a symbol of corruption for a corrupted people.

They looked like green shiny scarab beetle things.

And yeah also adds to their bestial scavenger nature too. How lowly they are before Ulysses gives them their taste of glory.

Commemorative-coin_.gif

radscout3.JPG

BrotherhoodFireBrand.JPG

*Obviously this belongs to Norman Rockwell...

NUKA1_zpsf0a600ab.JPG

*Obviously this belongs to Coca~Cola...

Last edited:
Special 4th July lore post
Sgt. Granite and his Squad
FO02-NPC-Power-Armor.png

On the Oil Rig, Granite and his men were never ardent believers in the cause. They were just GIs doing their job. When things started looking real bad, they came face to face with the Tribal who'd set it all off. The Stars and Stripes were going the way of the Dodo, were they going to go down with the ship?

Hell no they weren't. That dickhead Richardson wasn't worth dying over.

When they got back to San Francisco, they bid the Tribal and his many buddies adieu (one of his men had to be peeled away from a tribal he was sure he was a couple drinks in a Shi Bar from winning over). Unsure of where to go, they headed to Navarro where the rest of the survivors gathered.

Navarro was an odd place after the Oil Rig, you had the disaffected, the vengeful and the dutiful who still believed they were waiting for the President to give them orders. Still, for now, it was home.

That was until the late 2240s, when the New California Republic and the Brotherhood of Steel laid siege to the place. It wasn't a fight they were going to win, and Granite saw the forest for the trees as the evac siren called. He gathered his old squad, they took one of the vertibirds and set off. With nothing to stop them and nobody to answer to anymore they believed they deserved a bit of rec time: The Bahamas. Sipping Rum and Nuka-Cola on some beach and letting their armor rust.

Damage from stray Brotherhood rockets put an end to that plan, however, as their Vertibird came crashing down in Eastern Arizona.

628wlxtcx5c41-1.jpg

The Vertibird was crap. Too much damage, they didn't have the unique parts to repair it. They marked the location for safe keeping and went marching.

By 2253 they've been working as high paid mercenaries in Phoenix, mostly protecting one of the most powerful ruling tribes. They've put ends to tribal gang wars, singlehandedly stopped an incoming Deathclaw Migration and to this day they claim they put a goddamn alien in the ground north of Two Sun.

If the Prisoners help Signal-Listener hail a call, they end up wandering their way up to Fort Hope. Sticking around, they'll clue Signal-Listener and the Prisoners on their plan to get the Vertibird working again. But they need the parts. In payment if the Prisoners do the legwork they'll trade them a Plasma Caster and stocks of ammunition. Plus, they need any help before they leave for the Bahamas, they'll fly in for a bit of run and gun. If not, they'll set out on their own.

Jenkins, one of the squaddies, has already collected some of the necessary parts. But two vital components are required, and he's got ideas where they can be found:

Component #1: Utah Testing Range
Component #2: Denver International Airport

The Utah Testing Range is a dungeon I mentioned previously in the Texas thread: a nest of biologically modified mutant giant mosquitoes that use humans as zombified hosts, digging into a nest of cryogenically frozen US Army Soldiers.

Pretty ashamed I didn't think of anything to do with Denver International. Are you writing up a post on it and that's why you didn't elaborate, or is it just a standard dungeon?

Back