Bethesda E3 Showcase Tonight, Stream Links

There's no way in hell that there'll be any less mod support. Just no way. Bethesda doesn't work that way.

Holy crap some fans are very dedicated. More dedicated than Beth's writters it seems.
And to think that Beth won an award for writing. I have no words.

Again you guys just dirt slinging... quick google suggests its a skyrim mod and it has 12 marriages.. I bet that most people here will get a kneejerk reaction at the thought (especially in today politically correct environment) and would be frothing at the mouth against it (starting with welpknut). And that why folks, you have modding...

Btw speaking of modding, I really loved what they added to the game (Base item dependency\logic), I have no doubt in mind that FO4 will be a huge hit and will allow a lot of content. I am excited to see what people will come up with with time..

Last edited:
Wow dude, you are just over exterting yourself in trying to defend your dear heroes in Bethesda. Quick google searches? How about reading the mod descriptions? I guess Beth fans find reading more than 2 paragraphs too much of a hassle? It adds over 250 new npcs and 50 new quests all fully voiced and reactive. That's a lot more than the vanilla game and with more quality to it. Also I don't really much give two shits either way about marriage in Skyrim, but if they are adding more variety is a good thing. I don't get why you assume so much instead of actually building an argument.

"...And of course you can play as a female."

WOOOOAAAAHHHHH!!

As if this is possible for the very first time in history of humankind. Someone has to explain to my why people are this dumb?

I'm eagerly awaiting that dumb bitch Anita Sarkeesian to see what she has to complain about this now.

so brave

Maybe you should wonder why getting to play as a female has to be such a big fucking deal in the first place. Oh, that's right -- because you couldn't do it for fucking ages and still can't on most games, and because white-male protagonists are dramatically over-represented in an entertainment media shared by a way more diverse audience base.

But don't let that stick in your neckbeard.

Let's not, please. The comment was just to acknowledge and dipel a rumor that gained traction after the teaser trailer that you'd be stuck with a white male static protagonist. Not sure how something like that would have taken root in the first place-- Bethesda sandboxes are all about giving the player control over the basic cosmetic aspects of their character.

There's no way in hell that there'll be any less mod support. Just no way. Bethesda doesn't work that way.

I don't know. Their ego has gotten pretty big after winning that best writing award. Modding already looks limited in terms of quest mods due to the protagonist being voiced. :twitch: Hopefully there will be an option to be a silent protagonist but I doubt that. Oh well, I made the decision to not buy this game unless there is a super amazing mod for it that compels me.

Last edited:
“I have here in my hand a list of 205 [NMA users] that were known to the moderators of the site as being members of the communist movement and who nevertheless are still working and shaping the threads of the forums.”

How about we don't get into that discussion right now. Or anytime, really, at least not in this thread.

I have to say, Fallout 4 does look at least fun to play. While I don't have any hopes that the story will be good or that there will be any good characters, I do think that it will provide some hours of fun.
Which is all I'm looking for, really.

It at least looks like it'll be a better FPS than Fallout 3 was, so in that sense it'll be kind of fun.

Have they confirmed whether or not hardcore mode is returning?

Thread derailment got vatted mid-edit for me. Better for all of us, that being gone.

Has anyone played Fallout Shelter yet? Is it Idevice-only?

Google didn't give me any mentions of a hardcore mode from Behesda. Still up in the air. I would have expected a hardcore mode in Skyrim, but I realize now that Skyrim would've been in development before New Vegas was released, and they wouldn't have been influenced by it either way. So I doubt Bethesda has a particular anti-hardcore mode sentiment. In fact, I can see it working well with the new gameplay additions of building and crafting and such.

It at least looks like it'll be a better FPS than Fallout 3 was, so in that sense it'll be kind of fun.

Yeah I'm looking at this like I look at Skyrim: It'll be a fun action adventure, even though it'll be a bad rpg/fallout game.

As long as there isn't anything that directly works against New Vegas/1,2 lore, or as long as the game doesn't have too much to do with those games in general, I can seperate the games headcanon-wise, and hopefully have at least as much fun as with Skyrim. Which could have been quite a bit more, admittedly.

Last edited:
I might actually be semi-incentivised towards using the town building stuff in hardcore mode, since I made use of the Survivalist's Bunker and Lone Gunman's Tools Of The Trade mods for New Vegas for the player houses they offer. Regardless of how annoying the original intention of the town building feature is, I'll still need an easily locateable hideout to store all of raw meat I've farmed to avoid death.

WOOOOAAAAHHHHH!!

As if this is possible for the very first time in history of humankind. Someone has to explain to my why people are this dumb?

I'm eagerly awaiting that dumb bitch Anita Sarkeesian to see what she has to complain about this now.

so brave

Maybe you should wonder why getting to play as a female has to be such a big fucking deal in the first place. Oh, that's right -- because you couldn't do it for fucking ages and still can't on most games, and because white-male protagonists are dramatically over-represented in an entertainment media shared by a way more diverse audience base.

Most where probably just happy that you didn't get 1 male protagonist like it was rumoured to be for some time.

WOOOOAAAAHHHHH!!

so brave

Most where probably just happy that you didn't get 1 male protagonist like it was rumoured to be for some time.

Exactly, I highly doubt it had anything to do with female empowerement. The reddit rumors were taken seriously by gaming media and fans alike, and a lot of people were worried you'd be forced to play a male.

Lately, it seems the people who make a big deal out of everything are the anti-feminists.

Nobody really cares about that aspect.
You don't have to be so acerbic and up your own arse about everything... I never post here, but have read some comments and you just appear to be a dickhead about everything, what nasty stuff happened to you as a kid that compelled you to act like this now?

OT, I was a bit irked by the fact it appears that you're given full-blown power armour at level 2 (when you meet that Preston Garben guy in the town hall), but it might just appear like this for demo purposes (the instant transition gives the impression that you head there right after meeting the dog). At least there seems to be some ramifications for actually wearing the armour (mobility for sure, which is relieving). It definitely has more of a mech-suit vibe going on which is quite a nice addition,. I wonder if it prevents you from swimming/jumping etc.? I think it would be cool if power armour ran out of, well....power, after a while - limiting its use?
I remember in the Van Buren demo it was mentioned how power-draining the t-45d was. You could have to source the 'small energy cell' packs needed to fuel it, which could bring some strategy elements into its availability (use as ammo vs power)

Nobody really cares about that aspect.
You don't have to be so acerbic and up your own arse about everything... I never post here, but have read some comments and you just appear to be a dickhead about everything, what nasty stuff happened to you as a kid that compelled you to act like this now?
Don't come in here with these personal attacks, please. If you disagree with someone, you don't need to do this.

Back