Bethesda fans want MORE aliens - surprised or not?

I am really convinced there will be a moon DLC a la Operation Anchorage in which we replay one of the US battles that according to Fallout 4 took place there.

Please no space ideas.

I didn't even like Presper and his B.O.M.B. satellite. It was no different than the fatman treating nukes like toys that were ready for easy deployment/enclave genocide.

Wanamingos were more mutations with the locals thinking aliens as tney had no explanation for such mutant monstrosities. The locals even thought the crashed vertibird in 2 was super weird.

TBH, some ideas are plain jarring/out of place. Even the semi-original team had blame. However, its the amount of weirdness placed that counts and beth holds second place behind FPOS.

Was it just me or did anyone else get Lovecraft vibes from the Cabbot House questline. All that talk of pre human cities in the empty quarter interested me until the whole "my fathers work suggests an ancient city buried somewhere in the mojave" I hope Cabbot junior gets lobotomized or killed by the cloud. Why did they have to go there with that nonsense?

Cause lovecraft is all the rage.

Even King has jumped aboard the wagon and taken ideas. Evil Dead, The Re-Animator, Dagon, South Park, its hard to NOT,find his works mentioned.

Oh and Beth is all about jumping on board the shallow bandwagon as well.

Lovecraft, Moon Base, and Underwater DLC. It's done. No need to speculate further - they're gonna decide to stick to Skyrim and have all current gen stuff with only 3 expansions as opposed to the old 4.

The side quests are all set up for the above 3 already anyways. Even if they had a fourth it would be to do with the Memory Den. But if you don't believe these are the only possibilities, just play the game and you'll see some side quests are just basically a teaser for DLC.

Moon Base practically designs itself. You have a jetpack with a floaty feeling to it in game already, low gravity, Zeta aliens - Space themed alien moon base exploration over a generic moon textured surface. Throw in some Chinese/Russian sites and some pod people and you have a DLC.

I'm available for hire Bethesda.

Lovecraft, Moon Base, and Underwater DLC. It's done. No need to speculate further - they're gonna decide to stick to Skyrim and have all current gen stuff with only 3 expansions as opposed to the old 4.

The side quests are all set up for the above 3 already anyways. Even if they had a fourth it would be to do with the Memory Den. But if you don't believe these are the only possibilities, just play the game and you'll see some side quests are just basically a teaser for DLC.

We think alike. I literally thought/said this exact same thing.

I'm going to go out on a limb here and believe that Bethesda's target demographic for Fallout 4 doesn't know who or what a Lovecraft is and wouldn't even get any reference to that in the first place. The game was written for the lowest common denominator, and the dialogue wheel was made because their target audience is allergic to reading in the first place.

Moon Ghouls! because they apparently can survive with no oxygen, food or water.

I'm going to go out on a limb here and believe that Bethesda's target demographic for Fallout 4 doesn't know who or what a Lovecraft is and wouldn't even get any reference to that in the first place. The game was written for the lowest common denominator, and the dialogue wheel was made because their target audience is allergic to reading in the first place.

Dude, Lovecraft is no longer an obscure author, everybody and their mother references him on everything these days. There are even Cthulhu plushies.

Lovecraft lore is based in that part of the country. That is all there is to it.

Lovecraft lore is based in that part of the country. That is all there is to it.

And that it seems 'cool'.

Personally, I don't care if they have "Da Aliems" in Fallout. Obviously before it was just little Easter Eggs. Hell, I'm a huge fan of X-Files. But, any Aliens they add will simply be things to shoot at. If they do any sort of Zeta Reticuli Mothership DLC thing, it'll just be an Alien shooting gallery with no deep plot quest or choices. At the very least they could add something different if they changed it up a bit with anything really: An alien civil war to pick sides (kind of like the whole alien rebel thin in X-files) with in spaaaace or even obtaining an alien follower like in Perfect Dark.

And that it seems 'cool'.

Yep Lovecraft and the Cthulhu Mythos are pretty much popular culture now, he isn't obscure as he used to be a while back, only known to a handful of readers/nerds.
Even back then some of the writers imitating him never completely got what the Mythos was about, I can only dread what some contemporary writers and fans make up these days. (though I also get the feeling there are writers who do get it)

I think one DLC for sure is the Memory Den, too much possibilities not to do. May also allow us to spend more time in the "peaceful" pre war setting.

Don't want anymore aliens. While Sea of Tranquility seems like a possibility, it would be just too much alien stuff.

Speaking about Lovercraftian influences, I loved it in Dunwich and Point Lookout. While Cabot House has something from Lovecraft it has more with this pseudo scientific ancient aliens theory, which doesn't fit the Fallout at all.

I think one DLC for sure is the Memory Den, too much possibilities not to do. May also allow us to spend more time in the "peaceful" pre war setting.

Don't want anymore aliens. While Sea of Tranquility seems like a possibility, it would be just too much alien stuff.

Speaking about Lovercraftian influences, I loved it in Dunwich and Point Lookout. While Cabot House has something from Lovecraft it has more with this pseudo scientific ancient aliens theory, which doesn't fit the Fallout at all.

I don't know what it is exactly but Dunwich and Point Lookout had some kind of charm I'm just not getting in the new game.

A memory den DLC would be great, if it wasn't made by Bethesda.

It really doesn't surprise me that there are people who want more of literally anything in Fallout 4. There's a diverse audience for this game after all.

Personally, I've never really liked the aliens, ghosts, psykers, etc. stuff in Fallout, but I imagine there are people who do. I know I love the goofiness in Fallout 2 but some people are annoyed by it. Probably best to do this stuff in DLC so that you can just ignore it by not buying it (or installing it if you get the complete edition.)

Back