After the ending... What is there to do?

I just realized. It's entirely they go to space, due to very little changes of the navigational flight plan during the quest. This means that it will probably go the original planned route into space.

Jason Bright & co. could have already programmed their coordinates while they were hanging around in the REPCONN building since presumably they knew where they were going long before they were capable of getting there, you just can make an alteration to the course so they get closer to their intended target.

As an aside, considering the topic of the thread, does anybody else think that the notion of "you can do stuff after the ending" to be kind of intrinsically weird? Like it's fine if you want to tell other stories set after the end of the game in add-on content (e.g. Throne of Bhaal after BG2), but it seems bizarre to expect the story to contain more things after the story has finished. Like if there's more the writers want to get in there, they could just put it before the ending.

After end is cool when done right. Like, settlements and people change depending on choices.

Also I think a DLC like LR fits being post-end rather than pre-end.

After end is cool when done right. Like, settlements and people change depending on choices.

Also I think a DLC like LR fits being post-end rather than pre-end.

I think part of the point of Lonesome Road though was to take a player who goes into the divide with a specific idea about who should rule Vegas and then challenge them on the sincerity of their beliefs. The execution was hit and miss, but something like that is a good idea and you can only do it before the end.

Also the threat of "cutting off the NCR's supply lines" is the sort of thing that only works as a threat if the Legion hasn't been routed yet.

I think part of the point of Lonesome Road though was to take a player who goes into the divide with a specific idea about who should rule Vegas and then challenge them on the sincerity of their beliefs. The execution was hit and miss, but something like that is a good idea and you can only do it before the end.

Also the threat of "cutting off the NCR's supply lines" is the sort of thing that only works as a threat if the Legion hasn't been routed yet.

Yeah, that's a good point. Though it can also work after the end. Sort of like "Hah. You just discovered the side you chose is bad and wrong! And nope, you can't change history, see ya!" To be honest, I usually do LR after I finished everything else, then return to the Divide, talk to Ulysses, ask him about history, etc and then trigger the final fight at Hoover Dam.

That too is another point. Hmm.. And it wouldn't work well if you nuked the faction you chose. Or Mr. House, since you end up messing his plans and calculations. (that would work as an interesting false ending though. You mess up House's plans, you get forcibly exiled out of the Mojave and roll credits. Also, you have nowhere else to go. The East is messed up and Shady Sands... well. The game does say you also nuke lands of the factions you target)

It still eludes what is even the point of after ending gameplay on a game like Fallout. You already got your endings, what are you going to do next? Complete unifished quests? Why not just reload before the end game so those can play into your ending? Why even play "uncompleted quests" for anyway? You already solved the main conflict, what's even the point of leveling anymore? Just re roll another character and try a different build/gender/choices....

It still eludes what is even the point of after ending gameplay on a game like Fallout. You already got your endings, what are you going to do next? Complete unifished quests? Why not just reload before the end game so those can play into your ending? Why even play "uncompleted quests" for anyway? You already solved the main conflict, what's even the point of leveling anymore? Just re roll another character and try a different build/gender/choices....

I think you mostly hear "I want to play after the end" for people who are in this for the whole "power fantasy" angle, and maybe even though the story is finished they haven't gotten enough of being able to express their mastery over the setting and feeling powerful.

So starting a new game doesn't really scratch that itch, because you have to gain a few levels and get better gear before you feel powerful again.

I get why people feel this way, but I also don't really think they should just get what they want all the time. Though I suppose "getting what you want all the time" is part of what they want...

Some of those people also act as if things having an ending is somehow a flaw... I guess some people just don't know when to let go...

They want to continue playing to continue "roleplaying" that character. I remember back on the Beth forums people would play "dead is dead" characters(for dat immersion) and avoid doing the main quest to "roleplay" their character without having to do anything involving narrative and just make it up in their heads until they finish a character months later.

I like having an ending to complete a character's story, if it's like a game like Skyrim or Fallout 4 it's pointless to continue playing on as I don't care for power fantasies. I find leveling afterwards pointless since there's nothing to do, I normally complete any side quests my character can participate in so that's pointless, and killing enemies can only be enjoyable for so long.

