Does anyone remember ANY Fallout 3 characters?

CthuluIsSpy said:
Amata, because supposed love interest.
That would be Sarah Lyons, actually.

Now that I think about it, getting to know Sarah better over the course of the game, including "Broken Steel" so your interactions could go further (assuming you were a saint, of course), was some of the best material in the entire game. The shady details surrounding why you couldn't become an initiate no matter WHAT you did early on in the game seemed less absurd when it was Sarah telling you in her stern fashion that your help was appreciated but that it was another matter entirely from joining the Brotherhood. Being able to continue the game made the sacrifice interaction with Sarah much more meaningful, and her parting words with you at the end of Broken Steel, wishing that the 2 of you had met under different, better circumstances, so that you could have been closer, was a really nice touch.

Amidst all the crap in this game, there was at least one relationship and character arc that was done decently.

Amata, because supposed love interest.

I actually only really remember her because of the story I created for her outside 101, where she leaves with TLW, The wanderer dies (not at PP), and after the fact in depression, she heads west and ends up in Vegas where she gets in a lesbo relationship with Courier six.

Tenpenny, for being a Brit in post apocalyptic America. Also super racist. (how did he get there?!)

I had a thing in a fanfic I wrote a long time ago that theorized Tenpenny, Moriarty, James all came over on a boat at the same time, but it was a rough trip like the Mayflower or something and there were practically no survivors. Why they came here... I never could think of any logical reason...

Disregarding "just the names", I remember Moira and Three Dog as characters, both because they were annoying little pests.

CthulhuIsSpy said:
Tenpenny, for being a Brit in post apocalyptic America. Also super racist. (how did he get there?!)
This, in my opinion, is the dumbest thing in FO3. Not the Enclave and BOS, not the californian critters and mutants dwelling in DC, not the sacrificial-biblical plot. THIS. A Brit crossing radioactive Atlantic Ocean, finding an abandoned building and turning it into a hotel full of rich people without a visible source of income. Two years after playing FO3 and I still can't wrap my head around this stupidity.

Mameluk said:
This, in my opinion, is the dumbest thing in FO3. Not the Enclave and BOS, not the californian critters and mutants dwelling in DC, not the sacrificial-biblical plot. THIS. A Brit crossing radioactive Atlantic Ocean, finding an abandoned building and turning it into a hotel full of rich people without a visible source of income. Two years after playing FO3 and I still can't wrap my head around this stupidity.
To be fair, Lieutenant in Fallout 1 spoke with a British accent.

But the lore of FO1 never stated that Lou (as human) went from GB to America for some stupid reason.

http://www.1up.com/features/fallout-3-afterthoughts?pager.offset=2

Beth explanation
Allistair Tenpenny came to the Capital Wasteland from Great Britain to seek his fortune, so that alone tells you that the U.K. was also hit in the war. And if he came to U.S. to succeed, that says a lot about how screwed up Europe must be. So we just allude, a little bit, to the state of the rest of the world. We like to leave a lot to the players' imaginations, and somebody like Tenpenny serves as a catalyst for those thoughts.

Basically, random stuff. :|

That explanation pisses me off so much (nevermind the inherent stupidity that he left the UK therefore it was hit by the war). One of the big misteries of the FO universe is if the rest of the world survived the nuclear war, in which shape and if there has been any contact of any kind (via ether or ship) and they "answer" it with a throwaway line in a loading screen that says nothing.

Did Tenpenny know that there were survivors in the US or just took his chances? If he knew it how he knew it? There's communications between the continents? Do ships travel back and forth? If not, how did he reach the US alone?

Good lord, and people praise Beth writing/lore building...

Thanks for him, stimpack is became too cheap.
I'm surpised that stimpack is too expansive at Mojave compare to his price.

Dogmeat, Moria, Liam Neeson, Malcom McDowel..

I just started a tale of two wastelands game after playing 3 to completion years ago and after reaching Megaton I could only recall one companion that I should go find: Dogmeat

And Moria gets the record from me for the most skipped dialog of any character from this series.

Rigel2112 said:
And Moria gets the record from me for the most skipped dialog of any character from this series.

I actually thought to myself that this can't be true.. But then i came to the conclusion i only remeber like 5% of everything she said so it must be true :P

I didn't really find any of the characters likable, except maybe Uncle Leo (...) and perhaps Fawkes...

That's about it. The rest of the characters were pretty forgettable.

Enclave Sigma Soldier said:
Poor Enclave Beth ruined them. Made their "Adavanced Power Armor MK II" as strong as T-45d from before the war. *sigh
:lol:
Praise for Obsidian for enhance them.
just a joke but with mod that connect NV and fo3, AD powerarmor MKII fo3 version is very strong as hell.
but since their HP is only 50, ripper can kill them easily though.

The sad part is most gamers thought Three Dog and the Tunnel Snakes were hilarious and awesome. That makes me cringe more than anything.

I can't remember a single character who wasn't one-dimensional or likable. Maybe Harold and James.

FalloutTroll said:

That bastard is th BOSS of placing himself in the middle of doorways.

Is there a doorway nearby? You can locate it, by looking for Fawkes, because he will be there to block it!

Back