Bethesda E3 Showcase Tonight, Stream Links

It's the creation engine, so modding will be as diverse as with Skyrim.

So a bunch armor bikini mods then? :ugly:
Seriously though, the voiced protagonist thing is going to make it hard for quest modders. It is going to be interesting to see how modders are going to work around that.

Bethsoft might release voicepacks and resources with the main character since their games rely on modders to stay relevant.

Some quick ones. FO4 has better human models, but the texture quality is in line with the Medium sized texture packs from the nexus.B

But I guess if you have 3 perception you won't be able to tell either way.....
Like I said, high-texture mods follow on the heels of any release like mushrooms after the rain.. who knows maybe all those kids and you know something that Beth designers don't, or may be not.

FalloutNV%202015-06-15%2019-14-18-76_zps5z7nuszj.jpg

MWSnap235_2015-06-15%2C_05_17_52.png

FalloutNV%202015-06-15%2019-42-56-04_zpsqapne8cg.jpg

MWSnap149_2015-06-15%2C_05_02_10.png

FalloutNV%202015-06-15%2019-15-36-90_zpstjgcb7gg.jpg

MWSnap142_2015-06-15%2C_05_01_53.png

FalloutNV%202015-06-15%2019-38-53-21_zpsfecx7rdp.jpg

MWSnap151_2015-06-15%2C_05_02_15.png

55076-1-1393105975.jpg

MWSnap137_2015-06-15%2C_05_01_40.png

Anyway I do love how Beth trailer seem down to earth without PR polish that many other companies used to market their games.

4 seems clearly superior graphics wise. Kind of surprised people are arguing the fact.

There seems to be some conflation of style with quality here. F4 looks a lot less rough, some have said more "cartoonish," which is right on the mark. In terms of eye for detail, some of NV's enbs and texture packs could also be argued to beat what we've seen of vanilla F4 in certain aspects. Overall, though, it's not really any contest-- F4 blows 3 and NV out of the water, graphically. Look at the comparison of the scree and bushes in Walpknut's first two comparison shots alone.

Last edited:
It's funny because a lot of people here are hating every aspect of the game, I on the other hand only hate the fact that they destroyed 2 core aspects of Fallout (three if you get a ahead and count lore as ruined, it's not confirmed yet but it's a safe bet they fucked that too) But those 2 aspects are so central to what Fallout is for me that it basically counterbalances any other addition. I play New Vegas Modded, I like the Weapon Mods expanded mod, and they included a very indepth crafting system, Layered Armor sounds cool, The Power Armor system could be interesting, I like playing Wasteland Defense and they have the stronghold system and they seem to have improved combat a bit, hell I am mostly just acting like a dickhead when comparing the graphics to ENBs, I actually like the moving Vaultboy icons..... If this game had respected Skills and hadn't gone the way of Mass Effect regarding dialogue I would have been on board with it at least as some dumb fun.

Same here. I could have been on board with some dumb fun and enjoy modding it but then Beth decided that they want to be more like Bioware and decided to add a voice protagonist with a forced emotional back story. First Bioware wanted to be more like Beth and copy Skyrim with Dragon Age: Inquisition and now Beth is trying to be more like Bioware and copy Mass Effect with Fallout 4. Dear game devs, stop copying and ripping off each other! Please!

Never. Altho I already did, I actually went onto saying how with some modding FO4 could look like Witcher 3 on Ultra (sans the character model detail).

There seems to be some conflation of style with quality here. F4 looks a lot less rough, some have said more "cartoonish," which is right on the mark. In terms of eye for detail, some of NV's enbs and texture packs could also be argued to beat what we've seen of vanilla F4 in certain aspects. Overall, though, it's not really any contest-- F4 blows 3 and NV out of the water, graphically. Look at the comparison of the scree and bushes in Walpknut's first two comparison shots alone.

I don't see any room for comparison. Any kid can make higher-res texture mod for high end rigs (and modders usually disregard poly count), but higher textures is just a paint job that give the illusion of details, while FO4 environments have been designed with far more details, and once released same higher-res mods will make it look even better for the hardcore gaming crowd...

As for style, its another topic...

If the mass effect style dialogue helps bethesda write better, then so be it. I would rather have bethesda bastardize everything there is about fallout and make an enjoyable game then have them try and stay true to the originals (which they've proven they can't do) and make a poor one.

My god that Intersting NPCs mod is 2gb! Holy crap some fans are very dedicated. More dedicated than Beth's writters it seems.

If the mass effect style dialogue helps bethesda write better, then so be it. I would rather have bethesda bastardize everything there is about fallout and make an enjoyable game then have them try and stay true to the originals (which they've proven they can't do) and make a poor one.

Since when has Beth ever tried to stayed true to the originals?:| Because Fallout 3 is debatable, and I speak as someone who enjoyed Fallout 3 and consider it to be a fun game but no where near as fun or enjoyable as NV.

Last edited:
My god that Intersting NPCs mod is 2gb! Holy crap some fans are very dedicated. More dedicated than Beth's writters it seems.

Yeah and this mod took years to build. The mod is worth it though. The characters are well written and make you feel something besides boredom or contempt. Plus it adds more quest then the generic and standard fetch quests that is everywhere in Skyrim.

Last edited:
My god that Interesting NPCs mod is 2gb! Holy crap some fans are very dedicated. More dedicated than Beth's writers it seems.

Yep. Some of the companion mods are better than the companions they release with the games.

"...And of course you can play as a female."

WOOOOAAAAHHHHH!!

As if this is possible for the very first time in history of humankind. Someone has to explain to my why people are this dumb?

I'm eagerly awaiting that dumb bitch Anita Sarkeesian to see what she has to complain about this now.

so brave

Maybe you should wonder why getting to play as a female has to be such a big fucking deal in the first place. Oh, that's right -- because you couldn't do it for fucking ages and still can't on most games, and because white-male protagonists are dramatically over-represented in an entertainment media shared by a way more diverse audience base.

But don't let that stick in your neckbeard.

Seriously though, the voiced protagonist thing is going to make it hard for quest modders. It is going to be interesting to see how modders are going to work around that.
I hope someone will make a mod that "fixes" the dialogue system - first-person only, no voice and you can see what are you going to say, not just two words of it. And then we can make more mods.
I don't hate the system itself and maybe dialogues will be better because of it? I mean, there's a guy in the studio who reads it all out loud and then someone can realize how dumb these lines are.
Holy crap some fans are very dedicated. More dedicated than Beth's writters it seems.
And to think that Beth won an award for writing. I have no words.

Last edited:
To think that they spend so much money on their games when they put so littkle effort on things they get praised for..... Man the AAA scene is just a disgusting thing.

I mean seriously, look at this:
http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mod...kyrim/ajax/modimages/?user=0&id=64820&gid=110
Made by a single dude with no budget.....

With rumors that Fallout 4 may have very little in terms of modding, I can't help but wonder if maybe FO4 is their attempt at trying to show everyone that they are more talented and better then the modders who mod and fix their games. I hope this falls on their heads.

Back