ATOM RPG 1.0 is released!

The_Proletarian

Sonny, I Watched the Vault Bein' Built!
Staff member
Admin

We just recieved an early christmas gift, the team behind kickstarted ATOM rpg just released version 1.0.

I'm not going to say much about it, it's better that you read the latest update and if you're interested just buy the game. It's very much affordable at 15$.

Atom team said:
ATOM is a Fallout and Wasteland inspired RPG that became something more or less original and independant as it was developed. It’s completely non-linear. It features more than 450+ NPC characters, each with a unique portrait, a branching dialogue and his or her own place in the world’s structure.

ATOM has various endings and various paths to reach them with. The system of perks, skills and traits will let you create any character type you can imagine, be it a brawler or a traveling intellectual.

ATOM now features more than 250 unique quests of all shapes and sizes - from simple to epic, from partially hidden to in-your-face obvious.

It has 90+ different locations, scattered around three global maps. It holds 100+ types of weapons, 30+ types of enemies, and even a car. A lot is possible in this living world, the fate of which largely depends on your gameplay choices.

The future is bright:

Atom team said:
And the best thing is this: We’re not letting go of this world just yet. After this release, there will be plenty more content to come in the shape of free DLCs and patches!

Last edited:
That screenshot... Either it's a world travel screen or we get to play as a giant at some point.

That screenshot... Either it's a world travel screen or we get to play as a giant at some point.
giphy.gif

Maybe the Russians already had drones with cameras in the 80's.

That's indeed the world travel screen. Pretty cool I think.

Game world looks like this:
iu

Last edited:
Either the devs forgot to include an in-game list of hotkeys and the ability to rebind them, or they're currently working on it atm, so to help those poor souls confused about hotkeys:
B601442FF7D96CE192CE9B475A29921EAC31B6E4

I found it via Steam Guide

Purchased! Looking forward to playing it over Christmas

Unfortunate the videos still don't run well on my computer.
I see the subtitles but the video doesn't run until it is at the last part and the same goes for the sound.

This is very exciting! It feels like a good time to be a fallout fan even with fallout 76. We got a.t.o.m. rpg, another upcoming inspired fallout game called encased, last year we got two great total conversion mods like Fallout Nevada and Fallout 1.5 resurrection. And now and we are getting a new mod from the Nevada maker! Oh and we're also getting a new underrail expansion!

To me, this game was a big disappointment. UI Control is just as bad as first two Fallout, combat AI is ridiculous, line of sight is broken due to restricted camera view, and bunch of other stuff. It really has nothing interesting features aside from everyone's favorite 'atmosphere'

The writing is really good! This is the first game in a very long time where I actually enjoy reading the dialog. Compare that to the recent PoE or the new Shadowrun games where you constantly feel the urge to just click through the dialog.

Last edited:
I'm glad to see it's finally released. I remember people talking about how little there was a year or two ago? Maybe longer? Glad to see it was still worked on. I'll have to grab it soon, kinda wish it was on GOG but if it's good, I'll get it on Steam anyway.

I'm glad to see it's finally released. I remember people talking about how little there was a year or two ago? Maybe longer? Glad to see it was still worked on. I'll have to grab it soon, kinda wish it was on GOG but if it's good, I'll get it on Steam anyway.
I think I read somewhere, the devs saying they want to release it on GOG, but GOG only accepts it once its fully released or something. So it could be coming to GOG quite soon.

Ended up buying it and i'm enjoying it so far, specially the writing and characters. Haven't ran into much combat outside of some critters outside of the walls in the first town and someone i had to kill for a quest.

Then again, i'm around 3 hours in.

To me, this game was a big disappointment. UI Control is just as bad as first two Fallout, combat AI is ridiculous, line of sight is broken due to restricted camera view, and bunch of other stuff. It really has nothing interesting features aside from everyone's favorite 'atmosphere'
ATOM mimics Fallouts antiquated combat system to a fault. Obviously, as a big fan of Fallout I have no problems with it and actually enjoy it quite much. It's more than serviceable I'd say. It scratches that nostalgic itch.

However I can't help the feeling that this would actually benefit a lot by having a combat system more like the one featured in Wasteland 2 (like the cover system and player controlled party).

the only issue is with the camera as you can't zoom out enough or give it enough tilt. but you get used to it

@Black Angel You should absolutely play this. This is so Fallout 2 reversed. I.e. your experience won't be tarnished by pop culture references because you'd fail to recognize most of to be too upset about them.

I think I read somewhere, the devs saying they want to release it on GOG, but GOG only accepts it once its fully released or something. So it could be coming to GOG quite soon.
Huh, weird. GOG has some titles that are still "In development" as GOG calls it. Maybe those devs have a good reputation and GOG decides to trust them to finish the game?
Thanks anyway.

Huh, weird. GOG has some titles that are still "In development" as GOG calls it. Maybe those devs have a good reputation and GOG decides to trust them to finish the game?
Thanks anyway.
I found some info from the Devs.
This one is from 6 months ago:
We already introduced our game to the GOG forums. When the final version of the game will be ready in the last quarter of 2018, we will contact their staff again. After that - it will all depend on how long it takes to prepare a project for a GOG release.
And this one is from the start of this month:
Hi! We would also love to see our game on GOG - a really good platform for our type of game. We are currently in the very, very beginning of talks with a GOG representative, so we cannot make any promises or call any dates, but if it will solely depend on our actions - yes - we will be eventually featured there, next year hopefully. However, it's not only up to us. And it's a lengthy process. :)

Back