I always find it satisfying that after finishing a Fallout 1 and 2 playthrough, I'm shown ending slides that show what happened depending on my actions or if I didn't anything at all.

They want to continue playing to continue "roleplaying" that character. I remember back on the Beth forums people would play "dead is dead" characters(for dat immersion) and avoid doing the main quest to "roleplay" their character without having to do anything involving narrative and just make it up in their heads until they finish a character months later.

I like having an ending to complete a character's story, if it's like a game like Skyrim or Fallout 4 it's pointless to continue playing on as I don't care for power fantasies. I find leveling afterwards pointless since there's nothing to do, I normally complete any side quests my character can participate in so that's pointless, and killing enemies can only be enjoyable for so long.

I always find it satisfying that after finishing a Fallout 1 and 2 playthrough, I'm shown ending slides that show what happened depending on my actions or if I didn't anything at all.

I generally get sucked in to the main story and finish it before I have done alot of side quests and exploration. I get around to it on the 2nd playthrough but I dont think fallout 4 is getting a second playthrough until 2017

I generally get sucked in to the main story and finish it before I have done alot of side quests and exploration. I get around to it on the 2nd playthrough but I dont think fallout 4 is getting a second playthrough until 2017
What are you waiting for to release before you play it again? I'm not playing through it again until the "Kit needed to make in depth mods necessary to get some kind of sick enjoyment out of the game" is released so I can install 200 mods like I did with Skyrim then click the "delete local content" option under Fallout 4 feeling regret that I played it in the first place...no wait I already feel regret right now.

What are you waiting for to release before you play it again? I'm not playing through it again until the "Kit needed to make in depth mods necessary to get some kind of sick enjoyment out of the game" is released so I can install 200 mods like I did with Skyrim then click the "delete local content" option under Fallout 4 feeling regret that I played it in the first place...no wait I already feel regret right now.

Nothing, I just dont think ill be able to bring myself to play it again until then

I just realized. It's entirely they go to space, due to very little changes of the navigational flight plan during the quest. This means that it will probably go the original planned route into space.

By coincidence someone on a different forum I hang around mentioned that in the ending credits (I think both NCR and Legion ending) it says some of the them return from their long pilgrimage to help Novac from being conquered or something like that.

By coincidence someone on a different forum I hang around mentioned that in the ending credits (I think both NCR and Legion ending) it says some of the them return from their long pilgrimage to help Novac from being conquered or something like that.

It's somewhat ambiguous though since it's not confirmed that everybody who could be constituted a "Bright Follower" went in the rocket. You find their corpses scattered around the Mojave, so it's entirely conceivable that a "pilgrimage" need not involve a rocket ship.

Only the Legion ending says "From their pilgrimage", the other three just say "In the weeks that followed, several Bright Followers returned to Novac to help restore its defenses", and the Legion ending is almost assuredly non-canonical.

But even skyrim and Oblivion you could run through the MQ and still have factions, FO4 wraps everything into that shit MQ making it impossible to do anything outside of a few faction quests and infinite supply of radiant crap without progressing the MQ; hell the BOS doesn't even really show up until you kill Kellogg. Say what you want about Bethesda but FO4 is completely against anything they have done before in an open world, and even a lot of their diehard fans are jumping ship after this one.

But even skyrim and Oblivion you could run through the MQ and still have factions, FO4 wraps everything into that shit MQ making it impossible to do anything outside of a few faction quests and infinite supply of radiant crap without progressing the MQ; hell the BOS doesn't even really show up until you kill Kellogg. Say what you want about Bethesda but FO4 is completely against anything they have done before in an open world, and even a lot of their diehard fans are jumping ship after this one.
With Skyrim you become leader of whatever after a select few quests depending on the faction. Like the companions questline, you become part of this "special" circle after a couple quests yet the new dark elf recruit doesn't get in even though he was there before you? It's ridiculous, but I understand what you mean(I haven't played Oblivion for years so I can't comment).

I find it hilarious how the Railroad faction quest is literary just doing the Institute quest while checking after checking up with 1 NPC and waiting for Father to order you to kill them. Talk about laziness.

Back