Any chance for Van Buren? Ever?

Killerrabbit said:
Personally I think Fallout 3 is worth checking out, but you might get quite negative answers here, NMA forums is apparently quite anti Fallout 3 so to say

Thats because fallout3 fails as an FPS, fails as an RPG, and rapes the fallout universe without the courtesy of offering a reacharound.

Every single thing fallout 3 offers has been done better elsewhere with more humilty.

If you want a good NEW fallout experience, I would suggest the mega mod or the Restoration project.

hey,
if it' s true that Van Buren was about 95% done,
who have or where are files and data? If it's true
the engine have bethesda, maybe some high skilled person try to hack their computers and steal it. Van Buren must not die !!!

The game engine was 95% done, not the game it self, and dammit Fallout 3 doesn't fail at all, I think you fail for not liking it but that's just me. And yes I have played Fallout 1, I have yet to play F2, I'm waiting for it to be shipped to me :P

well anyways I would love to see Van Buren Officially released, I have the tech demo but I get some shitty error every time I run it.

I strongly disagree, but hey I could care less if you hate Fallout 3, I just wish everyone would stop saying Fallout is dead, because from what I have seen here it is far from dead.

Saying that Fallout isn't dead because we have Fallout 3 is like saying that a Super Mutant is the same person as before they were dipped. Fallout 3 is reminiscent of the originals, but it's a horrible bastardisation of the franchise. Fallout as we knew and loved is dead.

Personally I couldn't give a shit what you say about Fallout 3 or what anyone else says, Fallout 3 is exactly what the franchise needed after that piece of shit BOS.

back on topic, I get this error "Failed to create D3DDevice (8876086c)" I have checked everywhere but I can't find a solution, anyone care to point me in the right direction.

I wouldn't say that a shallow first person shooter is "exactly what the franchise needed". Sure, Fallout 3 is better than BOS, but that doesn't mean it's a great game. It's an alright game if you can see through all the flaws, but it's a horrible Fallout game. It's a horrible RPG. It's a vaguely alright mindless FPS.

Fallout 3 is to the Fallout series as The Star Wars holiday special is to Star wars.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Star_Wars_Holiday_Special

Sure they share the same theme, same groups, and many other things, but they are hardly what you would call a good edition to the series.

How is fallout 3 "...exactly what the franchise needed after that piece of shit BOS."??

So a poorly made shooter that completely destroyed the series mythos and atmosphere, as well as the key game play and roleplaying elements, is best remedied by yet another game that does the same thing?

Ill admit to spending many tens of hours in the damn game, but that doesnt change the fact that as a FPS it is marginal at best, and as an RPG it just fails (stats that dont do anything and have no effect on how the player interacts witht he world).

Name a legitimate FPS that F3 is better than. Likewise an RPG that F3 is somehow able to out perform.

And Im not even touching on the fact that the game was shipped nearly broken for many users.

UnidentifiedFlyingTard said:
Personally I couldn't give a shit what you say about Fallout 3 or what anyone else says, Fallout 3 is exactly what the franchise needed after that piece of shit BOS.

back on topic, I get this error "Failed to create D3DDevice (8876086c)" I have checked everywhere but I can't find a solution, anyone care to point me in the right direction.
O rly?
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=%22Failed+to+create+D3DDevice+(8876086c)%22

Yeah, they really have to make sure that Fallout's grave is deep enough, otherwise it might resurrect.

I believe the only reason you guys hate it is because Interplay didn't make it (not because it sucks because it obviously doesn't), if Interplay made the exact same thing you would have thought it was fucking genius.

did I mention how hard it is to make a game? I made a little game using Game Maker and I nearly tore my hair out because how frustrating bugs are, you have to give them slack, besides Fallout 3 seems to doing fine without this websites support.

M-26-7, That link doesn't work, but thank you for pointing me in the right direction.

EDIT: No solution found, I guess I need a new video card? fucking hell.

Tell me, have you checked any of the earlier topics on this subject?

Not the ones in which people mindlessly rant on the developers but actually explained why they did not like Fallout 3 or feel that Bethesda's design policies and execution of concepts is rather poor.

If not, may I suggest that you start reading those first before writing idiocy in a topic which more shows your ignorance and bias on us and Fallout in general?.

did I mention how hard it is to make a game? I made a little game using Game Maker and I nearly tore my hair out because how frustrating bugs are, you have to give them slack, besides Fallout 3 seems to doing fine without this websites support.

These people aren't just fiddling around with a rpg kit in their bedrooms, they're suppose to be people who have been designing games for years, some of them even going to various schools to learn game design, yet they show a level of incapability one should be ashamed off.
And I am not talking about the bugs.

The poor understanding of Fallout, inconsistent designs, serious lack of originality, bad dialog.
If you are not capable of something, you either learn to become capable of it or you get someone who is professional or talented, the same goes with game design.

