E3 2015

Discussion in 'General Gaming and Hardware Forum' started by TorontRayne, Jun 16, 2015.

1. TorontRayne

TorontRayne Super Eye Patch Man Staff Member Moderator Orderite

Apr 1, 2005
    I don't think that was confirmed. Rumors say it might be a portable console. I think the announcement that they are making mobile games might be fueling some of the rumors, but they might be based on fact. I may be wrong.

2. Walpknut

Walpknut This ghoul has seen it all

Dec 30, 2010
    Xcom2 looks fucking cool.

3. TorontRayne

Apr 1, 2005
    I haven't watched too much of it, but it is a must buy for me.

I'll just put this here.

4. Walpknut

Dec 30, 2010
    Th-that's fanart right? It's not official concept art or reflective of segments in the game, right? right?

Last edited: Jun 17, 2015
  5. TorontRayne

Apr 1, 2005
    I think I grabbed that from Kotaku on their article. It appears to be concept art.

6. Walpknut

Dec 30, 2010
    Also Iwata just basically acknowledged the Nintendo conference was bad and apologized on Twitter..... I don't know if I should feel sad or smug, on one hand Nintendo is been fucking up badly the last few years but on the other..... Dammit Nintendo, I want to believe every year, why do you always do this, you are better than this.... FUCK YOU!.

7. TorontRayne

Apr 1, 2005
    To be fair. They did try. Releasing Mother 1 was a good way to show they are listening. We might get Mother 3 now. They just don't have the output anymore. They need to seduce the hell out of the third party developers. If they want to compete at all and really start selling like hotcakes again they need to release a system that meets or exceeds their competition. Hopefully something more powerful than the PS4.

They screwed up by not showing the new Zelda.

8. Walpknut

Dec 30, 2010

Just leaving this here.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 9, 2016
  9. TorontRayne

Apr 1, 2005
    Found this at the codex. E3 brings joy in many ways.

• [Like] [Like] x 1
  10. Walpknut

Dec 30, 2010
    Troy Baker: I need time to think about this...
    "Codswroth will remember that, not that it will change shit".

11. Stanislao Moulinsky

Stanislao Moulinsky Vault Fossil

Jul 16, 2009
    Uhm...what? Admitedly I'm not the greatest authority in the field but I thought that FPSs without iron sight, enemies mostly without hitscan weapons, non-regenerative health and a PC moving at a decently brisk pace weren't common in the AAA space. :S The only one I can think of is Wolfenstein, and even that has a slooow moving PC (my biggest gripe with the game).

12. The Dutch Ghost

The Dutch Ghost Grouchy old man of NMA Moderator

Jan 11, 2004
    Well perhaps not games of today but certainly those of yesterday which I still play often enough as the new ones are shit.
    Thing is, it is not so much that the shooting gameplay is bad but it does not feel exceptional or stand out now either.
    I probably have become old now.

13. Walpknut

Dec 30, 2010
    It was certainly no Shadow Warrior... looked rather boring, one shot kills, then stopping every 5 seconds to exectue the exact same execution move on the enemies to continue oneshotting things from the hip while they erupt into a rain of glowy "points" or health. *yawn*

14. TorontRayne

Apr 1, 2005
    Old Doom and Quake were played with keyboard and/or mouse. Much faster than a shitty console FPS designed with controllers in mind.

15. Hassknecht

Hassknecht For hate's sake. Admin Orderite

Aug 16, 2010
    It's kinda sad that trackballs in gamepads never caught on. There used to be a combination of joystick and trackball specifically designed for FPS games, consoles would be much less limited in control speed if there was a trackball involved...

16. Stanislao Moulinsky

Stanislao Moulinsky Vault Fossil

Jul 16, 2009
    OG Doom was very playable even with only the keyboard. Making a good, fast paced FPS designed around joypads isn't impossible.

17. Hassknecht

Hassknecht For hate's sake. Admin Orderite

Aug 16, 2010
    Yeah, early FPS were designed solely for keyboard. Even Quake was still keyboard-only by default.
    I remember Star Wars: Dark Forces working pretty well on the PSX, too.

18. AlphaPromethean

AlphaPromethean Vault Senior Citizen

Mar 16, 2013
    In regards to DOOM, I have a feeling it's going to be a lot more fun to play than it is to watch. I've encountered several games like that. For the E3 Demo they had to do a slow walk around the environment to show off the game, like they do with every game, if they played it like a normal person at full speed I imagine it'd be hard to watch as a demonstration. I recall another gameplay trailer for DOOM, and the gameplay looked a hell of a lot faster there.

I'm actually quite hopeful for DOOM, I liked Wolfenstein: The New Order a lot.

So, just checked out the PC Conference, no X-COM 2? What a shame. It would have made sense for them to be there, what with X-COM 2 being PC exclusive and all.

19. TorontRayne

Apr 1, 2005
    I remember some of my friends played with keyboard only but using the keyboard/mouse combo gave me an advantage over them. Maybe they weren't very good.

Dark Forces did work okay on the PSX.

20. Walpknut

Dec 30, 2010

So glad this is coming to PC too.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 9, 2016
    • [Like] [Like] x 1