Community campaign to push Bethesda into letting Obsidian do a Fallout spin-off

The_Proletarian

Sonny, I Watched the Vault Bein' Built!
Staff member
Admin
So it's rumored that Behaviour Interactive will be the ones who make a spin-off to Fallout 4.

That is very worrisome! A spin-off from Obsidian would be the only good thing about Fallout 4 and now it's not even sure that that is going to happen.

So I thought that what if we start som community campaign to push Beth into letting Obsidian do a spin-off. What do ypu think? In this early stage maybe it's possible.

If that rumor is true and a spin-off is set for release in 2016, then it's already too late to change anything.

I can't be bothered but someone should start a petition? Or maybe it needs to be on Facebook?

Anyhow the campaign needs to be serious and not flaming. The reasons we want Obsidian to develop can't be because Bethesda suck at making Fallout games, even if that is the case.

Last edited:
I can't be bothered but someone should start a petition? Or maybe it needs to be on Facebook?

Anyhow the campaign needs to be serious and not flaming. The reasons we wont Obsidian to develop can't be because Bethesda suck at making Fallout games, even if that is the case.

This

The focus should be on wanting to experience the west coast maybe legion territory post Caesar or something along those lines

That rumor regarding Behaviour Interactive has turned out to be bogus. The reddit post was a bunch of shit, the only things correct being things that had already been leaked through Kotaku, of all places. With that said, I'd love a new Obsidian game, but Bethesda is so pissed over Obsidian getting better fan reception overall (the Steam reviews indicate this very, very well), that I dunno if there will be another one. Maybe there will because Bethesda likes money, but Bethesda also loves to do the exact opposite of what people want, so.

Behavior Interactive....oh god, arent those the guys who made those awful Spongebob games (Plankton's Robotic Revenge and Hero Pants)?

I don't believe this for one minute. Why would they let an unproven developer fuck with their prized series? Answer: They wouldn't.

That'd be a good choice, but I think MCA has indicated on his social media that he's a little more comfortable closer to the independent end of the circuit right now. Then again, we all know how industry politics are, and MCA's always had a weakness for Fallout.

There's really no reason to believe any rumors about spinoff developments yet. There's no particular reason they'd not hire Obsidian again, given the returns on NV. There's also no particular reason they would, either, over other studios. They may or may not care that a lot of the fanbase thinks NV showed up 3 in certain regards, they may or may not want to take advantage of Obsidian's revelation that they were over a barrel for awhile, there may be other studios hungrier for it and more in line with Bethesda's vision. There are too many factors to speculate over at this point. Don't believe anything you read if it doesn't come from a credible source.

If Obsidian does get another go, I sincerely hope they bring MCA back in for some chummy consulting work. I haven't heard anything about the terms he left Obsidian on, but here's hoping they were amenable.

I don't believe this for one minute. Why would they let an unproven developer fuck with their prized series? Answer: They wouldn't.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Behaviour_Interactive doesn't say much Buuut...

http://www.bhvr.com/

[h=2]Wolfenstein – The New Order[/h][h=3]Bethesda – 2014[/h] Europe, 1960. The war is over. And the Nazis are triumphant victors. Using unrelenting force and brutal intimidation, the Nazis have brought even the most powerful nations to their knees. The Nazi regime now rules the globe with an iron fist. You are Captain B.J. Blazkowicz, the American War Hero. After emerging into this world of darkness, you must launch an impossible counter-offensive against the monstrous Nazi regime. Only you dare stand up against an unstoppable army of Nazi robots and hulking Super Soldiers. Only you can stop Deathshead. Only you can rewrite history.
Initially developed for PS4 and Xbox one, The New Order perfectly mixes intensive gameplay and breathtaking graphics. Betesda asked Behaviour interactive to adapt it to Xbox 360 and Playstation 3. And the result has nothing to envy to the original version on high end consoles!

They do have a relationship with them. But I hope that the rumor is just bullshit.

In Behaviour Interactive site, under the partners section there is Bethesda's logo, so yeah, they know each other.

Behavior Interactive is also involved with Fallout Shelter in some capacity. If you have the game, hit the credits and scroll down a bit.

Not a stretch to think they could get a shot at a larger game.

Behavior Interactive is also involved with Fallout Shelter in some capacity. If you have the game, hit the credits and scroll down a bit.

Not a stretch to think they could get a shot at a larger game.

Or maybe Fallout Shelter is the only spin-off we will get.

Yeah was thinkign the same, it's weird for companies to plan a spin off before the game is out, I think the spin off in the leak was Fallout Shelter.

We'll jsut have to wait and see if another Obsi Fallout comes down the line.

I honestly doubt Obsidian would do a spin off with Chris gone...
The situation just gets worse, even when I can't think of ways it could get worse it manages to do it.

Back