Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim announced

Discussion in 'NMA News and Information' started by Brother None, Dec 12, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ausdoerrt

Ausdoerrt I should set a custom tit

Oct 28, 2008
    Someone should totally make a PA game and invite SunnO))) to do the soundtrack.

2. Lynette

Lynette It Wandered In From the Wastes

Jan 9, 2010
    [youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=li5aDU9280c[/youtube]

I hold my breath

3. maximaz

maximaz Sonny, I Watched the Vault Bein' Built!

Apr 2, 2006
    I can't get over how the guy doing the voiceover sounds like he is eating mussels or something: "Oblivion openedtht... Spill their own bloodtht"

4. Surf Solar

Surf Solar So Old I'm Losing Radiation Signs

Aug 20, 2009
    :rofl:

IT DAWNS IN FIRE!11

Man, I thought about doing that too, thanks for keeping me away from "work". :D

5. OakTable

OakTable Vault Senior Citizen

Nov 26, 2009
    First day purchase.

6. 100LBSofDogmeat

100LBSofDogmeat It Wandered In From the Wastes

Nov 11, 2008
    uh, i completely understand how that process works, thanks. i have friends who do this for a living professional, and friends who do indie games, including myself. and if you've done linux gaming, a lot of those free indie games are crap. but what the hell, right?

my issues with professional gaming has stemmed more from the bland, repetitive shit they've poured out for so long (call of duty?). and it's not rare for some devs to strike out on their own to make their visions happen (doublebear), though that can fail (troika). at least we got Arcanum.

and i feel the biggest issue for the professional now is cow-towing to the general public and letting marketing play too much into development. despite if MCA thinks it was a good idea in New Vegas, those people are fucking vampires. better open-world sandbox RPG better than Bethsoft. any table-top RPG ever made. on computer? mmm, fairly hard-pressed, but an open-world sandbox 3D environment does not a good RPG make.

7. Little Robot

Little Robot sup Orderite

Sep 29, 2010
    This is the most amazing thing ever. I love it.

8. Crni Vuk

Crni Vuk M4A3 Oldfag oTO Orderite

Nov 25, 2008
    though I have to say I really love the lidle soundtrack of the trailer. Please dont stone me to death now mkay > _ > ?

9. Lynette

Lynette It Wandered In From the Wastes

Jan 9, 2010
    The music is great. Music has never been a problem in their games. Even the F3 music was not bad. Only if compared to the old Fallouts ^^

10. Surf Solar

Surf Solar So Old I'm Losing Radiation Signs

Aug 20, 2009
    It wasn't bad, but pretty generic and unfitting.

11. Iseeyourehandywithablade

Iseeyourehandywithablade First time out of the vault

Dec 15, 2010
    in case people are still talking about it, a dev has recently stated TES V will be using a "new graphics/gameplay engine built internally". So either its actually a proprietary engine or they are giving us a half truth and talking about EGT's new version of Gamebyro.

12. Korin

Korin So Old I'm Losing Radiation Signs
    Admin

Aug 6, 2010
    This is what I have been wondering about... all signs have been pointing to Gamebryo up until this point, so I would be really surprised if this is "brand new" as in not an updated Gamebryo or Lightspeed.

13. Elven6

Elven6 It Wandered In From the Wastes

Oct 23, 2010
    I highly doubt they've been able to put together a new engine that runs and looks better than Gamebyro in four months. PC Gamer sources the community manager so it doesn't really change anything either. Howard is the only person who can clear this up.

14. Ausir

Ausir Venerable Relic of the Wastes

Apr 20, 2003
    Have I already shamelessly promoted Skyrim Wiki here?

As for the engine, it will probably be clarified in the upcoming Game Informer cover story.

15. Faceless Stranger

Faceless Stranger Board Drifter

Aug 19, 2010
    UESP is the only Elder Scrolls wiki for me. Also... is the Vault in danger Ausir?!?!??

16. Ausir

Ausir Venerable Relic of the Wastes

Apr 20, 2003
    Nah, I'm just parodying the Wikipedia personal appeals for lulz. Feel free to donate, though. :)

17. WorstUsernameEver

WorstUsernameEver But best title ever!

May 28, 2010
    You don't look enough like a child molester in that photo Ausir.

18. The Dutch Ghost

The Dutch Ghost Grouchy old man of NMA Moderator

Jan 11, 2004
    Why do a lot of NMA members look so much alike?

Is there some factory out there that manufactures clones of the same template with slight differences but the general same facial build up?

19. coliphorbs

coliphorbs Look, Ma! Two Heads!

Jun 2, 2008
    Sort of like the Oblivion face generator? Hmm.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.