As for the last, well why are you here when you clearly are irritated by our lack of following the crowd and refusing to worship Fallout 3 as a genuine sequel?

Like I said, I could care less if you like Fallout 3 or not, I'm more irritated that you are calling it mediocre when it obviously isn't, Too Human is mediocre, Fracture is mediocre, Fallout 3 is far from it. the dialogue is as good as the dialogue in Fallout, it has such a similar feel I looked up to see if the writers of Fallout had any input in the project.

but anyways if you want to continue arguing, PM me, I don't want to get banned for hijacking a thread.

Like I said, I could care less if you like Fallout 3 or not, I'm more irritated that you are calling it mediocre when it obviously isn't, Too Human is mediocre, Fracture is mediocre, Fallout 3 is far from it. the dialogue is as good as the dialogue in Fallout, it has such a similar feel I looked up to see if the writers of Fallout had any input in the project.

Did you actually play FO1 or 2?? The dialogue and dialogue trees in the originals is light years ahead of FO3.

I strongly disagree, but hey I could care less if you hate Fallout 3, I just wish everyone would stop saying Fallout is dead, because from what I have seen here it is far from dead.

Not Fallout per se is "dead". But its feature is. With Bethesda anyway.

What ever if Fallout 3 is a fun game or not is debatable. But that it lacks many of Fallout typical qualities is not. really its rather pretty easy to see what made the games great. And parts of it have been the PnP mechanics. Some mean its not, but well I think the original devs know it best, and its what they said.

On the other hand, Bethesda has with their game created a different audience which many can be described as "Fallout tourists". They believe the setting is all what makes Fallout ignoring its mechanics. But its not going to work that way. You cant just take a whole bole of icing and call it a cake cause you dont like the flan case. But thats what Bethesda does offer with their game. Just the icing and telling the "PnP" are not modern anymore.

but anyways if you want to continue arguing, PM me, I don't want to get banned for hijacking a thread.
You will not be banned for anything here if you dont insult someone. This is not the Bethesda forum afterall. Youcan even say that you dont like the NMA community and will not get any warning. Though it would be of course a bit pointless posting then :P but I am just saying you know I think you get the point.

But I really loost you here, what makes you think the "dialogues" in F3 are on par with Fallout 1 and 2 ? That not every written dialogue in F1 and 2 are on the level of Shakespeare is obvious but Bethesdas writters clearly have no experience when it comes to well written dialogues in F1 and F2 you have short writting where it fitts a conversation with a local farmer will not have the same quality as one with a scientist in Vault City same with Rhombus or Harrold and Seth and here you always have a possiblity for different answers. F3 for that matter just has far to many plott holes and way to many dialogues that are not representative for your role or stats. You can have 10 points in intelligence and still your character will most of the timge give answers a 12 year old could throw out, Fighting the "good" fight huh? Or your conversation alone with President Eden, the Ant scientist, etc. etc. and most of the "difference" in your choices comes with just a different answer but has the same result. It has most of the time no different outcome if I either give a answer with Charisma, Intelligence or Perception (serously now ... whats great about the answer "I hear my genes crying!"), part of it is even game breaking, like the stupid "I dont want to remove your destiny" babling from your followers in the purifier, is that any kind of good dialogues? I dont think so.

Fallout 3 isnt even a good RPG to speak so, leaving alone a good Fallout game. Bethesda should seriously try to learn making "proper" RPGs before they even try to atempt to work on Fallout 3. I think most people would bitch a lot less if at least the content in the game would have as RPG any value, but even most choices you have are only superficial, in many important situations you are forced to do exactly one thing. YOu have to follow a certain path and are at least in the main quest railroaded so heavily that its not funny anymore, how can really one talk here about "non linear" gameplay? You always have to work with the Brotherhood in the end, if you like it or not, if you killed half of their base or the wasteland doesnt matter. They will offer you help regardless what happend.

If you have played Fallout 1 and 2 which you say you have you eventualy noticed that Fallout usualy offered you here much more freedom. At no point have you been dependent on the help of either the Brotherhood or many other "factions". You could shape the story to your own liking completely ignoring the Brotherhood, hell if you would have knew about the plot you could have straight moved to the Church and Mariposa and solving the whole game before it even started (I am NOT talking about a speed run!) if you had tagged the right skills!.

I have and do play Fallout 1, I ordered Fallout 2 off of Amazon so I'm waiting it to arrive in the mail.

did you just call the dialogue in Fallout Shakespearean? because I mean love Fallout but its not the best written game of all time, RPG maybe, I do love Diablo 2 which in my opinion is one if not the best RPG of all time, it has way better writing then any Fallout game. but I can't say anything about Fallout 2 yet.

I do admit some of the Dialogue in Fallout 3 is a little....off, Project Purity is silly concept, I mean after 200 years all of that Radiation in the water should be gone, also since when did Ghouls run?
I guess such annoyances are gonna happen when different people make a sequel.

also why the fuck is Golam in The Pitt?

Back