After the ending... What is there to do?

I find it hilarious how the Railroad faction quest is literary just doing the Institute quest while checking after checking up with 1 NPC and waiting for Father to order you to kill them. Talk about laziness.

To be fair, if they did that while the rest of the game had actual depth and effort put into it, and if other faction questlines actually had some differences, that would've been fine. That's how an undercover operation works.

I just wish we had more pro-Railroad influence we could've used to affect the quests, like having the Railroad themselves intervene with the raider Gabriel, or anything that would make your Railroad affiliations feel like they actually matter.

The Institute could have been handled so much better. What I would give for them being a group of independent scientists that before the war aimed on studies to better the human race. Many knew about the upcoming war and so made provisions to continue their research, hopefully finishing it and then spreading it to Humans after the apocalypse. When the time did come and they opened up to other societies they were met with suspicion and sometimes violence. Their purpose floundered as they found that their original plan could not work with the hostility. You find them, undecided and hated for their sometimes failed experiments. The player can then support the various mini-factions fighting for control of the group.

After I finished the main quest, I wandered around and discovered any locations I missed. The loot was pointless and the enemies were all very easy by this point, but it was fun to discover new locations (and occasionally new side quests) and fill out the blank areas of the map. There are also some very minor changes in the post-game world to see, like synths hanging out in Diamond City under the Institute's flag if you chose the Institute ending. Other than that, I just finished working on my settlement and got my character ready for the DLC.

@Okolonan re: synths in DiCit ... I noticed a synth stood by the merchants as well as others strolling about, and when I approached that woman merchant (forget her name) she yelled at me "No synths here!"

Woo, great scripting strikes another win.

@Okolonan re: synths in DiCit ... I noticed a synth stood by the merchants as well as others strolling about, and when I approached that woman merchant (forget her name) she yelled at me "No synths here!"

Woo, great scripting strikes another win.

They probably keep her as a pet. You know, to remind them of the good ol days when Diamond city was stupid.

I started a new game, play on "survival," glitched up my levels (XB1), turned hud opacity to only 1 tic, no power armor use, only use pistols, and started building settlements hardcore. That's all I do now, make big cool realistic settlements with the memory glitch, and venture out for resources and bullshit, killing all who is in my way, ignoring all and any narrative, and playing out quests as just jobs I got hired for. that's the best it gets trust me. The only way I can forget and get lost in the world is to build my own cause bethesda didn't do it. Its only fun cause I have to make it myself glitching their dumbass design, and it's not bad, but I get the credit, not them. If they had it their way I'd only be able to build a building and a half before memory runs out.

Tip: make that castle place into a prison, send preston there and give him raggy ass settler clothes.

Last edited:
When Preston returns he will be a ghoul who got stuck in a refrigerator for 130 years.

When GECK comes out I am tempted of making a mod that will make Preston being abducted by aliens and probed for the rest of his life! Maybe with the alien probing saying something like "I've got something a bit different for you".

10/10 Best mod forever.

When GECK comes out I am tempted of making a mod that will make Preston being abducted by aliens and probed for the rest of his life! Maybe with the alien probing saying something like "I've got something a bit different for you".

10/10 Best mod forever.

Hopefully that becomes the first Fallout 4 DLC.

Play a different game. That's what people do after finishing games. Either that or replay it, but I'm guessing that's a no.
Moved on to Underrail. Finished that too. Replaying Civ V and Nuclear Throne. Way more enjoyable than Fallout 4.

Back